Wages won't be going up

i was chatting to some Bulgarian drivers last week. they double man it to Spain from Bulgaria every week for 250 euro per calender month, each.
As you may already know Bulgaria, and Romania are in the EU, But there are still restrictions on them working in other EU states. This will change very soon, and they will be allowed to work anywhere within the EU.
But the problem is, They will work for much less than other europeans, therefore keeping wages low for us.

so all those who go on about cabotage, and lower fuel prices in europe making rates lower, should look at wages. that’s what makes the big difference.

:open_mouth: :frowning:

There are already lots of bulgarians doing uk work at the moment in RHD Bulgarian registered trucks. I saw 1 on sealane on Tuesday, it was an ex royal mail low roof daf cf, RHD, Bulgarian registered. Funniest thng was it had all the blingy curtains, colour coordinated!
I think Croatia have been given the ok to join euro as well now. Wont be long before turkey gets its house in order as well as they have stated they want in as well.

Of course wages won’t go up!The whole reason for bringing East Europe into the EU,was to bring us down to their level,increase the pool of labour to ensure that there’s always someone willing to ‘do it cheaper’,and make sure the Euro Empire gets bigger to justify more EU expenditure/waste!

Sat in Dover docks waiting to load bananas (domestic load). British fridge in front of me in the queue is being pulled by a Romanian tractor unit.

skids:
. Wont be long before turkey gets its house in order as well as they have stated they want in as well.

I think Turkey may have had second thoughts… I was there recently and my taxi driver said that he had been keen for them to join until he saw what happened to Greece. Prices (and wages) in Turkey are way below those in their neighbour - people on Greek islands use the ferry to go shopping in Turkey. These two countries used to hate each other - now the Turks feel sorry for the Greeks (while laughing behind their hands).

Phil it ain’t that much lower any more maybe 10-20ppl but that’s all there wages will be going up as well when they get full EU membership as has happened other former eastern block countries

Santa:

skids:
. Wont be long before turkey gets its house in order as well as they have stated they want in as well.

I think Turkey may have had second thoughts… I was there recently and my taxi driver said that he had been keen for them to join until he saw what happened to Greece. Prices (and wages) in Turkey are way below those in their neighbour - people on Greek islands use the ferry to go shopping in Turkey. These two countries used to hate each other - now the Turks feel sorry for the Greeks (while laughing behind their hands).

The big difference is that the Turkish economy is very strong, unlike Greece, even when Greece joined the common market they were subsidised members along with Spain and Portugal.

Turkey still has difficulty with its human rights record and is the only safety barrier we have between Europe and Asia. Unless the Turks can agree to split the country at the Bosphorus and have a European section with Istanbul as the capital of Euroturk. It will probably be another civil war for us to sort out :wink:

However, the initial thought was that we couldn’t afford to have them as another member, now the tables have turned, maybe the EU need Turkey more than Turkey needs the EU