They do it on the UK forum .... weekly travels?

fly sheet:

flat to the mat:
NMM ,had McNally on the phone earlier ,seems I’m on locals tomorrow then running with him to the patch in ND , could be a hoot :laughing:

Say hello from Me to Him please chap, John Cooper & enjoy ND :open_mouth:

Did as requested Mr Sheet , he sends his greetings and is enjoying the job ,best he’s ever had apparently .Back down there tomorrow with yer man and 4 a n others .

Excellent Photos NMM :smiley:

When i was about 10 years old i wanted to be a ‘rocket scientist’… then some idiot bought me a massive Peterbilt model which i painstakingly glued and built to perfection, painted it a very, very, very dark coppery brown… then decided it was too perfect and decided to ‘spatter’ and ‘grubby’ it up with beige primer… to give it that ‘used’ look and it looked exactly like your own truck… looking at your pics took me back to that time… :grimacing:

Hard work this oil field stuff LOL . Did one run into North Dakota and unloaded within a couple of hours of waiting , then back to reload in SK , yesterday the job went on hold so sat around on standby until 9pm last night when it was postponed for a week and as all of my other usual jobs have been covered by other depots that’s my weeks work finished . Back in Monday morning :smiley:

Really crappy week this time :frowning:
Started Sunday night because one of our O/O’s said I needed to be at Ben & Jerry’s to offload his trailer, totally screwed then messed about as mentioned earlier.
Tuesday morning arrive NYC and preload a couple of trailers.
Wednesday Load and deliver Topps in Scranton PA and return to NYC to preload a trailer.
Thursday preload a trailer then run down to Bordentown NJ, then back to NYC.
Friday preload 4 damm trailers and then pick up the first one I loaded and bring it home for a Sunday night delivery.

No breakdowns this week but was in a different truck. Tipped a trailer in winnipeg them up,to sasskatoon with another trailer tipped that then reloaded in duck lake about 50 miles north of sasskatoon tipped that in portage. Off to Texas tomorrow to pick the freight shaker up

5885 km. Niverville-Eagle Pass-Lufkin-Niverville. Seven days.

ChrisArbon:
5885 km. Niverville-Eagle Pass-Lufkin-Niverville. Seven days.

Nice variation in temps LOL

I very nearly had a meal with Chunk but he was too scared to get out of his cab :frowning:
Only joking :smiley: He was parked in Hunts Point (Bronx) not a safe place, so he stayed attatched to his trailer and I gave him directions to his next stop which is a regular stop for me.

This week I left the yard Sunday, tipped Calgary Monday am, camped out for the day, then reloaded for an overnight to Saskatoon, never made it as I got caught up in a blizzard and couldn’t see SFA, ended up driving along in second gear using the rumble strip to know I was still on the road, a couple of times I wasn’t, but luckily there was no deep stuff at the side of the road thanks to the mental winds and the ground was nice and solid as it was -38c, so I managed to make to a safe place to stop and stayed there until it calmed down. Was too late to tip by the time I got going, so Tuesday afternoon I parked in the J at S’toon and tipped Wednesday morning.

Went from ther to indian Head and switched trailers for another Calgary for Thursday am, poxy place was far too small for a big truck and there was stuff littered all around the yard, rollonoff bins and such, told the bloke (who looked right miserable, but was really a good bloke) that I’d do my best to get it on the bay and hit it first time, dead straight too :sunglasses: Wouldn’t be able to do it again in a month of Sundays though :laughing:

From there I went around the corner and swapped the empty for a loaded one going to Vancouver, got as far as the Roger’s Pass summit and the road was shut because they were firing artillery shells at the mountain to cause an avalanche, that’s a first for me, never been held up by an avalanche before :sunglasses:

They lined us all up in about six rows, then when it was all sorted they let the right lane (who got there first) go and then then next and so on, except our brothers who wear the wraparound stetsons in the left lanes all started going for it when they saw trucks moving and it was like the wacky races, three abreast going down the hill, until the one at the front realised that it was snowing like a ■■■■■■■ and panicked, we then did 50km/h for a while with much silly overtaking and general madness for an hour or so, I just held my ground and waited for them all to peel off in the truckstops and then got on with it, got as far as the Coquihalla Pass and called it a day.

Ran into Vancouver Friday am, dropped my trailer, hooked an empty and loaded around the corner for Edmonton, where I am now, met up with (can’t remember his name on here) for a coffee at Hinton on the way through. Tomorrow morning (Sunday) I’m swapping trailers and going back to Vancouver. Not really a big fan of being out so long, but you got to make hay while the sun shines and previous experience of February tells me there won’t be many sunny days, so I’m getting the miles in while I can :wink:

FFS i was only 2 miles from the J in Toon town, went up with the wrecker to tow one of ours back on tuesday!

newmercman:
This week I left the yard Sunday, tipped Calgary Monday am, camped out for the day, then reloaded for an overnight to Saskatoon, never made it as I got caught up in a blizzard and couldn’t see SFA, ended up driving along in second gear using the rumble strip to know I was still on the road, a couple of times I wasn’t, but luckily there was no deep stuff at the side of the road thanks to the mental winds and the ground was nice and solid as it was -38c, so I managed to make to a safe place to stop and stayed there until it calmed down. Was too late to tip by the time I got going, so Tuesday afternoon I parked in the J at S’toon and tipped Wednesday morning.

Went from ther to indian Head and switched trailers for another Calgary for Thursday am, poxy place was far too small for a big truck and there was stuff littered all around the yard, rollonoff bins and such, told the bloke (who looked right miserable, but was really a good bloke) that I’d do my best to get it on the bay and hit it first time, dead straight too :sunglasses: Wouldn’t be able to do it again in a month of Sundays though :laughing:

From there I went around the corner and swapped the empty for a loaded one going to Vancouver, got as far as the Roger’s Pass summit and the road was shut because they were firing artillery shells at the mountain to cause an avalanche, that’s a first for me, never been held up by an avalanche before :sunglasses:

They lined us all up in about six rows, then when it was all sorted they let the right lane (who got there first) go and then then next and so on, except our brothers who wear the wraparound stetsons in the left lanes all started going for it when they saw trucks moving and it was like the wacky races, three abreast going down the hill, until the one at the front realised that it was snowing like a [zb] and panicked, we then did 50km/h for a while with much silly overtaking and general madness for an hour or so, I just held my ground and waited for them all to peel off in the truckstops and then got on with it, got as far as the Coquihalla Pass and called it a day.

Ran into Vancouver Friday am, dropped my trailer, hooked an empty and loaded around the corner for Edmonton, where I am now, met up with (can’t remember his name on here) for a coffee at Hinton on the way through. Tomorrow morning (Sunday) I’m swapping trailers and going back to Vancouver. Not really a big fan of being out so long, but you got to make hay while the sun shines and previous experience of February tells me there won’t be many sunny days, so I’m getting the miles in while I can :wink:

STEVE OWEN:
FFS i was only 2 miles from the J in Toon town, went up with the wrecker to tow one of ours back on tuesday!

I was facing the fuel islands Steve, you would’ve seen the truck if we were there at the same time I’m sure, I rolled in around 4pm :wink:

Got called back early as my driving partner has man flu .Have done three drops in Saskatoon today ,reloaded in Regina ,a local delivery where I got stuck trying to back out resulting in manual labor with the shovel and plenty of kitty litter .Now home for the Superbowl then Toontown for three more drops tomorrow ,after that is anyones guess :sunglasses:

Well after a journey to Texas to pick the freight shaker up I’m loading in Fort Worth in the morning for Calgary

Delivered Ben and Jerry’s in St Albans at 23.00 last night then came home again so did 6 hours total called in just now and am expected to be in NYC by 4 pm to reload for Methuen MA, can’t make that pick up so I have no idea what they plan ?

Well, It was back to Ben & Jerry’s in full last week, we had been getting half the weeks supplt from CSC sugar which frankly stinks and is a brown colour and we stopped delivering the good stuff to the original plant and tourist site in Waterbury VT for 2 years. Now after a lot of complaints from B & J quality control, Domino seem to be supplying the lot, so Sunday night, Tuesday morning, Wednesday night was all the same to me and now here I sit waiting to load for Sunday night again, it does mean I have actually visited my house every day this week.

Ran down to The Rock, GA at the end of last week for a sunday 5pm tip but got it off just after midday. Then headed across to Jacksonville, FL for what was supposed to be a 9am Monday morning load. However the truckstop near Jacksonville was full so I made tracks to park in the customers yard as I’d already google earth/street viewed the place and it had no gate. Upon arrival I found them to be working so got loaded by 10pm sunday night and ran north up the 95 to Brunswick, GA to meet up with a mate of mine who loaded the day before in Florida for Montreal and was on his reset. The next day we ran north together, finally splitting up on Tuesday evening and I got home Wednesday afternoon. Thursday afternoon (today) I set off again with my FL load bound for Halifax, Nova Scotia and I’m currently parked up just outside Halifax, ready to tip in the morning (hopefully) though its not booked in until 2pm so we’ll see. Then the plan is to re-load down here in NS, back to the yard and the weekend off.

Trip to Tyler, Texas, reload back to Niverville from Longview, Texas. And a photo of some flying eagles.

Managed 3700km’s this week and never left the Province , is this classed as short haul ? :laughing:

Loaded Fort Worth tipped calgary reloaded innisfall for winnipeg

I managed to get one preload at 06.00 today, then load my own and run home before the worst of the snow hits, I left it hooked up at a truck stop 10 miles away and the missus came and picked me up instead of me dropping the trailer and bobtailing to my house, I figured with the snow we expect I would never manage to hook back up again when it comes to delivering.