The Storm? Your Situation

So where you left out to drive till you could not move anymore or did your company look after you and your welfare by parking you up early or getting you home early till it was all over
If you were looked after then fair play if you were kept going then drive safe

I didn’t have to be a wuss and bug out, we got laid off till monday. If they hadn’t have stepped us down I would have refused anyway as all straw deliveries were going up the A15 which got closed.

Had today at home ,could go to Norwich tomorrow but going to leave it until Monday ,got the A team box set to watch :laughing: ,have put the chickens in the greenhouse for a treat ,there’s a persistent snow drift up the back door ,got both fires roaring ,and 2 wheelbarrows full of logs waiting to be burnt :laughing:

Was out last night, but tipped first thing this morning, about twenty miles from yard. Phoned in for next load, but told to come back to yard and go home. Have to stay home and phone in morning,but probably only loading for Monday :smiley:

Stopped near Newbury then got phone call to stop as one of our drivers had got stuck in our yard and blocked it up

Worked last night,was due in tonight but rang in and half of loads cancelled due to conditions,it’s 28 mile to work so given night off.

Just seen it on local news alert that M62 now been closed in both directions at Huddersfield so worked out alright for me.

Sitting on grid 1950 Holyhead for 2030Stena then they cancelled boats.
Had time to go for 0300 Freight boat Stena Birkenhead.
Office assured me was booked but got there and mess up put on standby.

No bloody room on boat so 9hr rest and left for Cairnryan boats@ 10am this morn.
Got as far as J44 M6 and 75 closed as bad snow plus accident.
Went up M74 and cut south on A709 and got to Dumfries that way.

On 1930Stena Cairnryan now heading for yard and off til Sun night.[emoji41]

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Was supposed to start my 4 days on today but got a call last night saying my opposite driver was stuck out with the wagon so not to bother coming in.
Back in tomorrow but not much on as the sites we visit are struggling with access. We’ll see how it goes…

Stuck home since tuesday where i live in kent has been hit bad so thats that till Monday

Big Truck:
Sitting on grid 1950 Holyhead for 2030Stena then they cancelled boats.
Had time to go for 0300 Freight boat Stena Birkenhead.
Office assured me was booked but got there and mess up put on standby.

No bloody room on boat so 9hr rest and left for Cairnryan boats@ 10am this morn.
Got as far as J44 M6 and 75 closed as bad snow plus accident.
Went up M74 and cut south on A709 and got to Dumfries that way.

On 1930Stena Cairnryan now heading for yard and off til Sun night.[emoji41]

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Think there was a bad one at Mouswald bank this morning . Saw video from one of our guys heading south and it didn’t look pretty . Quite happy to be sat at home with a weeks holidays to use up .

Yorkielad:
Worked last night,was due in tonight but rang in and half of loads cancelled due to conditions,it’s 28 mile to work so given night off.

Just seen it on local news alert that M62 now been closed in both directions at Huddersfield so worked out alright for me.

Supposed to be going there tomorrow, how long they reckon until its open?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

2 rest days so sat in the warm drinking coffee with a tot of Grants ( other brands available)

It’s shut at 24 to 22 and vice versa,it says they are working to clear it as usual diversion route isn’t fit either.
I came over last night loaded and returned back over empty and had no problems,hot in car to go home and it took nearly 3 hours.
As soon as traffic dies down the salts no good and all lanes froze over…

My situation? Just out delivering stuff, pretty similar to what I do every other working day of the year tbh. Sometimes I got held up, sometimes I didn’t. No drama.

All 4 of us parked up in yard by 2pm today. Costing boss good money. I’ve been home today with truck round corner just in case. Told to give up return to yard after dinner and see ya Monday.

Got back from a 5 day gig in Paris yesterday morning, tipped in London and Bucks before 12pm so in the yard until Sunday now.

the maoster:
My situation? Just out delivering stuff, pretty similar to what I do every other working day of the year tbh. Sometimes I got held up, sometimes I didn’t. No drama.

Same here, not been held up anywhere, had to use the diff lock a few times on customers yards and industrial estates that hadn’t been cleared but apart from being more aware of the other numpties on the roads it was business as usual.

Sent home at midday,yesterday.
Can’t see me being back for a while.
Lots of building sites are closed,and our customer is’nt loading any trailers.

commonrail:
Sent home at midday,yesterday.
Can’t see me being back for a while.
Lots of building sites are closed,and our customer is’nt loading any trailers.

There are not that fast when they do load any :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Rentadent:

the maoster:

Same here, not been held up anywhere, had to use the diff lock a few times on customers yards and industrial estates that hadn’t been cleared but apart from being more aware of the other numpties on the roads it was business as usual.

Yep same for me. Only ropey day was yesterday in East Anglia but other than that I’ve missed most of the fun. Monday I was in Somerset/Bristol, Tuesday off, Birmingham/Wolverhampton on Wednesday, Fakenham/Peterborough yesterday and today is Liverpool with a trailer swap in Cannock on the way home so I’ve missed all the real bad areas.