Thick lorry drivers

Numerous times a day all over the UK some Muppet hits a railway bridge with an over height trailer, why does this happen, is it his mate in the yard that says " If you go steady at a low speed , you can squeeze under it with no problems, or I go under several times a day and get under it "
Companies are liable for fines in the thousands of pounds per hour for engineers to inspection to make safe and lost revenue for train operators .

And in other news, water is wet.

Sorry I thought it was going to be a list of names, I only looked in to check for my own name. :laughing:

You have answered your own question with your title Toby. There seem to be plenty around these days. :smiley:

Sizeist.

Imo you can’t beat a good chicken dinner,although it has to be a real chicken not one of these preformed crap…spoils a good dinner.
Haha can’t believe what Geoff said though about coconuts,as if that would happen…loads of trees in Austria but I don’t hear them complaining.
Loads of people reckon toast is best but I’d personally go with elephants,can never be too sure where Alberts involved you’d do well to keep a eye on him because speedboats drink orange sherbets goalposts.

Chris.

live in Grantham Toby and it’s a every day occurrence , we had a car wrote off when the a truck couldn’t get under a bridge , my mrs could get out the way as cars qued behind , he just came back with people screaming at him too stop , shoved car up road , frightened my girl to death as she thought truck was comming over the top of the car , hit wall down turning , hit sign , coppers sent him off towards Spalding as they just wanted him out the way , got a letter months later from cops saying they weren’t procceeding with procesecution due too lack of evidence :unamused: :unamused: ( I didn’t want him done but Ffs lack of evidence ,our car wrecked , cars damaged behind as they’d collided trying. To get out the way , coppers present ,witnesses , wall knocked down , sign knocked down etc etc , what’s the deterrent :exclamation:

11foot8.com/

toby1234abc:
Numerous times a day all over the UK some Muppet hits a railway bridge with an over height trailer, why does this happen, is it his mate in the yard that says " If you go steady at a low speed , you can squeeze under it with no problems, or I go under several times a day and get under it "
Companies are liable for fines in the thousands of pounds per hour for engineers to inspection to make safe and lost revenue for train operators .

Not always the Thick Muppet Drivers fault
A good few years ago i had an incident with a bridge,the bridge height stated was ample for me to get through,problem was the road on the other side climbed.
If I had a rigid or a much shorter trailer,no problem but do to my trailer length about 6ft of the back end did not get through.
After investigation by the powers that be,I was let off,as the signs where wrong.

toby1234abc:

Havn’t you got a Jumbo jet to fly somewhere, brylcreem boy, instead of posting pish on here

the cross we all have to bear…one mans myopic plobbing waffling posts are another mans pish… :slight_smile:

Ahem. Someone I know spent 3 hours in Brum waiting for a fix to the warning which prevented his vehicle from starting last week. Shutting the door was the fix.

Snudger:
Ahem. Someone I know spent 3 hours in Brum waiting for a fix to the warning which prevented his vehicle from starting last week. Shutting the door was the fix.

If that’s the situation with modern lorries, best send it back to the maker with a label stating ‘‘unfit to do a days work’’ attached.
Next they won’t start unless the nanny seat belt is closed or some other crap.

Our wagons are Volvo FM’s clown man (62/63 plates). A couple of weeks ago I was driving through Stockport and my indicators stopped working. Then I got some kind of message up on the dash. Phoned the office, and they sent Volvo support out.

Mechanic turned up an hour and a half later with a ’ snack pack jobbie ’ for me. He plugged in a scart lead, pressed a couple of buttons, and then turned the ignition on and off.

" All done drive ". Took him 2 minutes to reset an ECU. He reckons that model has…13 ECU’s!!!

Juddian:

Snudger:

If that’s the situation with modern lorries, best send it back to the maker with a label stating ‘‘unfit to do a days work’’ attached.
Next they won’t start unless the nanny seat belt is closed or some other crap.

I can honestly say I haven’t noticed that but I know now.

Ah Beaver, any probs with Vulvas, switch em off at the mains give em a couple mins and switch back on again, nine times outa ten they’ll be ok.

I wonder though if you had a standard half OBC2 decent code reader, one capable of turning car warning lights off, could you have done the same reset as the mech done?

Hmmnn. I reckon I could have J. I suspect the ’ over complicated electronic engineering ’ has it’s very own industry sustaining agenda.

You are bob on about switching it on and off though mate. Coming over Woodhead on Friday, I had a ’ Engine Warning ’ bleeper on the go.

Pulled into that lay-by just near the top, turned off for 2 mins, re-started her and had no problems for the rest of the day.

stuff like that reminds me of how oldschool I must be getting,id have switched it off,then checked the oil and water…but who would think to do that nowadays… :unamused:

Check oil and water?
That involves tipping the cab now. If the electrons little legs are running out of radioactivity you can`t trust the dash display can you? No dip under the front grill now.