The ultimate tin box for the unpaid security guard

All you daymen who simply MUST get back to…‘‘MEE OWN BED’’ :unamused: …Just ignore this nothing for you to see here.

For the rest of us ‘‘proper truckers’’…(…I’m joking I’m joking :unamused: )feast your eyes on this bad boy.
Maybe I’m an old brainwashed trucker but if I was young free and single again I would happily LIVE in this let alone work and sleep in it…#sadoldbasterd. :smiley:
In fact I’d happily do a month tour of Europe in it now,.old tied down and married, but I’d take the wife with me give her a free holiday. :smiley:
So get the 501s on checked Lumberjack Ben Sherman Timbetland boots, and the obligatory Raybans for that ultimate poser experience, and off me and her go.
Plenty of points for her hair straighteners and when she gets all her make up and gear stowed in the numerous cupboards, plenty of room for loads of pot noodles and wet wipes for me. :laughing:
Seriously though a cool piece of kit for the discerning tramper, but maybe a bit ott for taking bog rolls and beans to Tesco, it would have to be Italia tour at least. :sunglasses:
Check this out.
youtu.be/a9ew6KQeZfs

I bet the the yanks still moan about the job though, they don’t know how good they’ve got it.

GORDON 50:
I bet the the yanks still moan about the job though, they don’t know how good they’ve got it.

bunch a ■■■■■■■, a remember the volvo 86 wi the 2 planks behind the seats ,home made curtains lol, or the atki wi the foam between the seats.lol, :smiley: :smiley: said with tongue in cheek. :smiley: :slight_smile: :smiley:

gingo:
bunch a ■■■■■■■, a remember the volvo 86 wi the 2 planks behind the seats ,home made curtains lol, or the atki wi the foam between the seats.lol, :smiley: :smiley: said with tongue in cheek. :smiley: :slight_smile: :smiley:

Luxury!..

D series, put it into 1st gear and sleep across the seats. Curtains was my jacket and a towel.

The deal breaker for me with those big US cabs is the auxilary power unit. You can park for days and keep the cab cool, fridge running and all yer electric toys charged up.

yourhavingalarf:

gingo:

Luxury!..

D series, put it into 1st gear and sleep across the seats. Curtains was my jacket and a towel.

The deal breaker for me with those big US cabs is the auxilary power unit. You can park for days and keep the cab cool, fridge running and all yer electric toys charged up.

Ford Transit flatbed kipping under the sheet …anybody raise that. :smiley:

robroy:

yourhavingalarf:

gingo:

Luxury!..

TK Bedford with full sleeper, well it felt like one back then :smiley:

I personally don’t see the appeal. I like to think I have driven some very nice Scania’s, Volvo’s, MAN’s, DAFs, Mercs etc. I would sooner drive something in the picture I have attached. Along with a decent wage of £20+ an hour than having the ‘privilege’ to drive fancy Volvo Globetrotter and being on £10 an hour.

Volvo’s are OK but to be honest I prefer my Peterbilt 579 which I feel is finished to a better quality. That is just my personal opinion of course.

I am usually out for anything between 8 and 21 days at a time but sometimes longer than that.
There is factory fitted inverter, fridge/freezer, microwave and all that stuff so it is quite adequate for purpose especially considering that the truckstop shower are of a much higher standard than the UK/Europe and they provide the clean towels, etc for the driver each time.

robroy:

yourhavingalarf:

gingo:

Luxury!..

Fifty or sixty years ago it was quite common for drivers to sleep on the trailer or under it. The more enterprising would suspend a single bed base under the trailer. Obviously our climate is more conducive to such antics.

adam277:
I personally don’t see the appeal. I like to think I have driven some very nice Scania’s, Volvo’s, MAN’s, DAFs, Mercs etc. I would sooner drive something in the picture I have attached. Along with a decent wage of £20+ an hour than having the ‘privilege’ to drive fancy Volvo Globetrotter and being on £10 an hour.

Why us it either/or?
Why not the Volvo on 20 quid an hour…it was a light hearted comment and an observation bud not the triggering of a low or high wage debate.
Btw I’ve driven those and they were’nt that good tbh. :smiley:…(Spicer Box. :open_mouth: )

The truck in Robs video is still missing any kind of en-suite facility, instead it’s still down to the basic Continental toilets that we currently use (or Bridgestone, and Michelin)

Compared with the “tin boxes” here its luxury. When I was in Canada on holiday there was a trucker on the ferry to Vancouver Island which I manage to have a look in his motor,beautiful,but considering he was from the east coast some 2500 / 3000 miles away from home he deserved it.

robroy:

yourhavingalarf:

gingo:

Luxury!..

I raise you … :laughing: ,it’s no fun anymore having this giant low roof foden Daf cab :unamused:

robroy:

yourhavingalarf:

gingo:

Luxury!..

Car ■■■■■■, estate car on r-send lower, flatten the rear seats better than the Ritz.

robroy:

adam277:

Why us it either/or?
Why not the Volvo on 20 quid an hour…it was a light hearted comment and an observation bud not the triggering of a low or high wage debate.
Btw I’ve driven those and they were’nt that good tbh. :smiley:…(Spicer Box. :open_mouth: )

A fancy new volvo for £20 an hour would be lovely. But from what I have seen of job adverts… The ones that brag about ‘luxurious’ often pay peanuts.

adam277:

Pity for you is it has a gearstick, which I doubt you would know what to do with !!

robthedog:

adam277:

Pity for you is it has a gearstick, which I doubt you would know what to do with !!

Yep. You must be proper clever to use that thing.

No bathroom = no good