Their having a laugh

KENT BASED, TO ITALY & GREECE Hours40-48 HOURS A WEEK OVER 6 DAYS FROM 7 ON ROTA INCL.WEEKENDS Wage£45 PER DAY (65 EUROS PER DAY)+ BONUS EmployerCroome International Transport Ltd

Frightening thing about it though, someone will apply for the job…!

:open_mouth: Thats not much lower than the money they pay round this way. :smiling_imp:
Is that + Night out money at something like £25 perchance ■■

Disgusting. I drove from Hull to Worcester and back and earned double that.

They’re a foreign firm though, aren’t they?
They will pay less if thats the case.

ianyng:
They’re a foreign firm though, aren’t they?
They will pay less if thats the case.

no ian, that’s the other side - totally separate, split 5/6 years back

the side you were thinking of will be paying 10-20% of that figure i
reckon - fine if you reside in kiev or kaunas of course! :unamused:

Its not as bad as what the German and Austrian drivers at Nikolaus Hammerer are on. Most people should know that name, they used to be bright yellow with megaspace actross’s but due to the nature of the company and what the drivers are pressured into doing, they changed to a less obvious red colour scheme because being bright yellow, they were easy to spot by the British police and they’re now all Austrian registered Stralis’s although it is a German company and surprisingly they’ve only got about 7 Poles and are in the process of getting rid of them all in favour of only Germans and Austrians. Anyhow, the drivers there do three weeks on and about 1 week off. During those three weeks, they have a weekly rest period of 24 hours wherever they are, which is unpaid and their week off is unpaid and then they take whatever truck is available back out to England again and if I remember correctly, they said they only earnt about £40 per day and for some insane reason, it was slightly less if they were double manning. Ofcourse I’m only stating what I was told by a bunch of their drivers recently, it may not be true but I wouldn’t be surprised considering the state of the German transport industry and the low wages and poor conditions that go side by side with competing with Polish firms who compete for the same work.

Employer - Croome International Transport Ltd

One of them delivered some timber into us in the week on a tilt.

Actros it was.