The things you miss now you are an adult

Nicking the lead from demolished buildings(1972) me, 13years old, and carrying it 2 miles 2 get 5 bob (25pence today) for it , sure we got riped off now i think about it, but 5 bob then !!! wow!!!

Not getting out off breath walking down the shops
Not waking up with a pain someware
Being able to read the paper without sqwinting
:laughing:

For me it has to be being care free and not worrying about money (or the lack of).

Wayne.

For me,it was six weeks off in the summer :smiley: :laughing:

Dan.

Mo-Jo`s and Black-Jacks- 8 for an old penny.

Pocket-money

Scrumping.

Knock-down ginger.

“Matchbox” cars

Climbing trees

Everything, basically…

Vince

Simon:

TheBigOne:
Breastfeeding :astonished: :smiley: :blush: :wink: :open_mouth: .

And what a size they were as well. :open_mouth:

Oh, so you’ve met my ex then. :smiley:

Living in strange,exotic lands

Chasing after dangerous animals and insects (soon grew out of that unlike that muppet Steve Irwin)

The Perils of Penelope Pitstop (The Hooded Claw - villain - was the best), Tom Slick (forerunner of wacky races), George of the Jungle (the cartoon)

Playing in the old airframes sat around the edges of the station (RAF)

Doing stuff that’s now against the law, because it was fun (and dangerous)

The adventure of it all…and not having to pay for it :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Jules

Cliff Warby:
Playing 'you show me yours. and I’ll show you mine ’ with the girl next door! :blush:

And getting caught :blush: …Followed by hysterical lecture from my Mum :cry:

Captain Caveman and Battle of the Planets. Only the finest cartoons to ever grace our screens!!

Being able to do things that would now be exremely dangerous, but then you didn’t care and it didn’t seem to hurt.

Being able to do things that would now be exremely dangerous, but then you didn’t care and it didn’t seem to hurt.

well, not for long anyway :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing: :laughing:

Jules

going over the glory bumps on dartford heath on my chopper bike,nicking my dads ■■■■,going round the local ind est looking at the trucks with my mate ,and just being called a little sod by my dad ,bless him ,i miss him the most

Going to coastways caff in shiptonthorpe on saturday morning in next doors Guy Warrior till he swapped it for a Mastiff. Then I would wash it for him. Sherbet Dip and little imps,

Oh and Giacomo Agostini

Not having any responsabilities and not having to pay household bills are what I miss.And then there’s chopper bikes,Sally James (tiswas) Suzi Quatro and the young Debbie Harry!

Toast and jam on a saturday morning watching cartoons in a vest and y fronts(I still try to do this but she will have none of it).
Playing conkers every November(was out shopping recently and seen a local gang of kids playing and i soo wanted to join in).

Thundercats,He man and Dungeons and dragons!!!

Atari 2600 with pac man etc!!

Playing pass the parcel at a friends birthday party as well as musical chairs. I also remember drinking very very diluted orange as my friends mum never ever bought enough for everyone at the said party!

Everytime a new girl moved to our street, i remember fighting with friends to get her attention(must have done well as im still with the last one).

Ive many more things i miss and ill post them later when ive more time(going to collect conkers in the local forest :smiley: ).

regards

kev

I miss getting up early on a saturday morning and going to work with my dad in the lowloader he drove,better still if he was moving a CAT D8 or a 235.
All 220 horses pulling like mad in an “N” reg atki.

Breastfeeding :astonished: :smiley: :blush: :wink: :open_mouth: .

Walking home from school with my friends, getting indoors to find Mum had got a cup of tea made, and a fire going in winter, sitting down to watch Stingray/Thunderbirds/Captain Scarlet/Batman/Cartoons etc etc.

Playing upstairs in my room or outside with my Dinky/Corgi/Matchbox cars or with Action Man

Bike rides with my friends round all the lanes in summertime, Playing in Bluebell woods swinging from the creepers across an old bomb crater (at least we thought it was a bomb crater)

Piling onto a bus on Saturdays to go to Saturday morning pictures at the cinema

Sneaking through a fence at the local RAF base to get as close to the runway as we could when they were filming 633 squadron or when an Avro Shackleton was paying a visit (■■■■! the whole ground vibrated when that thing took off!)

Building camps out of the haybales after the farmer had harvested

Going on the long trip through the night in order to get to Cornwall for our summer holiday (I liked it when my Mum put the seat down in the family Mini Countryman and we slept whilst she still drove) it was a long drive on the old A30 in the days before the Motorway.

Playing 'you show me yours. and I’ll show you mine ’ with the girl next door! :blush:

Going to my Nana’s in Watford and staying for the weekend (she used to spoil me rotten!) On Saturday mornings I miss hearing the rag and bone man clip clopping down the street with his horse and cart (yeah even in the 60’s!)

I miss the innocence and naivity, like when the neighbours two doors down moved to a place called Ipswich…I thought that was someplace on the other side of the planet!..I only lived in Hertfordshire!

Playing conkers in the school playground, sniffing your adversarys conker to see if it had been soaked in vinegar.

Stopping off at the sweet shop on my way home from school and buying bubblegum with Batman/Captain Scarlet/Thunderbirds cards in the pack, then swapping with friends for the ones you did’nt have.

But most of all I miss not having all the stress, worries, bills and responsibilities of being an adult.

I miss the little Sweet Necklace’s’ you used to be able to bye.
You could hold one inbetween your teeth, strecth the elastic then bite!!.. ping, away went one half of the sweet, catapult style…!!

And Tip-Ex fights in our English lesson…hahaha

Oh, and smoking behind the bike sheds at skool…I was everyones friend, coz I always had a box of 20!!..

Cheers
AndyM

AndyM:
I miss the little Sweet Necklace’s’ you used to be able to bye.
You could hold one inbetween your teeth, strecth the elastic then bite!!.. ping, away went one half of the sweet, catapult style…!!

you can still get them

pam

its buy when u want to buy something not the best at spelling and grammer myself but buy bye and by are all diffrent allthough sounding the same sorry to spoil it i mostly miss parma violets wife still buys emm for me now and playing with action man :smiley: