These day shift drivers are a different breed

Yuk

Perfect for your can of Lilt isn’t it?

There’s always the dole if you don’t like it

Not just day drivers, you should see the sh that some trampers at my place live in. :open_mouth:
I’d feel guilty letting my dog sleep in some of their stinking cabs.

I just refuse to drive anything there below my own standards…which are pretty high tbh.

One or two men to the same truck permanently would sort most of that out and as a by product probably save £thousands in careless damages. But that’ll never happen because it would require planners to actually plan as opposed to feeding details into a computer and then peddling that out as a run.

peirre:

I’m going back tramping

drover:
Perfect for your can of Lilt isn’t it?

Think the can of lit would run away

robroy:
Not just day drivers, you should see the sh that some trampers at my place live in. :open_mouth:
I’d feel guilty letting my dog sleep in some of their stinking cabs.

I just refuse to drive anything there below my own standards…which are pretty high tbh.

I’ve seen it rob , I worked with one who never showered all week

the maoster:
One or two men to the same truck permanently would sort most of that out and as a by product probably save £thousands in careless damages. But that’ll never happen because it would require planners to actually plan as opposed to feeding details into a computer and then peddling that out as a run.

Yes your right , apparently there all being replaced by daf xg , s , double them up with the same drivers & then at least you can pin point who the dirty sods are

That hasn’t got like that over the course of one day shift.

Take it to Soapy Jo’s Dozy. £50 for a full valet, give the receipt to the company. It focused a few minds at our place when I did that on my first day back after a fortnight holiday.

Harry Monk:
That hasn’t got like that over the course of one day shift.

I know Harry , it’s got like that over a period of time , but that’s still no excuse , when I was on agency I used 5/6/7 yr old trampers trucks & most were spotless

the maoster:

Its alright but when I shared one truck with one driver,I always end up with the picky one who complains about the slightest thing,or leaves loads of air freshners in there.Or,decides to leave his pillow and blanket on the bunk because he thinks he is the main driver and the night driver is a guest.
Now in my place ,you get a truck with rubbish left in it,nobody cares

I like to keep my removal truck clean. As sleep in it often… it’s getting the pesky porters to keep the same mindset!

Day driver here. Had a few jobs where you share with the same man and it gets kept seriously clean but most jobs including this one currently you just clean the bits you touch and try not pick up a disease from it. No cleaning products provided and you’re lucky if you see the same truck over a fortnight. This is when a truck stops becoming a truck and starts becoming a tool. Last shift I was caked in 5th wheel grease from the lines and the truck smelt of old feet. Lost a good pair of gloves that day.

It’s not messy till you can’t see out the windows. :open_mouth:

The way to tell if you need clean socks is to throw them against the wall. If they stick, you need a clean pair, if they fall they are good to go another day.

the maoster:
Take it to Soapy Jo’s Dozy. £50 for a full valet, give the receipt to the company. It focused a few minds at our place when I did that on my first day back after a fortnight holiday.

Think even soapy joe might struggle with today’s bunk ( lorry ) , but your right that’s what we should be doing

A9C15B3C-5CBC-490C-9DBD-51717B457A8D.jpeg

dozy:

peirre:

I’m going back tramping

Less than 48hrs into the new job and the photos have already started to appear on TNUK

dozy:
Yuk

I’d easily keep a couple of apples in there for lunch later…