The Tailgater

Gembo:
People do stuff that’s illegal every second of every day.
Who gives a [zb]!
It happens, move along, nothing to see here.
IMO who ever posted the video on YT needs to get a bloody hobby or summin :unamused:

If one of your relatives was mowed down by one of these morons I wonder if you would give a (zb)!!!

The good thing is these clowns will not get away with it much longer.

If you are going to possibly get someone the sack then make sure it’s for something that we all can see and agree with . This is just my opinion and not of any organisation or establishment that I work for,sits back and waits for attack.
[/quote]
+1

Gembo:
Who gives a [zb]!
IMO who ever posted the video on YT needs to get a bloody hobby or summin :unamused:

people also die every day on the roads, and some people do give a ZB
Driving a 44 ton truck at such close proximity to a small car on a motorway is unacceptable. If something was to go wrong then that lorry could very easily kill the people in that car. May be it is time we stopped accepting such horrible driving as the norm.

Bluey Circles:

Gembo:
Who gives a [zb]!

Driving a 44 ton truck at such close proximity to a small car on a motorway is unacceptable. If something was to go wrong then that lorry could very easily kill the people in that car. May be it is time we stopped accepting such horrible driving as the norm.

Well said and quite right. Anyone that drives in this manner deserves more than the sack.
They need banned from driving for life and that’s being too lenient.

albion1971:

Bluey Circles:

Gembo:
Who gives a [zb]!

Well said and quite right. Anyone that drives in this manner deserves more than the sack.
They need banned from driving for life and that’s being too lenient.

I agree with that but nothing will ever be done because there arnt enough plod about to enforce and stop the overall ■■■■ poor standard of driving in this country. Off topic but the joke of making it illegal to smoke with kids in the car is a typical case in point. How the hell will they enforce that? Its a farce!
Theres no plod left to enforce, that’s why so many people drive like their on grande theft auto these days.
Yes, its bad but that’s the way it is.

Bluey Circles:
Driving a 44 ton truck

Wouldn’t that be illegal in the UK, 44t on a 4x2…?[emoji33]

are jjo the new furniture people from York (cant think of the name) something of York? they used to drive like total knobs too. think it was moores?

I see a nice bit of tailgating this morning, a DSV Arctic doing about 50mph on the M1 northbound between 28-29 going down hill in the road works about 2-3 metres from the Lorry in front & stayed there for about 3miles

The vast majority in the video were doing something wrong.
We had the lane hogger to start with.
Then we had the Merc not indicating, going back into the 1st lane. The Merc then brake tested the car who was filming.
Then we had someone stuck in the third lane, followed by the tailgater.
If the car who was filming was doing 50, then all in the video where at fault.
Also… if the car filming can only find fault with the tailgater, then his driving capabilities must be questionable.
Even though it’s ■■■■ poor driving, it’s an average day on the UK roads.

war1974:
are jjo the new furniture people from York (cant think of the name) something of York? they used to drive like total knobs too. think it was moores?

Nope there from Bacup Lancs been goin donkeys years used to be Called j j ormerod I worked for em 18 years ago used to be just kitchens and bedrooms they did , how does 20+. Drops on an artic down London grab u ? No thanx

albion1971:

Daytrunker:
What you can’t tell is if the mazda slowed down judging by how far he is from the vehicle in front he is going faster than the 1 in front if he slows down it will close the gap to the truck behind.

If that happened which is unlikely the truck driver should have backed off.
You could see clearly he was not backing off.

+1
With an unobscured view the truck driver should be ready to react before the car in front does. CBA to watch the vid fully but suspect driver is having an off day or in a rush or using the size of his vehicle in the hope of intimidating another road user or just a ■■■■ or usually on tippers.

Non event but with potential for disaster, as usual dashcam drama queen needs a slap though… :wink:

largebloke1969:

war1974:

Nope there from Bacup Lancs been goin donkeys years used to be Called j j ormerod I worked for em 18 years ago used to be just kitchens and bedrooms they did , how does 20+. Drops on an artic down London grab u ? No thanx

wouldn’t fancy 1 drop in London never mind 20

Bluey Circles:

TheNewBoy:
Off subject slightly but what camera is this as the picture is good & clear

[b[u]]I have no idea, the video is not mine, I don’t even have a dashcam, or want one.[[/u]/b]

I was just more interested in what the law actually says about tailgating, how is it defined ? Along with middle lane hogging this offence was highlighted by the government a couple of years ago to make the roads safer, but I have no idea what constitutes tailgating or can I find any record of anyone being done for it.

