Theory Test Next Wednesday

The time has come for me to start aiming towards my Cat C, I have decided to take this test first and then when I pass (Fingers crossed) go straight in to my C+E.

Next wednesday (29th June) at 09.30 I will be taking my theory test and then at 10.30 my hazzard perception and finally at 13.00 my case studies test. I already have my HGV/LGV Provisional license which I sent off for about 2 weeks ago. Obviously I passed my medical or I wouldn’t have my provisional license. :laughing:

Hopefully on wednesday afternoon I will be contacting Avon Driver Training and booking my lessons and practical test.

Fingers crossed that next wednesday evening I’ll be updating this thread with “I Passed” :slight_smile:

I’m using this website to practice on and I must say its a very good website and I would recommend to anyone who’s wanting to pass there theory test/hazzard perception and case studies to use this site.

If anyone has any advice it would be gratefully received and put to good use. :wink:

Good luck with your theory test on wednessday :smiley:

bonnie lass:
Good luck with your theory test on wednessday :smiley:

Thank you bonnie, hopefully it will be Ok. The site above ‘DrivingTheory4All’ website has been a great asset and I have found it very easy to practice over the past few weeks, admittedly I haven’t practiced as much as I should have but now I have 6 days to learn the rest of what I have already learnt.

The website offers free realistic mock tests and the 3 times I have taken them I have passed each time. However I shall keep practicing because like they say “Practice, Practice, Practice and Practice some more” is the only way to achieve what I’m after. :slight_smile:

Good look mate :slight_smile:

Get the DSA theory disc, it hepled me big time

Scott M:
Good look mate :slight_smile:

Get the DSA theory disc, it hepled me big time

DSA Theory Disc…? I have the hazzard perception disc from DSA and a few books to that are all DSA approved.

Thanks Scott I appreciate it :wink:

Have a good read of the book called… Official DSA Theory test for Drivers Of Large Goods Vehicles, this is all i did and got 98 out of 100.

A lot of the questions on the test are common sense, 4 possible answers, just weed out the ones that are wrong and you will be fine.

I found the Hazard perception test a bit more tricky, passed it luckily :open_mouth: but wasn’t sure i would at the time, lots of posts about the HPT on here for you to read and get info from.

Good luck… anyway…you will be fine :sunglasses:

John.

driverjohn:
Have a good read of the book called… Official DSA Theory test for Drivers Of Large Goods Vehicles, this is all i did and got 98 out of 100.

A lot of the questions on the test are common sense, 4 possible answers, just weed out the ones that are wrong and you will be fine.

I found the Hazard perception test a bit more tricky, passed it luckily :open_mouth: but wasn’t sure i would at the time, lots of posts about the HPT on here for you to read and get info from.

Good luck… anyway…you will be fine :sunglasses:

John.

Thanks John,

I have that book already and use it constantly to reference sections I’m doubtful of, however the website I’ve been using is more or less an online version of that books and I find that it really is a fantastic learning tool.

http://www.drivingtheory4all.co.uk has a number of tests, it has a DSA approved theory test and all 1033 possible questions and there relative answers are on the website. Check it out in the link :wink:

It has a section for ‘hazzard perception’ and ‘road signs’ section plus a ‘show and tell’ section which has helped me a great deal.

I would honestly recommend to anyone to use this site, I know you have to pay to use it but you have to pay to purchase the books. It also has a progression meter and mock test section so you can do an actual DSA theory test mock test and it tells you if you passed or failed. :slight_smile:

From memory: Illegal immigrants are £2000 a head. All other fines are £5000. I never bothered to learn what they were for. :unamused:
If you meet me at an accident - give me a ciggie! Unlike all the poor souls who are the subjects of these questions. They must have their many injuries aggravated by withdrawal symptoms. :laughing:

I can remember quite a few years ago a good friend of mine was stopped by customs and excise and they found an immigrant hidden down by the rear axles of his tractor unit. This is going back about 12/14 years ago now. He was heavily fined for not checking his unit properly. However he has since passed away :frowning: and was only 45 years of age. 4 years older than myself :open_mouth:

I contacted Avon Driver Training just and they have fitted me in next thursday at 12.30 for a 1 hour assessment drive. I’m even nervous about that :confused:

driverjohn:
Have a good read of the book called… Official DSA Theory test for Drivers Of Large Goods Vehicles

