Thieving Truck Drivers

What have you had stolen and you’re certain it was by a “workmate”? I can only say a hand shovel off the tipper which was company owned but still bloody annoying when you’re going to be loading topsoil later that day.
At head office someone regularly stole bulbs from the low loader trailer when it was quicker to get some from the workshop.

Air freshener off the dash…Seriously! :open_mouth:

A spray bottle of glass cleaner out of the door pocket! :open_mouth:

Tacho rolls, handbrush & dustpan, paintbrush, Arco jacket, pillow :imp: , stapler, spare bulbs, blue roll & various bits from the mfr toolkit, not all of this was agency drivers whilst I was on leave. The best one was the agy driver that took the main gate padlock with him, he was clearly seen on cctv opening the gate after unlocking padlock and not locking it back up after shutting gate, strange how the gate key also went missing from the truck keyring despite it being there at the start of the shift, £50 for a new padlock and another £60 for new keys to be cut!!! Needless to say the agency were invoiced for this.

Had a few pallet trucks and sack barrows disappear (and broken ones left in there place) in our place and strangle enough a wee brush I kept in door pocket just to keep dirt to a min on floor !

The one that did pee me of was we had a McCaskel of Stornaway in our place loading up but was staying overnight just out side yard and was worried because he had cig’s on so I gave him a loan of my padlock (right good custom seal one that cost £40ish) never saw the wee bugger again. !

Had some decent ratchet straps nicked once. A driver got fired and on his way out the door decided to take 2 straps out the back of each trailer.

Also had several friends who have had air fresheners nicked by agency drivers… why!?

Years ago you’d get into almost any truck and the tacho key would be missing.

Winding handle for the trailer legs,might sound trivial but it ■■■■■■ me up for a couple of days :imp:

Maps, back in the days of paper ones

My dads never had anything else nicked due to nobody else driving his truck, but somebody once went out in another truck and nighted out, so they ate the cereal left in the truck but left the box behind so the driver thought he hadn’t touched it. Cue the driver getting it back and finding he had no cereal when he wakes up in the middle of nowhere.

Think I’ve had everything that wasn’t bolted down nicked over the years ! Last week my pen, gloves and a can of polish went ffs, "wasn’t in there when I had it " :imp: :imp:

I never have nor would I dream of taking some one elses property !

The most recent was a pair of bolt cutters, they’re supplied by the company, but someone had obviously lost theirs, my truck was inside the workshop (so unlocked) and they went walkies :unamused:

I also had my fuel tank caps swapped, mine were nice and tight and never left a ring of dirt and diesel around the filler neck, now they do :unamused:

In the past I’ve lost all the usual things, bulbs and lenses, trailer handles, palm couplings, straps, ropes, oil cans, gloves, polish and rags, some tapes/CDs, boxes of tachos, pens etc, all a total PITA when you discover them missing :unamused:

:grimacing: :grimacing: philburgs …aka… Cpt chubbs wifes knickers :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: she always leaves them behind ,sssssssssh chubbs wouldnt have taken em from mi cab :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

ive been lucky up til now that ive not had anything go missing but my dad had his bag stolen out of his truck which had all his stuff in including his licence,he had only got out for 2 mins to ask this security guy if he was at the right place and some thieving scroat was in and out with it in seconds,this was in leicester but the sad truth is lock it or lose it no matter how short the time is that you are out the cab for… :neutral_face:

globby 480:
:mrgreen: :grimacing: philburgs …aka… Cpt chubbs wifes knickers :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: she always leaves them behind ,sssssssssh chubbs wouldnt have taken em from mi cab :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Wouldn’t take owt from your cab old pal until we need a new easy sheet for the tipper. We could then cut down a pair of your shreddies :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Please translate the last part of your quote into English as Mrs Chubbs thinks your on something :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

philberg182:

globby 480:
:mrgreen: :grimacing: philburgs …aka… Cpt chubbs wifes knickers :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: she always leaves them behind ,sssssssssh chubbs wouldnt have taken em from mi cab :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Wouldn’t take owt from your cab old pal until we need a new easy sheet for the tipper. We could then cut down a pair of your shreddies :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Please translate the last part of your quote into English as Mrs Chubbs thinks your on something :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

I am on the crack pipe at the mo :wink: do you wanna toot on it,

The most bizzare thing was the metal spring from the inside of a pen.

The voltage dropper off my cb!

Ive only had a map go missing but someone had the toilet roll holder off the wall in the toilet at work oh and the battery clamps off the jump leads but left the lead bit?!

MADBAZ:
…£50 for a new padlock…

You serious? Was it a solid gold, diamond encrusted padlock?