The same drops day after day after night after night

Class 2 doing 12 drops every night … 5 nights a week going to the same place via the same roads … I think I’m about to enter insanity

Time to move on I think.

You get used to it … I’ve done the same two places, week in, week out for nearly three years now. I don’t get bored - all motorways look the same in the dark - and I don’t get lost.

Swings and roundabouts!

I find that tipping up for work to find I am being sent somewhere new puts me a little on edge. Will I find it ok? What’s their tipping / loading procedure? Just minor uncertainty that is at the back of my mind on the way there but invariably goes well leaving a feeling of satisfaction on the way back.

Some days I don’t want the bother and feel great when the destination is a well trodden path with known processes and individuals at each end.

I can imagine how the latter each and every day would do your head in.

Variety is the spice of life!

thetastytrucker:
Class 2 doing 12 drops every night … 5 nights a week going to the same place via the same roads … I think I’m about to enter insanity

Can’t you ask for a different run? I’d just be honest and tell the gaffer i’m getting bored and if he can sort us something out going forward. Don’t ask, don’t get. Another driver might feel the same and swap. Better than leaving if the moneys ok and you get on with the lads?

Asked but there answer is … As we are key holders and its nights we need to know the routes

Route

So you knew all your drops when you started…? :slight_smile:

Noooooooo

Hmm, well it ■■■■■ that your gaffer seemingly isn’t interested in keeping his drivers happy. All you’d have to do is ask a driver that does know your new run for some notes. How hard could it be? You would have been a newb to your current run at some point and I bet you got it done.

The same drop twice in the same week starts to trigger my boredom alarm. Apparently it’s 'cos I’m a Gemini (according to some wizened old trout with a leather head I once met)

I hear ya bro but I can tell you what is boring, not being able to pay your rent/mortgage or the weekly shop and mingling with the sick, lame and lazy at the local Joke Centre.
■■■■ it up, things will change, don’t do anything rash. :smiley:

Thanks Dave I so hope so

So if no one learns anybody elses run what happens for sickness/holiday cover?

For a change do the drops in reverse.Film it for us so we can have a laugh. :open_mouth:

Would do my nut in.

toby1234abc:
For a change do the drops in reverse.Film it for us so we can have a laugh. :open_mouth:

Lol can’t do that as last drop is a timed delivery Lol

FarnboroughBoy11:
Would do my nut in.

It so is

I spent 12 months doing the same run night in night out, the pay was OK but the boredom killed it albeit after 12 months. Could even fit in a 2 hour paid kip every night.

Same poop different day and even started talking to my truck asking her if she really needed me.

Change is as good as rest as they say (variety is the spice of life has already been used).