Theory & hazard perception!

Well just passed these this morning, now awaiting a date for the 5 day course, will know on monday.

Anyway I have The Official DSA Guide to Hazard Perception DVD

it has now served its purpose so if any newby wants it free of charge thay are more than welcome.
Just Pm me with your address & i will send it on.

john

congratulations on the pass, did you do the cpc theory as well?

that’s a good thing of you to pass that on for free fair play to you and good luck with the driving.

Hi

Thanks,

Did not do the CPC theory, apparently I have “grand father” rights so have until 2014 to do the 35hrs so Im told.

john

Congratulations Mate

Well done

good luck with the rest

Jen x

Well done koikeeper on your passes, I bet you cant wait to start driver training - let us know how you get on :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

koikeeper:
Well just passed these this morning, now awaiting a date for the 5 day course, will know on monday.

it has now served its purpose so if any newby wants it free of charge thay are more than welcome.

john

Hi John,

:grimacing: CONGRATULATIONS on passing your “HPT” :smiley:
:smiley: :smiley: :grimacing: :smiley: :smiley: :grimacing: :smiley: :smiley:

I’ve put a link to your OP (above) in the ‘For Sale’ forum to allow your generous offer to be seen by a wider audience. :wink: :smiley:

Congratulations I have all this too come… :smiley:

koikeeper:

john

Hi john if you have still got it :-

A Boardman
147 Musgrave rd
Bolton
Lancashire
Bl1 4hw

Boardy,
yes I still have it,…it will be in the post 1st thing in the morning

john

koikeeper:
Boardy,
yes I still have it,…it will be in the post 1st thing in the morning

john

Thanks John

Andy

Its on its way andy, 1st thing this morning, , let me know on here when it has arrived

john

My first posting…

Passed my theory and hazard perception today too. 100% on the theory but only 67% on the hazard perception - got 3 zeros for inappropriate clicking! Was concerned about it as heard many experienced ( I passed the advanced car test and worked for the emergency services in the past) struggled with it - because they see the hazards too early for the program.

My advice - pretend you have never driven before and look just ahead instead of way ahead as I was taught.

W.

PilotWolf:
My first posting…

Passed my theory and hazard perception today too. 100% on the theory but only 67% on the hazard perception - got 3 zeros for inappropriate clicking! Was concerned about it as heard many experienced ( I passed the advanced car test and worked for the emergency services in the past) struggled with it - because they see the hazards too early for the program.

My advice - pretend you have never driven before and look just ahead instead of way ahead as I was taught.

W.

67% eh, that’s the bare minimum, count yourself lucky :smiley:

I passed both this morning too. 74 on the Hazard Perception and 89 on the Theory. Was sweating a bit, didn’t revise anywhere near enough. I got accused of cheating once, think I clicked too many times. I saw some advice on here recently to click every 4 seconds. Massive NO NO as the system detects clicking patterns. Hope people aren’t actually following this advice.

Yep I know!But a pass is a pass!

The problem is as an experienced driver you see the hazards (albeit potential) too soon and see things that are hazards to an experienced driver that the system doesn’t ‘see’, so when you click on the hazards they want you to see as well it looks like you’re clicking too much.

Anyway I start the driving tomorrow…

W.

It’s a joke really. I’ve been driving for 13 years crash free and don’t see why I needed to bother with it. In the space of 2 miles last week I had to do 2 emergency stops to a dead stop. One to avoid a bus that pulled out on me on an island and another to avoid a schoolgirl who ran and jumped (yeah, crazy) out from behind a truck underneath a bridge. My hazard perception is fine but today I ran the risk of some suit telling me I’m not safe to drive as I didn’t beat his computer game.

My girlfriend passed 2 years ago and totally aced her theory and hazard perception. Didn’t stop her crashing 3 times in the first 2 months.

koikeeper:
Its on its way andy, 1st thing this morning, , let me know on here when it has arrived

john

Hi John it arrived this morning,

thanks Andy

So another thought (I guess I should have asked the instructor today…) but if I decide to go on to C+E do I have to take another theory and hazard perception test?

Had a good first day driving - only real problem was figuring out when I could ‘go’ at roundabouts without upsetting (!) car drivers - most of whom weren’t indicating anyway :slight_smile:

W.

Thanks for the PM’er saying that I only need to d the practical side of the test.

W.

car drivers - most of whom weren’t indicating anyway

The times I’ve heard that one!!! Think about it; if there’s a vehicle coming from your right on the roundabout, you are meant to give way to it. If the vehicle is leaving the roundabout, it’s meant to signal left. If it’s not got a signal on, it’s saying it’s going straight on = = accross the front of you.

So logic says that a vehicle coming from your right on a roundabout with no signal is coming accross the front of you. What’s the problem?

I accept it’s very frustrating sometimes when they don’t signal and then leave at your exit and then you’ve lost a space. Hey, ho. That won’t bring on the end of the world!!

Good luck. Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I understand that - it was the one that were not signalling so I assume (I know makes an ■■■ [of] u {and] me!) they are going straight on, so I start to move and find that they’re actually going around the roundabout!

W.