The Sweeney

Today on ITV 4 The sweeney’s on at 12.40, with Reagan being tipped off about a lorry load of cigarettes about to be hijacked.
Be sure to be some classics on show

gunnerheskey:
Today on ITV 4 The sweeney’s on at 12.40, with Reagan being tipped off about a lorry load of cigarettes about to be hijacked.
Be sure to be some classics on show

Is that the one where the bloke driving tries to be Dutch :stuck_out_tongue:

No ! He’s driving a Bedford TK pantechnicon

Did ya see the red transit pick up, with Portas Freight on the side, anyone know of them !

hi gunner,
being a 1970’s kid,for me the sweeney rocks :sunglasses:.that jock’s cafe? in the beginning, is that on the lower part of the a5?watling st.there is another episode where they show a w.g. davies of swansea borderer at heston :sunglasses: .
regartds andrew.

imagesCA0F0NJL.jpg
imagesCAATNRJ6.jpg
imagesCA6NHH5M.jpg
imagesCASI5JQ9.jpg
imagesCA05HX7C.jpg All stills from various Sweeney episodes.
Atki on Heston Servs

pete 359:
hi gunner,
being a 1970’s kid,for me the sweeney rocks :sunglasses:.that jock’s cafe? in the beginning, is that on the lower part of the a5?watling st.there is another episode where they show a w.g. davies of swansea borderer at heston :sunglasses: .
regartds andrew.

Hi Andrew, like me mate i was a 70s kid, the sweeney and proffesionals got some excellent nostalgia in them.
In one proffesionals episode there is one of Cadwalladers Daf 2800s with a flat on.

hope you dont mind me hijacking the thread slightly, but i can remember a police show that was on lates 70’s or early 80’s and in one episode they had a shoot out at the old pops cafe. always remember that as i was looking to see if any castrol wagons were in the background!..any idea of the show?

wirralpete:
hope you dont mind me hijacking the thread slightly, but i can remember a police show that was on lates 70’s or early 80’s and in one episode they had a shoot out at the old pops cafe. always remember that as i was looking to see if any castrol wagons were in the background!..any idea of the show?

HIya…yes i remember that now…you would’nt see any castrol lorries you’d only see the philmac sedaks
on the front row…the castrol ones would be out of site…was’nt the philmac pool championship held in the
pops
John

This old girl was in the New Avengers, Leyland Demonstrater, Viewed from the side it shows that the , full sleeper version of the Marathon had one hell of big cab … :slight_smile:

newaveeps1548xb.jpg

wouldnt know john, dad was usually on a dodgy so would be hitching our way home!.. :laughing:

pete 359:
hi gunner,
regartds andrew.

Jocks cafe is near slough on the A4 colnbrook bypass used to have a revolving door- dunno if still there though

tonyhogi:

pete 359:
hi gunner,
regartds andrew.

Jocks cafe is near slough on the A4 colnbrook bypass used to have a revolving door- dunno if still there though

Hi tony yogi,
Thanks for that.the only one I know of near there that looks similar is called riverside? Or riverbank cafe?maybe that is the reincarnated jocks?
Regards Andrew.

pete 359:

tonyhogi:

pete 359:
hi gunner,
regartds andrew.

Hi tony yogi,
Thanks for that.the only one I know of near there that looks similar is called riverside? Or riverbank cafe?maybe that is the reincarnated jocks?
Regards Andrew.

How you doing Andrew? I went through the revolving door at Jocks cafe many times for my breakfast years gone by, I went past a couple of months ago and its no longer a cafe now. Its funny I saw it on the sweeney this morning as well, brought back a lot of memories of my first big car, a 3 litre Mk 1 granny, man did I have some fun in that car.
The Riverside was half way along the Colnbrook by pass not far from Jocks and I had many breakfasts in there as well, I think my most memorable visit to the Riverside was when Not the nine o clock news were filming the I like trucking sketch, you might remember it. I remember making Pamela Stevenson jump with a good blast on my air horn, man she was hot, especially in those tight hot pants. Regards Pete.

