Thieving MPs at it again

telegraph.co.uk/news/newstop … al.html?fb

They know no shame,none at all.

Just more examples of snouts in the trough. It`s a parliamentary institution, and so deeply entrenched that they see it as a rightful (covert) part of their pay structure (which is scheduled for a further boost in excess of £7,500 after the 2015 election anyway).

“Culture” secretary Maria Millers exposure graphically illustrates how this blatantly criminal, fraudulent behaviour is viewed as completely acceptable by her fellow thieves. Her "mistakes" are being replicated by hundreds of MPs as I type this, so its little wonder that they all rally round so righteously to protect one of their own. Theyre all on the same gravy train.

Remember this when you are next cajoled to put your “democratic” X in the little box provided exclusively for you.

Was it £6,500 she basically nicked?? People do that and do a stretch for it, I don’t get how she can say sorry and thinks it’s enough, what makes this case any different??

It’s tax payers money and these MP’s just see it as a pot of cash they can dip into for whatever they like

Been on the news all week bailiffs harassing folk threatening them. Pity they can’t knock the MP’s doors for all the money they owe :imp: :imp:

What the hell are you on about “at it again”? The date on that “News” item was three years ago…

The date of that article is 11th April 2011

Why have you posted that link?

edit: Beat me Roymondo :wink:

Roymondo:
What the hell are you on about “at it again”? The date on that “News” item was three years ago…

Perhaps the OP meant to post this link
telegraph.co.uk/news/politic … ister.html

But you’re right, it’s hardly a new story.
Saying that, she is the perfect culture secretary because she’s performing precisely to the culture of MP’s.

Yep a 32 second apology in the house of commons and all is well, bunch of tossers, you misplace over six grand in vat and they will chuck you in chokey without any second thought.
Cases like this will keep coming up as these people invent more ways to hide these perks from us.

selby newcomer:
Was it £6,500 she basically nicked?? People do that and do a stretch for it, I don’t get how she can say sorry and thinks it’s enough, what makes this case any different??

It’s tax payers money and these MP’s just see it as a pot of cash they can dip into for whatever they like

Seems to centre around a £90,718 claim for mortgage interest and upkeep on her “second home” which she had declared as empty for 19 weeks of the year, but was in fact lived in full-time by her parents. This is in flagrant breach of the rules. Kathryn Hudson, the parliamentary commissioner for standards, subsequently ruled in her report that Miller had overclaimed by £44,000. Next into the fray come the separate cross-party parliamentary standards committee, which “adjudicated” the report by judging that she should repay just £5,600 whilst clearing her of intentional wrongdoing and ordering her to apologise for her bolshy attitude and wilful non-cooperation during the investigation against her.
What famously followed this week was her monotone, utterly forced and insincere 30 second dismissive “apology” in the house. She might just as well have stuck two fingers up and said “I am smugly unrepentant, and I have the full backing of everyone in my party, so b****cks to the lot of you”.

Surprise, surprise - Cameron and his yes men are presently trying to dismiss the whole thing as something of no importance or public concern.

Gotta go for a cold shower now, as my blood is starting to boil…

Got my figures from the Guardian, but they differ slightly in the Telegraph. More or less the same, though.

Sky News are reporting that all and sundry are demanding her resignation. No doubt she’ll get a job as an “advisor” for a banking institution, with a bonus to match.

another case of "do as I say not as I do " , as has been pointed out had it been joe public he/she would have been hauled before the courts . :angry:

It amuses me the way these ■■■■■■ MPs refer to each other as right honourable :unamused: , they are anything but honourable, if they had any honour at all they would resign when rumbled as being nothing more than thieves.
Since when did an apology cancel out a crime exactly :open_mouth: . If I stole x no of pounds from any of you, was discovered and said sorry would that be the end of it? I reckon not, one rule for those bunch of dishonest false, self centred overpaid pieces of ■■■■, and another rule for the rest of us :smiling_imp:
As Billy Connolly once said, don’t vote for the ■■■■■■■■■■ it only encourages them.

Well, the thieving scrote Maria Miller has reluctantly resigned today. Bet the Mirror journos (and others, of course) are turning cartwheels! No doubt she will be re-shuffled to some other obscure post that grants her continued access to the public money pot. Hopefully, the media will keep the pressure on, and scrutinize every move she makes from hereon in. I wonder which of the 650 will be next to fall from grace? Anyones guess, really.

Of 635 members of parliament , 29 accused of spouse abuse
7have been arrested for fraud
9 accused of writing bad cheques
17 have bankrupted 2or more businesses
3 have done time for assault
71 cannot get a credit card
14 have been arrested on drug related charges
8 have been arrested for shoplifting
21 are currently defendants in lawsuits
84 have been arrested for drink driving this year
These are the people running our country , and their expenses for the year added up to £ 92,993,748

rigsby:
These are the people running our country , and their expenses for the year added up to £ 92,993,748

Is that fact?

rigsby:

If those figures are true, that is disgusting!

Although I don’t know what relevance of ours it is that 71 can’t get a credit card.

it’s in the public domain and i believe was originally published in a national newspaper . i reckon it is probably only the tip of the iceberg .

should people unable to get a credit card through a poor credit rating really be trusted to run the institutions and finances of this country ■■

Politicians are the new estate agents.