theft

if you saw someone cutting a curtain sider you would call the police right? thats theft,so why when we see drivers filling up there jerry cans on the company card do we turn a blind eye,i waited behind a car transporter at toddington as he filled the truck and 2 cans which he said were his christmas bonus,£70 not bad,so if you do this every week thats £3640 a year and thats just one driver,and then when the firm goes ■■■■ up they blame the managment or the economy,its the same for the low life morons selling pallets,please dont complain if your house/car is ever broken into because your just the same as him!!!

I must just correct you on one thing, if I sold some white pallets then I wouldn’t be thieving anything from anyone, I would be perfectly content for someone to take photos of me selling white pallets and send them to my boss, the place I had loaded them at or anyone else at all.

In fact, 15 or 20 years ago, some smarmy private detective set up a firm where the idea was to photograph drivers selling white pallets, then offer to sell the employer the photographs. His business failed because every employer he phoned said “So you saw my driver selling pallets? So ■■■■■■■ what?”. Poor research, you see.

So, get your facts right before calling honest people thieves or low life morons :wink:

Have to use adblue containers as hgv pump nozzle too big to fit car :unamused:

we have drivers who fill up gerry cans regular .

its usually for the moffet hanging of the arse of the trailer , is that theft or would you just assume it was ?

i havent seen many moffets hanging off a car transporter,but you will still defend blatent theft unless its your stuff being nicked,what a sad bunch you are

strongbowpeter:
…£70 not bad,so if you do this every week thats £3640 a year…

If you’re gonna do it, you may as well do it properly. Five times a week is £18,000 a year.

strongbowpeter:
…which he said were his christmas bonus…

I think this is the evidence required to prove the point Harry :wink:

strongbowpeter:
i havent seen many moffets hanging off a car transporter,but you will still defend blatent theft unless its your stuff being nicked,what a sad bunch you are

carlzberg…

strongbowpeter:
if you saw someone cutting a curtain sider you would call the police right

No. No point, they probably wouldn’t turn up.

strongbowpeter:

We aren’t sad simply because we point out to you that selling pallets isn’t theft, or that there could be other reasons for filling jerry cans than theft.

In the case you cite, it does seem to be theft. You could report him but petrol station staff are always instructed to report to their employer anyone seen filling up cans, so he probably won’t get away with it for long. I know of a case locally where two directors of a haulage firm, acting on a tip-off, caught a driver red-handed filling cans at a filling station.

i filled up the truck one day, and the wife had the car beside me. the garage owner went ape [zb] at me. but i carried on filling up, i paid on the card, and at the same time the garage owner was on the phone to my boss.
the boss told him to [zb] off.
the reason?
we always filled up on the card, and the boss charged us minus the VAT. :wink:

limeyphil:
i filled up the truck one day, and the wife had the car beside me. the garage owner went ape [zb] at me. but i carried on filling up, i paid on the card, and at the same time the garage owner was on the phone to my boss.
the boss told him to [zb] off.
the reason?
we always filled up on the card, and the boss charged us minus the VAT. :wink:

It’s not really a very good idea to admit to VAT fraud on a public forum Phil. :wink:

i have in my wallet right now my BP card , and trust me if i dared fill my car with it id be killed to ■■■■■■■ death by midnight …

I used to fill jerry cans all the time when I was on car transporters, reason being half the fuel tanks of the cars you went to pick up were empty.

strongbowpeter:
i waited behind a car transporter at toddington as he filled the truck and 2 cans which he said were his christmas bonus

So he actually came up to your window and told you this while you were waiting behind him?

Image removed. Pictures are also covered in the language rules.

scottie0011:
I used to fill jerry cans all the time when I was on car transporters, reason being half the fuel tanks of the cars you went to pick up were empty.

That’s probably it and the Xmas bonus story is just something the driver uses to feed the easily confused something to get irate about.

I have seen guys filling ad blue cans up with diesel while filling the truck
I think it disgusting to steel diesel or anything from a employer
Can you imagine being sacked for steeling fuel you never get another job because when the new employer rings up for a reference
and your old boss says he got the sack for steeling and you cant be trusted
With diesel prices being at a all time high if you nick £70 to £100 p.w that could be half the trucks profit
I have a shell card , AS24 card, DKV card , and a RED card, on my person and would NEVER use them for my own use

Maybe its just me but i been brought up not to steel

regards cv

strongbowpeter:
i waited behind a car transporter at toddington as he filled the truck and 2 cans which he said were his christmas bonus,£70 not bad,so if you do this every week thats £3640 a year and thats just one driver,and then when the firm goes ■■■■ up they blame the managment or the economy,its the same for the low life morons selling pallets,please dont complain if your house/car is ever broken into because your just the same as him!!!

Deja Vu !!!

cv68:
I have seen guy filling ad blue cans up with diesel while filling the truck
I think it disgusting to steel diesel or anything from a employer
Can you imagine being sacked for steeling fuel you never get another job because when the new employer rings up for a reference
and your old boss says he got the sack for steeling and you cant be trusted
With diesel prices being at a all time high if you nick £70 to £100 p.w that could be half the trucks profit
I have a shell card , AS24 card, DKV card , and a RED card, on my person and would NEVER use them for my own use

Maybe its just me but i been brought up not to steel

regards cv

Same as that. It would be so easy for me to fill cans every week but it certainly isnt worth my job! I’d lose my home, probably my mrs and god knows what else and for what? A few gallon of derv, not a chance.

Gembo:
Same as that. It would be so easy for me to fill cans every week but it certainly isnt worth my job! I’d lose my home, probably my mrs and god knows what else and for what? A few gallon of derv, not a chance.

Yes, I could fill my car up with my employer’s diesel every week, only problem is that it would break down five minutes later because it runs on petrol :wink: