The worst job you have had?

The opposite of the best job thread … What’s been your worst job ?

HUSBAND!

Bus driver for First! Never ever ever ever ever ever again :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

In between leaving school and starting an apprenticeship during the early 80’s I emptied dustbins for a bout 6 weeks just to get some beer tokens and keep mum off my case! Proper dustbins back then too, full of wet ashes and all the other crap, heavy as ■■■■. none of the plastic pansy bins with wheels on back then.

I can’t say any really. If I hadn’t done those crap jobs, I wouldn’t have appreciated the better jobs.

I’ve done all sorts, from Network Manager for a national computer firm, bin man (as mentioned above) with steel bins and bin bags splitting in the street, bus driver (as mentioned above) for a good few firms in the Manchester area.

All have had their good points if I’m honest, from the craic when working in a crew to the wages…

Brake brothers was probably the worst job I ever had. The best part about it was going home:

Late loading, fridges that didn’t work properly, vehicles that were past their best, didn’t have the same vehicle every day so the ones you got were invariably full of ■■■■, drivers that didn’t stop moaning about stuff they could fix if they wanted to, rude and borderline abusive customers, delivery point rarely where you could stop, a fight for trollies in the morning and quite possibly a load of other stuff I forgot to mention.

Tesco at middlewich, run by a bunch of pricks & the job was unbelievably boring. Money was ok though

mutley:
Tesco at middlewich, run by a bunch of pricks & the job was unbelievably boring. Money was ok though

Like wise where I am… :wink:

waynedl:
bin man (as mentioned above) with steel bins and bin bags splitting in the street

Ah yeah, now its all flooding back to me, plus running up and down poxy alley ways “pulling out”, what a ■■■■■■■ nitemare that was!
I done it over Christmas, driver we had took about 200 quid in tips and gave his loaders (3 of us) about a tenner each, not sure how he didn’t get his head stoved in TBH :imp: He was a proper ■■■■ :angry:

The one legged ■■■■ from Mendlesham !!! and the wagon had more defects than you could shake a bloody stick at :open_mouth:

Blocks where Swedish blue works

Not the job or the truck but the bloke I worked for was a totally ■■■■ and I still haven’t been ■■■■■■■ paid

Rat67:
Bus driver for First! Never ever ever ever ever ever again :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

Same for me

Driving jobs? Only ever had good ones “on the books”, but since going agency 7 years ago the worst was Nisa/DHL. Awful. Although I do see the sport as a shop owner standing watching while a driver pulls his puddings out with a ton pallet of booze over a bumpy pavement and up over the step of the shop. I DID A FULL WEEEK before I declined any further involvement.

3663 for me. Tue to sat, 0600 until finish, sometimes it was 20.00. Oh and you had to be in by 0545 to check the vehicle, unpaid. And attend a drivers meeting once a month, started at 0530, unpaid. Truck loaded for you, but in no particular order so you were constantly searching through pallets. I did it for a week then found out you didn’t get overtime pay just a flat week. That was my cue to leave.

3663 can ■■■■ right off then it seems

:
HUSBAND!

+1

raymundo:
The one legged [zb] from Mendlesham !!! and the wagon had more defects than you could shake a bloody stick at :open_mouth:

Good old GB eh. he is still about. god knows how with the stunts he has pulled.

Slackbladder:
3663 for me. Tue to sat, 0600 until finish, sometimes it was 20.00. Oh and you had to be in by 0545 to check the vehicle, unpaid. And attend a drivers meeting once a month, started at 0530, unpaid. Truck loaded for you, but in no particular order so you were constantly searching through pallets. I did it for a week then found out you didn’t get overtime pay just a flat week. That was my cue to leave.

■■■■ that crap! :angry:
Talk about taking the ■■■■!

Got made redundant in 98 & the 2 worst jobs I’ve ever had followed- 1st was for Dominoes, start about 03.00 8 or 9 drops down south, all handball, breaks whilst unloading & a Bloody Noisy Fridge on to of your head (rigid) lasted a month.
2nd was working for a farmer delivering Turf in the summer on a 40 ft flat with a Moffet & Grain in a 40 ft tipper in the winter, could never please to bloke, didn’t matter what I did, it was wrong, lasted 6 months then jacked & even went on the agency !

Earthline by far the worst I’ve done. Must’ve been mentally incapacitated when I went to work there.