They never learn...................

echo-news.co.uk/news/1514791 … ntroduced/

You only have to look out your cab window to know they haven’t! :unamused:

Anyone with dash cam footage of drivers using phones at the wheel can send it to driving.complaints@essex.pnn.police.uk

Translates as “Fancy being a busybody and getting a feeling of authority and self importance? Well do our job for us and you too can go home and ■■■■■■■■■■ after sending in footage to us”

Whats that about sending in dash cam footage?

Radar19:
Whats that about sending in dash cam footage?

It’s everyone getting together, and sending plod the footage of Miss Bell speeding! :smiley:

Oh, and another step towards ‘Big Brother’… :cry:

Casualty reduction manager?

mr.happy 12:34pm Fri 10 Mar 17
Keep up the good work officers. My dashcam is going to be working overtime now.

A new recruit.

These are Stasi tactics, turning the population into spies “for the cause”.

And if anybody tells me they have nothing to hide, I’ll tell them why they’re wrong.

They have also been busy on the M180 M18 and M62 yesterday, had them along side me having a nosey, as I was having a ■■■ and just putting headphones in to answer the phone hands free, wearing a dark top the passenger visually asked me to show I was wearing my seat belt showed him got a thumbs up then they went off to the next truck followed by a traffic car to pull the victims/mugs.

Captain Caveman 76:

And if anybody tells me they have nothing to hide, I’ll tell them why they’re wrong.

Oh calm down ffs…

Here, browse these and wait for the “others” to send your next instructions…

amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_no … trial+foil

Oh and FYI, I’m not wrong, it’s the internet and therefore I am always right, as of course are you, got to go, there’s a big lizard chap at the door with a new microchip for me…

Mr Pipe urged drivers to keep their phones out of sight while driving to reduce the risk of crashes.

I do keep them out of sight… When I see anything approaching at eye level behind me :smiley:

This could be done a lot cheaper than running a truck up and down the motorways. Maybe Mr pipe the ‘‘casualty reduction manager’’ :unamused: could be given a pogo stick instead…

AndrewG:
This could be done a lot cheaper than running a truck up and down the motorways. Maybe Mr pipe the ‘‘casualty reduction manager’’ :unamused: could be given a pogo stick instead…

Its most likely cheaper than you think. The trucks are loaned to them by the dealer and the fuel can be claimed back cos police. Quite a few forces have at least one truck on their fleets to tackle us nasty truckers.

Captain Caveman 76:

How do know Im wrong if I say Ive nowt to hide? Have you been spying on me?

Franglais:

Captain Caveman 76:

well you appear to be ok for most lf last week,but you were definately up to something when you went into the bathroom and locked the door after you,and we dont think it was due to you only having a shower…and what was in the extra black bag when you took out your bins 3 weeks ago last tues?.. :confused:

So if I could have prevented this tragedy by grassing this driver up beforehand I’d be an ■■■■■■■■ according to some here?

youtube.com/watch?v=hRtC23lBrOs

weeto:
They have also been busy on the M180 M18 and M62 yesterday, had them along side me having a nosey, as I was having a ■■■ and just putting headphones in to answer the phone hands free, wearing a dark top the passenger visually asked me to show I was wearing my seat belt showed him got a thumbs up then they went off to the next truck followed by a traffic car to pull the victims/mugs.

Should of completely ignored him,the are out “making the roads safe” yet they are happy to distract you whilst driving :unamused:

Franglais:

Captain Caveman 76:

The simple fact is, civil rights in this country are being slowly eroded.

Remember the “snoopers charter”? Legislation that allows the authorities to monitor someone’s Internet use. Supposedly a valuable tool to prevent terrorism. How strange then that after its introduction the government then starts it’s “do it right” campaign which tracks people who download/stream films/TV illegally.

The right to remain silent, enshrined in British law to prevent someone from incriminating themselves has been removed from three instances. 1) it is illegal to not unlock an electronic device when instructed 2) it is illegal to not identify the driver (or incriminate yourself) in the case of motoring offences 3) it is illegal to not identify yourself and your address to an officer of the law if they suspect you of criminal activity.

Remember the 80 odd year old who was arrested and held using anti terror legislation for heckling Tony Blair?

The proliferation of cctv and population monitoring is used on the assumption of guilt until proven otherwise. Why else would it be used.

Now we all know the polices response to calls on so called minor offences, so why then are they spending all these resources on catching offenders whose primary punishment is a fine?

The priorities of the authorities are, in the main, not the same as the priorities of the population. Take the recent tax hike for self employed, implemented whilst big corporations legally avoid six and seven figure tax bills.

You ARE guilty of something, and if you’re not, the rules will change so you are.

For example, eating whilst driving is NOT an offence. You may however be charged with “not being in control of a vehicle”. At the officers discretion of course.

You cannot have an organisation who make the rules, enforce the rules, punish rulebreakers and benefit from catching these rulebreakers. Unless of course that organisation is VOSA.

This isn’t a tinfoil hat wearers rant, just my observation of how this country is becoming an Orwellian dystopia, and encouraging the population to act as informants is just the next step. What next? Spying on our rubbish and fining people who don’t recycle properly? Oh, hang on… dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scott … le-5303230

That’s torn it, you’ll have awakened the beast! :laughing:

Evil8Beezle:
That’s torn it, you’ll have awakened the beast! :laughing:

RWAAARRRR!!!