The Sweeney

pete 359:
Hi all,
Trucknet on my iPad, the Sweeney on back to Back until 4pm on itv4. Merry Christmas all :laughing:
Regards Andrew.

Just done 7 1/2 hours at work now at home feet up watching the very same absolute bliss , for all those who dont like the sweeney … ■■■■ IT !!!

pete 359:

tonyhogi:

pete 359:
hi gunner,
being a 1970’s kid,for me the sweeney rocks :sunglasses:.that jock’s cafe? in the beginning, is that on the lower part of the a5?watling st.there is another episode where they show a w.g. davies of swansea borderer at heston :sunglasses: .
regartds andrew.

Jocks cafe is near slough on the A4 colnbrook bypass used to have a revolving door- dunno if still there though

Hi tony yogi,
Thanks for that.the only one I know of near there that looks similar is called riverside? Or riverbank cafe?maybe that is the reincarnated jocks?
Regards Andrew.

Jock,s Cafe today

gunnerheskey:
No ! He’s driving a Bedford TK pantechnicon

Sweeney TK at Colnbrook.
Sweeney TK.jpg

robroy:

pete 359:

tonyhogi:

pete 359:
hi gunner,
being a 1970’s kid,for me the sweeney rocks :sunglasses:.that jock’s cafe? in the beginning, is that on the lower part of the a5?watling st.there is another episode where they show a w.g. davies of swansea borderer at heston :sunglasses: .
regartds andrew.

Jocks cafe is near slough on the A4 colnbrook bypass used to have a revolving door- dunno if still there though

Hi tony yogi,
Thanks for that.the only one I know of near there that looks similar is called riverside? Or riverbank cafe?maybe that is the reincarnated jocks?
Regards Andrew.

Jock,s Cafe today

That’s the riverside, not Jocks.

Kingtrucker143:

Yeh you,re right mate my mistake, but the Riverside also appeared in a later Sweeney episode titled Nightmare, and before you ask, I HAVE got a life :smiley: :laughing:
Nightmare Riverside cafe.jpg

Riverside again but on Not The Nine-o-clock News

robroy:

Kingtrucker143:

Yeh you,re right mate my mistake, but the Riverside also appeared in a later Sweeney episode titled Nightmare0

…which is the episode mentioned earlier in the thread,where a driver puts on a dodgy Dutch accent.
The load being carried is cigars.

There is an episode of The Sweeney called ‘The Placer’ in which Regan poses as a lorry driver himself.
He infiltrates a gang of hijackers by pretending to be a driver who’s willing to sell his load as long as it looks like a robbery.
He drives a 4-wheel furniture type van.

Davnic:
There is an episode of The Sweeney called ‘The Placer’ in which Regan poses as a lorry driver himself.
He infiltrates a gang of hijackers by pretending to be a driver who’s willing to sell his load as long as it looks like a robbery.
He drives a 4-wheel furniture type van.

imagesCAW89DC0.jpg