The worm is turning

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/humber/7857996.stm

the guy in rechecks at killingholmes son works there he said local ladour was being laid off and foregin labour from protugal mainly was being brought in

to me this is totally out of order that company should not be allowed to get away with this

i watch a lot of news and read papers but i did not see any of this on the news,has it been played down to keep the indians in the dark

Haulage will never walk out !!!

“British job’s for British worker’s” our Great and revered leader Gordon Brown said it, so no accusation’s of Racism, Jingoism, xenophobia, Facism, or any other words ending in ism or ist please.

Blunder Man:
“British job’s for British worker’s” our Great and revered leader Gordon Brown said it, so no accusation’s of Racism, Jingoism, xenophobia, Facism, or any other words ending in ism or ist please.

Just remember hes a politician when is anything they say true

Interesting times. Business wants cheap labour, and the politicians profess to want jobs for British workers. Cheap labour will win every time unfortunately, unless people get organised and force the change via protest and the ballot box.

british jobs for british workers thats what they say!!! just look at the olympic site with 40+ language schools on site, how does the goverment get round the issue of british jobs for british people and local jobs for locals, simple they make them british citizens and house them locally, employ them on their olympic project then present the figures that would have you believe that most of the jobs there are being done by brits that live local, what it does not mention is that the majority of the workforce has been given citizenship and housed then put to work there so the actual number of brits from the local area is very very small, and thats the way they do it…

Trouble with this country is we have never had a revoloution. I never said that Terry Wogan did!

lefkasman:
Trouble with this country is we have never had a revoloution. I never said that Terry Wogan did!

In the 18th Century, the colonies gained its independence from Britain through a rebellion involving the colonies of the most dominant nations of that present time. Although known as the American Revolution throughout the world, it was actually a British Revolution in many ways rather than an American Revolution. The British colonial policies were more responsible for the final political division than were actions taken by the colonists. As the British played a larger role in the final political division in America due to their taxing, governing and military action in America from 1763 to 1775, the colonies gained their independence.

OK I admit it…

I’m bored :open_mouth: :slight_smile:

did you find that yourself or did your cojoined mate help :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

nobody likes a smart a/';#e

I not smart mista but can g o o g l e real fast :slight_smile:

i think it’s time for a revolution,one which get’s the fat useless waste that is mr brown and co out and possible the b n p in. Or are we just completely screwed which ever way? nothing in this country is british any more even the 3rd run way at heathrow will be given to foreginers.

I don’t know how pertinent this might be, but in a previous life when I had a proper job, I was in Cammell Laird shipbuilders for a period. They had a rule, strongly enforced that 50% of skilled labour and all semi and unskilled labour had to be local. Cammell Laird shut down as a shipbulder. We can’t have that kind of policy now, but what we should have, but appear to have lost is the skills to fill all of these jobs, and the backbone to stand together when the jobs go elsewhere.

The worm may well turn in the next months and years to come as people seem to have less and less to lose…at the moment we have less rights than we have done for a long time and im not just talking about drivers ,most of us are in a position unable to complain about bad treatment,wages cause we’re all ■■■■ scared of losing our jobs and replaced by someone who is cheaper…drivers are 10 a penny at the moment and there are hundreds waiting to take your place if you put a foot out of line,so companies imho are playing on those fears and treating the average British worker with complete contempt and sacking,forcing people out of work in most cases unfairly and possibly illegally…they dont care about loyalty or hard workers…its ALL about PROFIT when it comes down to it !!! :imp: :imp: :imp:
We DO need a revolution of some kind to get rid of these Politicians who in NO way live in the real world who are supposed to make balanced decisions on our behalf…like ■■■■ they do…they live in ■■■■■■■ cloud cuckoo land just 1example of which being the billions ploughed into a failing car market thats been mass over producing cars for years that aren’t selling…and im no economist by any means,but the decisions taken in the past few months to me beggars belief!!!..we.are.■■■■■■!!!

rant over

i wrote a really long,politically charged post.
then remembered we are on here to chill down in a trucking envoironment…sorry. :blush:

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7859968.stm

I hope they can keep going and more join in, about time we in this country got up and said no more.