The traffic today

First bit of heavy rain we get and this country goes to pot. Traffic all around the m20 thanks to Op stack, traffic both clockwise and anti-clockwise on the M25 in various places, M1 slow going north, m11 slow going south, m11 going north slow…

Why oh why must I be stuck in the middle of it all!

You know its Friday right? :wink:

Surely it’s not normally this bad? I’m usually up north on a Friday which is nice and clear!

Schools have just broke up as well

speedyguy:

Radar was on his way home from school :wink:

Lol this coutry goes to pot even if a leaf falls off a tree lol.

I remember a few years ago there was like 2-3 inches of snow and All buses and trains were stopped in London! lol

I did notice plenty more cars on the road today that I was out for a couple of hours.

recognised as the busiest holiday weekend of the summer

RAC operations manager on 5Live last night warning that statistically today is the busiest day of the year for traffic, followed shortly by another day around Xmas. Plus the fact Joe Public have no idea how to drive during a bit of piddly rain, and you have disaster.

Just come back from Lympne along the A20 to Lenham and then through back roads to Maidstone. It was nose to tail moving at about 15mph between between Lympne and Ashford. The Eastbound queue to get through Ashford starts at Charing roundabout. None of it helped by rubberneckers slowing down and gawping at the M 20 when there is an overbridge. The M20 was stopped westbound 9 to 8 because of an accident. Traffic news reporting M2 solid slow moving from j3 Medway Towns to Brenley Corner (A2). A 249 reported solid from Maidstone to M2 both ways.

This morning A20 between Ashford and Lympne stop start all the way. M25 probably not worth bothering.

Radar, how long have you been doing this now?

Why hasn’t the reality of Friday (or Wacky Races Day, as I like to call it) sunk in yet?

This is the second time I’ve seen you questioning Friday traffic.

seth 70:

speedyguy:

Radar was on his way home from school :wink:

Radar’s been to uni yar.

i hate being down south on a Friday always a battle making it back up north. Usually end up failing and running in sat morning lol.

Well I left Carlisle at about half 9 because the farm I was tipping at wouldn’t let me in till 8, straight down to sandbatch to load out the quarry then finally parked up at hopwood services at half 6. Had a 45 in there and a 15 too and it still took me all this time. Whole journey would normally take me about 7 hours as I take it easy and stop for coffee on occasion but 10 hours is madness! Was crawling near enough the whole way down the m6 from Lancaster. Funny watching the motorway amateurs attempting the holiday commute, some of the things they do, someone should make a TV show about it!

A13 was fine purfleet stratford purfleet 30 mins ew purfleet ilford purfleet 20 mins ew purfleet chelmsford home 40 mins :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: beers curry TV feet up weekend off :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Dad driving, with his knuckles white on the steering wheel at he tries to restrain himself from going berserk. Mum in the passenger seat with the map; upside down of course as she is heading South, twisted round to threaten the kids on the back seat. Two kids there - one a teenager having a hissy fit because his phone battery has gone flat and it’s different to all the other phones, and the other a toddler who is screaming because he’s just been slapped for chucking his shoes out of the window and Dad won’t stop.

Never mind - only six more hours to Weston and the weather forcast says rain and wind in the West, Sunny in the North.

Chill out, naff all you can do about heavy traffic when your stuck in it, don’t stress you will die early. Crank up the tunes and think of the extra beer tokens you are earning for your Mrs :laughing:

Contraflow:
Radar, how long have you been doing this now?

Why hasn’t the reality of Friday (or Wacky Races Day, as I like to call it) sunk in yet?

This is the second time I’ve seen you questioning Friday traffic.

Most of the time I’m up north on a Friday and I don’t ever see traffic like this till I get off the m62 over the A1. There was a reason why I hate driving in the south, this reminded me of it :smiley:

Industrial shutdown for many firms, means the poor sods have no choice but to venture out on two of the busiest weekends of the year. They are sat in the same queues as the trucks are. :confused: Same poor sods are going to be queuing for everything over the next two weeks, bar space, chip line, ice cream line, seafood line…

Lot to be said for holidays outside the main holiday season…

It was terrible today! I breathed a loooong sigh of relief when I parked up at 1500…

:laughing:

Long distance MK-Bedford-MK-Northampton-MK for me today, even ventured onto the M1 J16 to 15 (with fingers crossed, this afternoon, northbound was knackered, as usual) did around 200km all day & didn’t see a traffic jam. Happy day all round. [emoji4]

So glad I didn’t have to follow the Hoards of Stroppy Sprogs to their ‘Head in IPad’ Holiday Destinations. (What’s the point in going away, when they don’t even look up from the screen ?)