Kingtrucker143:

pete 359:

tonyhogi:

pete 359:
hi gunner,
regartds andrew.

Hi tony yogi,
Regards Andrew.

How you doing Andrew? I went through the revolving door at Jocks cafe many times for my breakfast years gone by, I went past a couple of months ago and its no longer a cafe now. Its funny I saw it on the sweeney this morning as well, brought back a lot of memories of my first big car, a 3 litre Mk 1 granny, man did I have some fun in that car.
The Riverside was half way along the Colnbrook by pass not far from Jocks and I had many breakfasts in there as well, I think my most memorable visit to the Riverside was when Not the nine o clock news were filming the I like trucking sketch, you might remember it. I remember making Pamela Stevenson jump with a good blast on my air horn, man she was hot, especially in those tight hot pants. Regards Pete.

hi pete,
i thought it was you,we are good mate thanks,hope you are too.the sweeney,i could watch it all day.i do remember that not the nine o’clock news sketch.it’s on youtube.i know what you mean about pamela stevenson :sunglasses: .her and kim wilde,helped me through my teenage years :wink: .
regards andrew.

Jack Regan and “The Sweeney”.

My old man (RIP) was a DI in the Sweeney at the same time as this was on TV in the 70`s. Watching Regan on TV was like watching my dad.

IN fact, my old man WAS Jack Regan.!! :sunglasses: Same attitude to “Slags” , “Blaggers” and “Villans”, his bosses, everything.

He drank to much scotch and smoked to many cigarettes, sometimes he even brought his gun home with him, which, when you`re a kid, is a pretty cool thing for your dad to do!! :smiley:

Wouldn’t fit in to well nowadays though, he was never really the “sensitive, understanding” type!! :laughing: :laughing:

Wish we had more like him now a days and not the sensitive, inclusive, PC types that are about now.

bullitt:
Jack Regan and “The Sweeney”. My old man (RIP) was a DI in the Sweeney at the same time as this was on TV in the 70s. Watching Regan on TV was like watching my dad. IN fact, my old man WAS Jack Regan.!! :sunglasses: Same attitude to "Slags" , "Blaggers" and "Villans", his bosses, everything. He drank to much scotch and smoked to many cigarettes, sometimes he even brought his gun home with him, which, when youre a kid, is a pretty cool thing for your dad to do!! :smiley: Wouldn’t fit in to well nowadays though, he was never really the “sensitive, understanding” type!! :laughing: :laughing: Wish we had more like him now a days and not the sensitive, inclusive, PC types that are about now.

Well said there “bullitt” however the worlds moved on a bit,and for the worst I’m sad to say. Bewick.

pete 359:

Kingtrucker143:

pete 359:

tonyhogi:

pete 359:
hi gunner,
regartds andrew.

Hi tony yogi,
Regards Andrew.

hi pete,
i thought it was you,we are good mate thanks,hope you are too.the sweeney,i could watch it all day.i do remember that not the nine o’clock news sketch.it’s on youtube.i know what you mean about pamela stevenson :sunglasses: .her and kim wilde,helped me through my teenage years :wink: .
regards andrew.

and i bet she had bloody boots on. :wink: :wink: :wink:

love this show!
Visiting Fireman is an episode well worth a watch. It was on the other day on ITV4 its from season 3.
There are some nice shots of Ford Transcontinentals in this episode with one having a nice CF tilt on the back. Regan is stood at the door of one talking to the driver in the cab with it started. My dad remembers them looking like that at Polar Ford in Barnsley.
Regan and Carter also make a call on a bloke who sat building an old ERTL International transtar kit, there is some nice Volvo F88 posters on the wall behind him. would love to find some of these, guessing they were through the Volvo Service and parts network.

Merry Christmas to everyone
James

Hi all,
Trucknet on my iPad, the Sweeney on back to Back until 4pm on itv4. Merry Christmas all :laughing:
Regards Andrew.