If the video is not yours do you spend your time looking through videos just to start issues for fellow drivers? Its possible you could ask the question without the video!!

Here is a link that took me 20 seconds to find gov.uk/government/news/new- … ne-hogging

As said by some on here tailgating is just an attempt to bully other road users you see it everyday not just truck on car, but truck on truck, car on car etc etc

Its the world we live in doesnt make it right but there you go

Bluey Circles:

Gembo:
Who gives a [zb]!

Texting whilst driving is unacceptable but it happens.
Drink driving is unacceptable but it happens.
Cars tailgating cars is unacceptable but it happens.
Talking on the phone whilst driving is unacceptable but it happens.
Can you see where this is going yet? :unamused:
But ofcourse those crimes don’t make good youtube fodder for the dash cam drama queens like the “”““professional””“” truck driver in his 44 tonner behaving badly.
Go down your local WI or summin and make some cakes FFS.
Have a radox bath and de-stress, you stressed out little munchkin you. :laughing:

Gembo:

Bluey Circles:

Gembo:
Who gives a [zb]!

Texting whilst driving is unacceptable but it happens.
Drink driving is unacceptable but it happens.
Cars tailgating cars is unacceptable but it happens.
Talking on the phone whilst driving is unacceptable but it happens.
Can you see where this is going yet? :unamused:
But ofcourse those crimes don’t make good youtube fodder for the dash cam drama queens like the “”““professional””“” truck driver in his 44 tonner behaving badly.
Go down your local WI or summin and make some cakes FFS.
Have a radox bath and de-stress, you stressed out little munchkin you. :laughing:

Overloading is unacceptable too but it happens; And I can think of another little munchkin getting himself all stressed very recently over that one… :smiley: interesting how more serious we view road crimes when they are due to our bosses and not to us.

Back to this thread, it hasn’t gone the way I had hoped, most have went on the defensive with the finger pointing at other white-line-crime as some sort of justification. Well if we all wait for other road users to behave before we do so ourselves then its never going to happen is it! I don’t see why any element of bad driving can’t be discussed in isolation to others.

I still am curious to the offence of tailgating and how it is defined. The government added tailgating along with lane hogging to the fixed penalty thing a couple of years back as tailgating and lane hogging are two of the most complained about bad driving habits. But I just cannot find a definition of either.

Another idiot armed with a video camera an nothing else to do.

TheYoungTrucker:

what makes you think he or indeed she is an idiot ?

Bluey Circles:
Overloading is unacceptable too but it happens; And I can think of another little munchkin getting himself all stressed very recently over that one… :smiley: interesting how more serious we view road crimes when they are due to our bosses and not to us.

No stress here fella, its my Mrs’s niece with the problem. It causes me no stress whatsoever as I load my own motor every time. I was merely asking advice to take back to her, not going on some stupid one mans crusade “policing” britains bloody roads and whining about everyday ■■■■■■■■. :unamused:
Let me know how it works out for ya.

Bluey Circles:

TheYoungTrucker:

what makes you think he or indeed she is an idiot ?

Well the thing is with these short YouTube clips you never get the whole story, the car may literally have just cut in, and around j10 of the m6 any things possible iv seen sum horrendous car driving in that area, it was about 3 to 4 weeks ago in that same area I was heading north, Sunday evening southbound side, there was a 3 lane tailback for miles, caused by a 5 car pile up, there deadly they’ll speed up slow down cut in cut out, that Birmingham and Wolverhampton area is just deadly.

albion1971:

Gembo:
Who gives a [zb]!

If one of your relatives was mowed down by one of these morons I wonder if you would give a (zb)!!!

The good thing is these clowns will not get away with it much longer.

I very much doubt if a relative would be mown down on a motorway.

If they was I would question why they was walking on the M6