The things you miss now you are an adult

PMAC:
its buy when u want to buy something not the best at spelling and grammer myself but buy bye and by are all diffrent allthough sounding the same sorry to spoil it i mostly miss parma violets wife still buys emm for me now and playing with action man :smiley:

Its ‘them’ not ‘emm’! sorry to spoil it! :bulb:

I miss my Mum, I was a spoiled kid but we were far from well off. We lived in a small Northamptonshire village. We would kick a football for miles without handling it, we’d build camps in hedgerows, we’d play cowboys and indians with real loaded .22 air guns, I would go home with a pellet stuck in my hand and Mum would pull it out, clean it and tell me to keep behind something next tim … LOL

Life being simple.

thx for pointing the deliberate mistake out to me critic :blush: :smiley:

im with vince on the mojo,s + blackjacks. also lucky bags and palma violets.
i also miss my adventure kit and my poster of a young felicty kendal.
and playing “true,dare ,kiss command,promise or tell” which was a ■■■■ sight more interesting than hide and seek.

i miss living rent free at parents house, with not a care in the world. :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: could spend all my money on woolies pick 'n mix :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: and sega mega drive games at ritz (now blockbuster) not any more… :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

Youth info

According to today’s regulators and bureaucrats, those of us who were kids
in the 60’s, 70’s and early 80’s probably shouldn’t have survived, because
…

Our baby cots were covered with brightly coloured lead-based paint which
was
promptly chewed and licked.

We had no childproof lids on medicine bottles, or latches on doors or
cabinets and it was fine to play with pans.

When we rode our bikes, we wore no helmets, just flip flops and fluorescent
‘clackers’ on our wheels. (I think you will find they were known as spokey
dokeys - some old git wrote this)

As children, we would ride in cars with no seat belts or airbags riding in
the passenger seat was a treat.

We drank water from the garden hose and not from a bottle and it tasted the
same.

We ate chips, bread and butter pudding and drank fizzy pop with sugar in
it,
but we were never overweight because we were always outside playing.

We shared one drink with four friends, from one bottle or can and no-one
actually died from this.

We would spend hours building go-carts out of scraps and then went top
speed
down the hill, only to find out we forgot the brakes. After running into
stinging nettles a few times, we learned to solve the problem.

We would leave home in the morning and could play all day, as long as we
were back before it got dark. No one was able to reach us and no one
minded.

We did not have Play stations or X-Boxes, no video games at all. No 99
channels on TV, no videotape movies, no surround sound, no mobile phones,
no
personal computers, no Internet chat rooms. We had friends we went outside
and found them.

We played elastics and street rounders, and sometimes that ball really
hurt.

We fell out of trees, got cut and broke bones but there were no lawsuits.

We had full on fist fights but no prosecution followed from other parents.

We played knock-down-ginger and were afraid of the owners catching us.

We walked to friend’s homes.

We also, believe it or not, WALKED to school; we didn’t rely on mummy or
daddy to drive us to school, which was just round the corner. (I’d like to
add if they did drive a car it wasn’t a huge bull bar equipped 4x4 SUV)

We made up games with sticks and tennis balls.

We rode bikes in packs of 7 and wore our coats by only the hood.

The idea of a parent bailing us out if we broke a law was unheard of. They
actually sided with the law.

This generation has produced some of the best risk-takers and problem
solvers and inventors, ever. The past 50 years have been an explosion of
innovation and new ideas.

We had freedom, failure, success and responsibility, and we learned how to
deal with it all.

And you’re one of them. Congratulations!

Pass this on to others who have had the luck to grow up as real kids,
before
lawyers and government regulated our lives, for our own good…

TO THE YOUTH OF TODAY>>>

For those of you who aren’t old enough, thought you might like to read
about
us.

This my friends, is surprisingly frightening…and it might put a smile
on your face: The majority of students in universities today were born in
1983…They are called youth.

They have never heard of We are the World, We are the children, and the
Uptown Girl they know is by Westlife not Billy Joel.

They have never heard of Rick Astley, Bananarama, Nena or Belinda Carlisle.

For them, there has always been only one Germany and one Vietnam.

AIDS has existed since they were born.

CD’s have existed since they were born.

Michael Jackson has always been white.

To them John Travolta has always been round in shape and they can’t imagine
how this fat guy could be a god of dance.

They believe that Charlie’s Angels and Mission Impossible are Films from
last year.

They can never imagine life before computers.

They’ll never have pretended to be the A Team, Red Hand Gang or the Famous
Five.

They’ll never have applied to be on Jim’ll Fix It or Why Don’t You.

They can’t believe a black and white television ever existed and don’t even
know how to switch on a TV without a remote control.

And they will never understand how we could leave the house without a
mobile
phone.

Now let’s check if we’re getting old…

1. You understand what was written above and you smile.

2. You need to sleep more, usually until the afternoon, after a night out.

3. Your friends are getting married/already married.

4. You are always surprised to see small children playing comfortably with
    computers.

5. When you see teenagers with mobile phones, you shake your head.

6. You remember watching Dirty Den in EastEnders the first time around.

7. You meet your friends from time to time, talking about the good old
    days,
    repeating again all the funny stories you have experienced together.

8. Having read this mail, you are thinking of forwarding it to some other
    friends because you think they will like it too…

Yes, you’re getting older!!!

WOW Koop, that’s some memory you have got there :astonished: , I was just going to say National Health Service Orange Juice and Sally James :slight_smile: .

seeing how high i could pee up the school toilet wall

Walking a mile or so with me mates, through fields then clambering over a wall to watch speedway for free.Walking back and getting a bottle of Strongbow from the local offy then getting money back on the empty bottle :laughing:
The fields turned into bricks and mortar long ago and the “offy” is now a Kebab shop :frowning:
Oh and Golliwogs on jam jars - Happy days

Kiss chase, being only about 6 or 7 & everybody else being older than me the girls took pity on me & chased me it was heaven.
Scalectric I never had one & now the Wife wont let me get one.

MY MUM :cry:

i miss getting up at the crack of bird s…t and having the whole day to do the things i want and not being told u have more drops and miles to cover than santa. going rounds ur mates house and getting them to come out on their bikes,puting tin cans on the wheels so they trapped in the mud guards making em sound like motorbikes.finding the biggest hill and just putting ur feet up a whizzing down the hill and feeling free.
putting all our pocket money together and going over the army barrack in purfleet and buying old scrap cars from the breakers and driving them along the sea wall from purfleet to rainham,getting up on a sat morning and watching kick start dum dum dum de dum de dum de dum dum dum dum dum…lol get the tune…
going over to the bundle that was really a death trap as we swang out so high over solid ground we would have been a mush on the floor if we fell,but we was kids and invincible wernt we.
i enjoyed buying the silver aniseed balls that gave u silver lips and mouth for the rest of the day,fizzy cola bottles that made u eat your own face coz they was so sour.
walking to thames board mills along the sea wall and going over to the wast paper trailers and finding the ■■■■ mags to sell to ya mates,for ■■■ money…lol.
in and out of ya mates mum and dads house drinking really cheap and crap orange and jammie dodgers.
tying doors to the ■■■■■ horses chains and sitting on em while the pulled u round the field,then runing like crazy when the ■■■■■■ saw u. but most of all i miss waking up early on school hols just as the sun was coming up over the thames to go with my dad in hes lorry,we walked to purfleet ind est where he parked stopping off at south’s the bakers next to the royal hotel and getting a fresh made roll with sausage an brown sauce and a bottle of full creamed milk that left u with a proper milk tash.
the birds were so loud that time of a summers morning it was great,and the roads were quite giving as a head start on the traffic,we used to be finished by 2pm and stop off in the club on the way home for a beer and i had a kaliber…lol,and i could sit in the garden and smell that smell that u can only get from being in a lorry like the smell from old ropes and diesel

I’ve still got my Mum (thankfully) and looking forward to seeing her again next week for Christmas :smiley: , but I do miss my Dad, he died when I was five and a half, but I still remember him :cry:

I dont know any of you but remember doing the same things at one time or another, poor kids nowadays dont have the freedoms that we didnt know were ours. I was dared to walk under a cart horse when I was about 5 years old ,the big brute peed all over me .I had a shampoo that week though now in my 50s have more hair than both of my brothers put together.Never had any money of course but neither had my mates so didnt matter.There was horse carts on the road in Dundee and Arbroath into the 1970s.

did I say MY MUM ?

:frowning: Exactly the same scenario here Cliff. My Old Man left us for good when I was 5 and a bit too and my Old Dear lives on a private static caravan park in Conwy in N Wales on her own (not saying that your Old Dear lives on a caravan park though :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue: ). I’ll be off to see her with my bro sometime round Crimbo :slight_smile:

Getting spanked by a middle aged school mistress,… something I have to pay good money for now!

Emo Phillips, recently.

Sitting on Sancton post office wall with my 10p worth of chewy nuts and my brand new Grifter bike with 3,yes 3 gears watching Joseph Cox’s lorrys shunting round their yard,Setting off on a mammoth journey to go pea nicking from fields at other end of village and worried wud we make it back before dark.Running out of 50p’s for the tele when bloody Fall Guy was on.Cuddled up under blankets on settee with my parents and brother cos we had no coal for fire cos dad spent cash in The Star Inn,lol i miss being a kid. My Son doesnt leave the house on nights or weekends always on his xbox,i couldnt live like it i try telling him but it falls on death ears,bloody younger generation today,lol

Some rope, planks of wood, nails, some pram wheels and stuff building a GO_KART and setting off thye biggest bloddy hill you can find and hope it stays together untill you reach the bottom