The Storm? Your Situation

Anybody round Pickering? can the pubs hen party get there from Derby. It’s clear to Malton according to the news.

Wheel Nut:
Anybody round Pickering? can the pubs hen party get there from Derby. It’s clear to Malton according to the news.

Be sure to post some pics if they get there and have a good time :laughing: :laughing: :blush: :wink:

Punchy Dan:

Wheel Nut:

Be sure to post some pics if they get there and have a good time :laughing: :laughing: :blush: :wink:

We are not allowed unfortunately but those local lads will be frightened to death. [emoji23]

beefy4605:

Big Truck:
Sitting on grid 1950 Holyhead for 2030Stena then they cancelled boats.
Had time to go for 0300 Freight boat Stena Birkenhead.
Office assured me was booked but got there and mess up put on standby.

No bloody room on boat so 9hr rest and left for Cairnryan boats@ 10am this morn.
Got as far as J44 M6 and 75 closed as bad snow plus accident.
Went up M74 and cut south on A709 and got to Dumfries that way.

On 1930Stena Cairnryan now heading for yard and off til Sun night.[emoji41]

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Think there was a bad one at Mouswald bank this morning . Saw video from one of our guys heading south and it didn’t look pretty . Quite happy to be sat at home with a weeks holidays to use up .

Would you not rather use your holidays in Summer like me but!!![emoji848]

Big Truck:

beefy4605:

Big Truck:

No bloody room on boat so 9hr rest and left for Cairnryan boats@ 10am this morn.

Think there was a bad one at Mouswald bank this morning . Saw video from one of our guys heading south and it didn’t look pretty . Quite happy to be sat at home with a weeks holidays to use up .

Tbf his holiday year might be April to April. Mine is so I’ve just used mine up.

toonsy:

Big Truck:

beefy4605:

Big Truck:

Tbf his holiday year might be April to April. Mine is so I’ve just used mine up.

Yes understand but rather “budget” them for more time off over the Summer than a week in Jan/Feb/March were you canny get over the door of the house!!![emoji3][emoji106]

Punchy Dan:

commonrail:
Sent home at midday,yesterday.
Can’t see me being back for a while.
Lots of building sites are closed,and our customer is’nt loading any trailers.

There are not that fast when they do load any :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

No :laughing:
Expect it will be chaos,when everything is up and running again.

Been driving a sofa at home all week
I’ve ordered the gallon of sunscreen ready for next weeks heatwave

Currently sitting in a lay by near Pompey eating hot x buns drinking tea waiting for the yard to be cleared so I can go back

We were given a choice the last two days, stay till 11 and take a half day holiday . I stayed both days doing odd jobs in the yard finished at 2 but got a full days pay and I decided to take today as a holiday. Our customers are mainly building sites which are all closed due to the weather. so long weekend for me and back at it Monday.

It’s different if it’s building sites, builders merchants or garden centres, but fuel, medical, buses, food, and livestock need moving, the farmer still has to milk, and nurses doctors have to get to work

Headed east along the M4 last night got as far as Cardiff and then turned around and went back to base, more due to the stuck cars and lorries I could see up ahead than the actual snow, at that point I was still reasonably confident at getting further along even though there were no visible lanes only a single lane depicted by compressed snow but I had to also take into consideration that I was heading further into the “red zone” and could only see it getting worse the further east I went, and of course then I’d still have to make it back.

So, I tried, I gave it a good shot, I returned to base undead and undamaged, that’s a win in my book.

Reef:
Headed east along the M4 last night got as far as Cardiff and then turned around and went back to base, more due to the stuck cars and lorries I could see up ahead than the actual snow, at that point I was still reasonably confident at getting further along even though there were no visible lanes only a single lane depicted by compressed snow but I had to also take into consideration that I was heading further into the “red zone” and could only see it getting worse the further east I went, and of course then I’d still have to make it back.

So, I tried, I gave it a good shot, I returned to base undead and undamaged, that’s a win in my book.

What was your firms response to that?

I came westbound in my car and being honest I was more than happy I wasn’t going east as there were several trucks at “interesting” angles on the hill past Sarn Services and I’m pretty sure they were bringing everyone off at J28 and through Newport which was an ice rink.

Out tonight starting at 1am. I’ll see how it goes.

kjw21:
What was your firms response to that?

That I was more than welcome to go home if I wanted, to be fair I wasn’t the only one who turned back there were three that I knew of, though there were a couple of heroes who went on to their destination, but that’s up to them, I’ll do what I can do and am comfortable doing, I know my limits and I’m happy to drive up to them, it’s when people either don’t know their limits or push past them that things tend to go pear shaped pretty darn quickly.

Just have to wait and see if I get paid the full shift now, somehow I doubt it though as the usual requirement is a min 8 hrs (I did 3 1/2 hrs)

kjw21:
Out tonight starting at 1am. I’ll see how it goes.

Best of luck to you I’m off for my 4 now :stuck_out_tongue: