They do it on the UK forum .... weekly travels?

Where have we all been this week ?
As usual my travels get rather monotonous as I don’t travel the country anymore but you Canadian based geezers will have more interesting tales. As for me this week it wasn’t just Ben & Jerry’s :laughing:
Monday nipped down to Albany for a service which took 2.5 hours with 3 guys working on it, down to NYC and hook to a loaded tanker for Ben & Jerry’s and come home for 14 hours. Tuesday run up to St Albans VT and deliver the load then empty to NYC. Wednesday load and deliver Ocean Spray in Bordentown NJ, then empty to Baltimore, via North East Flying J for food, shower and fuel, reload for Scranton PA and run north, got as far as the TA near Hershey PA and stopped for the night. Thursday deliver Scranton then empty to NYC via TA Columbia for yet again food, shower and fuel, Friday load and deliver Bordentown again, back to NYC empty, hook to a loaded Ben & Jerry’ for Monday and come home via Blue beacon for a much needed wash down.
Now I know you flat bed and reefer guys up in the frozen north can do better.

Left home in Woodstock, NB on sunday evening and jogged down to Saint John, NB ready to tip monday morning. Once empty I nipped down the road to Pennfield and picked up a load of kelp meal (sea weed) for Crittenden, KY. Tipped there Wednesday afternoon and then reloaded 115 miles down the road in Fairland, Indiana with 19 pallets of aluminium coils going to Amherst, Nova Scotia. I took that as far as our yard where I arrived at 5pm friday afternoon. An easy 5 and a bit days and 5000km. Off out again on Sunday for Portland, PA for monday morning, then reloading near Syracuse, NY for NB and NS so only a short trip to start the week off.

Well my first breakdown of the week was summit South Dakota then a couple of days in freightliner Fort Worth Texas. Apparently the parts needed are not avaluble in the whole of North America despite how many thousands if Detroit powered trucks must be in the road.

I was thinking we should start a separate thread for you Kev … ‘What places did you breakdown in this week ?’ :laughing:

Chris arbon has wrote his book about life in the road over here. I’m going to write one about my travels round garages an hotels in hick towns.

robinhood_1984:
Off out again on Sunday for Portland, PA for monday morning, then reloading near Syracuse, NY for NB and NS so only a short trip to start the week off.

We are gonna nearly touch mirrors Monday mate :astonished:
I tip Ben & Jerry’s then run to NYC, take 10 off and be in Wilkes Barre PA by 9.00pm monday, should pass Portland about 7.30pm on I-80. The TA at Columbia has good showers and food compared to most.
If you are loading Syracuse you will be heading up 380 to Scranton I assume.

Pat Hasler:
We are gonna nearly touch mirrors Monday mate :astonished:
I tip Ben & Jerry’s then run to NYC, take 10 off and be in Wilkes Barre PA by 9.00pm monday, should pass Portland about 7.30pm on I-80. The TA at Columbia has good showers and food compared to most.
If you are loading Syracuse you will be heading up 380 to Scranton I assume.

I have to be at the place in Portland for 7am which means getting there the night before and parking at the place as having 10 off anywhere else would get me there late and its quite a prolonged unload as its all loose blocks of scrap plastic that take ages to move. I’m normally empty there by about mid day and then like you say, up the 380 to Scranton and then up to Syracuse on the 81.
I’m sure that during my time at Donnelly Farms and Sunbury we’ll have crossed paths many times without realising. My current job takes me all over the place but I’m often going down the 84 to Scranton before picking up 81 south for destinations galore.

Edmonton and Winnipeg , now enjoying my 4th day off .Back out tomorrow with 4 other trucks running to some remote oil site in N Dakota .

I had a nice easy week, left on Tuesday for a run to Calgary AB, then went back to Medicine Hat AB to load, got that on and ran it Lethbridge AB where I swapped trailers for a run to Vancouver BC, got there Friday afternoon, dropped my trailer then went around the corner to pick up a loaded one going to Winnipeg MB, made it back as far as Kamloops BC and had a nice easy two days to get home, then the FUF ([zb] up fairy) visited :cry:

Kevin (Alan Partridge) has only been in my lorry once, yet his jinx struck me last weekend, my new (6month old) compressor took a dump on me as I was at the top of the Roger’s Pass, I managed to bodge it so that I could get to civilisation and made it as far as Golden BC. I phoned a garage who said they couldn’t look at it until Monday, so off I went to a hotel for the weekend :cry:

Monday came, they took the old compressor off and ordered a new one and it was 5pm on Tuesday before i got going again. My trailer for Winnipeg had been taken to Calgary AB by one of Frito Lays trucks, he would swap with one of ours who would carry on to Winnipeg with it and he had left me his empty, so I dropped that in Calgary AB and went down to Lethbridge AB with an empty reefer that needed washing out, I did that and gave 361 a quick rinse too as it was minging :cry:

I sat in Lethbridge AB for a day and waited for one of our O/Os to come up from my old haunt of SoCal with a trailer going to Edmonton AB, I left on Thursday morning, tipped in Edmonton AB, went back to Lethbridge AB, swapped the reefer for a van and then went to Medicine Hat AB to load on Friday morning for the yard, got back late Friday night after 11 days out and just over 5,000kms covered, which for me is a ■■■■ poor show :cry:

The layover pay we get will compensate for the lost miles, but I lost a couple of day’s at home, which I’ll never get back :cry:

Living the dream :laughing:

Top of Roger’s Pass before I lifted the hood to see Kevin’s influence :laughing:

Golden BC, my home for the weekend :cry:

Rolling again with my Frito Lay trailer :sunglasses:

After the wash, she’s a little bit cleaner…from a distance :sunglasses:

On the way home at last :wink:

Nice picky’s Mark.

NMM ,had McNally on the phone earlier ,seems I’m on locals tomorrow then running with him to the patch in ND , could be a hoot :laughing:

Well i’m certainly not going to write what i do in a week cos’ you’d all laugh and call me a ‘trolly’ driver :open_mouth:

Oh wait, i AM a trolly driver :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :laughing:

remy:
Well i’m certainly not going to write what i do in a week cos’ you’d all laugh and call me a ‘trolly’ driver :open_mouth:

Oh wait, i AM a trolly driver :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :laughing:

Yep ! just a Tesco run around man :laughing:

flat to the mat:
NMM ,had McNally on the phone earlier ,seems I’m on locals tomorrow then running with him to the patch in ND , could be a hoot :laughing:

Say hello from Me to Him please chap, John Cooper & enjoy ND :open_mouth:

I loaded steel from Selkirk Manitoba Monday tipped Bucyrus Ohio & then empty to Owen Sound Ontario loaded a mining machine & I’m home now about to meet KR79 & Newmercman in Ye OLde Franz bar in Steinbach MB when I get My ■■■ in the shower, I would love to post pictures but its a PITA…

fly sheet:
I loaded steel from Selkirk Manitoba Monday tipped Bucyrus Ohio & then empty to Owen Sound Ontario loaded a mining machine & I’m home now about to meet KR79 & Newmercman in Ye OLde Franz bar in Steinbach MB when I get My ■■■ in the shower, I would love to post pictures but its a PITA…

Loaded right next to our plant there . Driving partner called and said the truck has “torque percent issues” showing in the codes so looks like I might be taking a leaf out of Kev’s book unless I manage to get a rental :unamused: Freakin junk :exclamation:

I drove aroond and aroond Cranbrook BC, up the moontain and doon moontain and aroond and aroond the moontain then back to Cranbrook again with a full load of concrete blocks and a huge sign on the back saying ‘STUDENT DRIVER’… :blush: :blush:

Friday, Saturday and Sunday i’m doing my 16 hour ICBC Airbrakes course and brake adjustment cert ($200 all in) at the Rocky Mountain Pro Drivers School

http://www.rockymtnprodrivers.com/Pro_Drivers_Air_Brakes_Schedule.html

which was a fantastic refresher in itself… and my ICBC Brake Test is this Monday…

‘Rocky’ teaches colonic irrigation for Truckers… :open_mouth:

contractdriver:
I drove aroond and aroond Cranbrook BC, up the moontain and doon moontain and aroond and aroond the moontain then back to Cranbrook again with a full load of concrete blocks and a huge sign on the back saying ‘STUDENT DRIVER’… :blush: :blush:

Friday, Saturday and Sunday i’m doing my 16 hour ICBC Airbrakes course and brake adjustment cert ($200 all in) at the Rocky Mountain Pro Drivers School

which was a fantastic refresher in itself… and my ICBC Brake Test is this Monday…

Now that would be a interesting CPC course for us in blighty :stuck_out_tongue:

MADBAZ:

contractdriver:

Now that would be a interesting CPC course for us in blighty :stuck_out_tongue:

Except most Brits probably couldn’t pass it :smiley:

Nice big pictures Mark, look much better here than on FB.