Sofia News Flash!

sofiaecho.com/article/trucki … 86/catid_5

:open_mouth: :unamused: :unamused:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

oh dear what a shame :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I have a very hard time believing Mr Dimitrov when he says Bulgarian drivers earn €1500-2000 per month. That would equal about £16,500 per year if they got €2000 per month. Theres plenty of jobs in Britain and Germany paying much less than that to their own drivers so Willi Betz’s Bulgarian drivers aren’t going to be on anything like that, unless anyone on here knows otherwise?

they earn good money and you can not compare there wages to those of a westeuropean why because the costs of liveing are not like those of western countrys. and robinhood_1984 depending what and where the tour takes them they will earn good money, by the way a friend of mine is only takeing home 1400€ a month and that is a german firm,and that is too bloody low
as you can not live on it with the high liveing costs.

When we’re talking that sort of money ofcourse I can compere the wages. Given that the cost of living in Bulgaria is vastly lower than in Germany, and this bloke is claiming the Bulgarian drivers are on more money than a lot of German drivers, not more in relation to cost of living, but more money full stop, then it can be compared. I still don’t believe they get anything like €2000 p/m in reality.

you are not considering the situation which is at present in GERMANY some
the bosses do not wish to pay good wages any more i know of people who are working for 1000€ a month doing international,why because if they do not except the work the labour office stops the social money,
against this is also that not all firms are doing this because they have had the answer to these low wages hitting them in the pocket,as the workers have answered by not doing the work with 100% enthusiasm,
Again not all the firms pay low wages but those that do seem all ways to be in the news for some reason or other ,

brit pete:
you are not considering the situation which is at present in GERMANY some
the bosses do not wish to pay good wages any more i know of people who are working for 1000€ a month doing international,why because if they do not except the work the labour office stops the social money,
against this is also that not all firms are doing this because they have had the answer to these low wages hitting them in the pocket,as the workers have answered by not doing the work with 100% enthusiasm,
Again not all the firms pay low wages but those that do seem all ways to be in the news for some reason or other ,

I’m not disputing any of that, I just dont believe that Willi Betz, which is essentially a German company is paying €2000 per month to his Bulgarian drivers when German drivers are sometimes only paid half that. Considering that all these Bulgarians double man too, thats theoretically €4000 per month, per truck and if this was true, he would not be able to under-cut everyone else in the way that he does. Wether or not the cost of living in Bulgaria is cheaper, which it ofcourse is, the figure of €2000 per month for a Bulgarian truck driver just does not add up and I cannot see it being a true figure of their earnings. I’d be surprised if both drivers in each truck make €2000 per month with their wages combined.

I wonder if Betz will actually start to employ German drivers now that a low wage economy such as the ones he’s thrived off has come to Germany? I know he used to have East German drivers at one point, i don’t know if he still does, but given that plenty of Germans are working for €1000 per month, that’d be right up his street.

With so much media attention on Mr betz…and the fact there are a lot of hauliers out there gunning for him…i doubt very much whether he would dare to cross the line…as has been quoted in the news article…carnets are a customs document enabling vehicles to cross frontiers with the least of hold ups and problems…and these carnets are issued by a competent authority…and numbered…dated…and the issuing authority stamped upon them. they are not so easily forged…so i dont think he is at it…more a case of jealous hauliers…
As for the bulgarian drivers earning 1500 to 2000 euros a month…i very much doubt it.
The average rate of pay for an international driver was 150 dollars a month.
Of course they are taliking about Euros…as a matter of european language…but i can of course verify the wages earned if somebody wishes…by making a phone call to relatives in BG…as you are aware…my wife is Bulgarian and we have many relatives out there…take it all with a pinch of salt…
The euro economy is on a downward spiral…and the euro pundits are out to make anyone a scapegoat for their own misfortune…Willy Betz is booming…he has now started to buy companies in the UK…to expand his empire…everyone complained when Norbert dressingtable did the same thing…they all complained when Stobart started to get big…now its W/B…whos next ■■
he is a shrewd businessman…who buit his empire from the ashes of the end of the communist era…if he can build a conglomorate as big as the company is…then lets have more like him…and he isnt a threat as drivers seem to imagine…its a fact of life that where there is gold…etc…and the opening of our borders to those less fortunate… serves only greedy business people out to exploit them…the cost of living is very high…even to us…so how do you expect them to live on a lot less money…dont believe everything you read…dont listen to other peoples views…use your own brain…and form your own opinion based on the facts before you…for thats what i do …and i do have the experience…and the expertise…to justify my opinions…i can absolutely state that the eastern european drivers run more to the rules than most of their euro counterparts…and are happy to work for W/B…they are very experienced drivers, who have to spend considerable amounts of time away from their families…they are very considerate drivers…always willing to help where they can…they are more honest than your next door neighbour…but like all of us…they are doing a job they love…and for a pittance…

Bob,
I agree with almost all you say but

truckyboy:
With so much media attention on Mr betz…and the fact there are a lot of hauliers out there gunning for him…i doubt very much whether he would dare to cross the line…as has been quoted in the news article…carnets are a customs document enabling vehicles to cross frontiers with the least of hold ups and problems…and these carnets are issued by a competent authority…and numbered…dated…and the issuing authority stamped upon them. they are not so easily forged…so i dont think he is at it…more a case of jealous hauliers…

Remember the old days of quota permits?

As for the bulgarian drivers earning 1500 to 2000 euros a month…i very much doubt it.

So do I, I was at the lower end of that here 3 years ago and I don’t suppose much has changed.
Salut, David.