Thats what i used, but i used the CD ROM version, was brilliant, has mock tests ect, very good, when you then go for your test after using this it’s just like the cd rom, every little bit is the same, you cant fail :wink:

play.com/PC/PCs/4-/20377352/ … fer=search

Only thing is a bit pricy at £25 but after you finish sell it on EBAY for £20.

brawngp:

driverjohn:
Have a good read of the book called… Official DSA Theory test for Drivers Of Large Goods Vehicles

Thats what i used, but i used the CD ROM version, was brilliant, has mock tests ect, very good, when you then go for your test after using this it’s just like the cd rom, every little bit is the same, you cant fail :wink:

play.com/PC/PCs/4-/20377352/ … fer=search

Only thing is a bit pricy at £25 but after you finish sell it on EBAY for £20.

Hi Brawn,

I purchased that book from Amazon with 5 other books and CD ROM starting with.

The OFFICIAL DSA Theory Test for Drivers of Large Vehicles
The OFFICIAL Highway Code 2007 Edition
The OFFICIAL DSA Hazzard Perception CD ROM
The OFFICIAL DSA Guide to Driving Goods Vehicles
Department for Transport - Know Your Traffic Signs Official Edition
The AA Pass Your Hazzard Perception CD ROM
Driver CPC Official DSA Guide for Professional Goods Vehicle Drivers

All highly recommended of course :slight_smile:

Best of luck mate next wed did it last month just be shure not to click to early on the hazards as no points if you do i used the three click methed and got through it so practical test next wed 10.15 am now i am nervous :open_mouth:

YAMBOL57:
Best of luck mate next wed did it last month just be shure not to click to early on the hazards as no points if you do i used the three click methed and got through it so practical test next wed 10.15 am now i am nervous :open_mouth:

What do you mean by the 3 click method…? Do you mean as soon as you see the hazzrd forming you click then click again and then one final click…?

Or am I wrong :smiley:

I have a quick question about my driving license.

I passed my medical and sent off for my provisional license for C+E entitlement, however I am looking at my license now and I cannot see anything different from before I sent it off.

What should the license say on it because I can’t see any catagory entitlements apart from the usual B,B1,fkp and on the back theres a code thats says 115 but I always thought that was your eye correction codes…?

I just hope the silly cow at DVLA has not sent me back a regular car license rather than an LGV provisional.

Wrams:

I passed my medical and sent off for my provisional license for C+E entitlement, however I am looking at my license now and I cannot see anything different from before I sent it off.

What should the license say on it because I can’t see any catagory entitlements apart from the usual B,B1,fkp and on the back theres a code thats says 115 but I always thought that was your eye correction codes…?

I just hope the silly cow at DVLA has not sent me back a regular car license rather than an LGV provisional.

You meen Cat C entitlement? once you pass Cat C you send licence off the they will automatically put C+E provisional entitlement on your licence.

Which part are you checking? on the paper counterpart of your licence under “Provisional entitlement” it should be listed under there “C” is it there?

brawngp:

Wrams:

You meen Cat C entitlement? once you pass Cat C you send licence off the they will automatically put C+E provisional entitlement on your licence.

Which part are you checking? on the paper counterpart of your licence under “Provisional entitlement” it should be listed under there “C” is it there?

I’ll check the counterpart but I thought they put the Cat C provisional entitlement on the photocard license as well…?

I’ll run up and check it now and let you know Ok :wink:

Right I checked my counterpart and I didn’t see the small section on the top left hand side. I have the following entitlements.

A,BE,C,C1,D,D1,G,H

I know A,BE,C,C1,D,D1 are bus and LGV and motorbike etc but what is G,H for…?

Ahh Road rollers and tracked vehicles :slight_smile:

Wrams:
Right I checked my counterpart and I didn’t see the small section on the top left hand side. I have the following entitlements.

A,BE,C,C1,D,D1,GH

I know C,C1,D,D1 are bus and LGV but what is GH for…?

G is Road rollers
H is Tracked vehicles.

brawngp:

Wrams:

A,BE,C,C1,D,D1,GH

I know C,C1,D,D1 are bus and LGV but what is GH for…?

G is Road rollers
H is Tracked vehicles.

I edited my previous post once I googled it :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks Brawn :wink:

Googled that 1 myself too mate so no worries :laughing:

Goodluck with the training anyhow :smiley: