The old fella that lived about the a14

In case anyone was wondering why we aint seen him for a bit I spotted him a426 heading towards rugby the other day. Still looked plumpish though.

I wonder why he does what he does surely he must be able to get help from somewhere rather than walk about the roads.

I know who you mean mate, nice to know somebody else has spotted him.

Ive seen him at lots of places on the A14 from Bury to Rugby, also seen him on the A43 and A34.

Bloody lunatic if you ask me :slight_smile:

Last October one of our early drivers stopped on the A34 and gave him his new hi viz coat as it was chucking it down and he was wrapped in bin bags…was weird passing somebody walking on the side of the road in a Faccenda jacket :slight_smile:

I thought you meant the bag pipe guy, I’ve not seen this chap. What does he do?

proberbly like travellors(not ■■■■■ travellors but proper travellors) dont like living in 1 place for to long or just want to get out there with no ties or debts to worry about… its like people who decide to travel the world just for the hell of it…

dukeofdirt:

I havent seen the bag pipe guy, wheres he hangout ? whats he do ?

The guy we are talking about is just a tramp that wanders around the A14 - A34, i guess he lives off the land (or out of dustbins) picking up freebies as he goes, the poster above mentioned a jacket he was given, and ive seen him with a LED torch at night.

Cant imagine why he lives like he does but living off the land with no bills to pay does have a certain appeal :slight_smile:
Although i like washing and sleeping in a bed so screw that :slight_smile:

i saw him somewhere nr bury heading west bout 2 weeks ago… not seen the bag pipes guy yet this year,

rockape2620:

dukeofdirt:

I havent seen the bag pipe guy, wheres he hangout ? whats he do ?

The guy we are talking about is just a tramp that wanders around the A14 - A34, i guess he lives off the land (or out of dustbins) picking up freebies as he goes, the poster above mentioned a jacket he was given, and ive seen him with a LED torch at night.

Cant imagine why he lives like he does but living off the land with no bills to pay does have a certain appeal :slight_smile:
Although i like washing and sleeping in a bed so screw that :slight_smile:

The bagpipe guy stands in a field, full kilt and the rest of the gear on, playing the bagpipes only seen him once a few years ago but I still hear stories of people seeing him. I thought I’d imagined it when I saw him.

dukeofdirt:
The bagpipe guy stands in a field, full kilt and the rest of the gear on, playing the bagpipes only seen him once a few years ago but I still hear stories of people seeing him. I thought I’d imagined it when I saw him.

Awesome, i love seeing odd things like that whilst out and about.

There was always a guy in a Picasso parked up on the A14, in the layby where you turn off the A14 at Huntingdon to continue going west, no matter when i passed that layby he was always there, sat there watching the traffic pass, it did my head in so much wondering why he was always there i was tempted to stop in the layby and ask him, never did though.

While im on it theres a guy in a silver Fiesta always parked up at the services at J9 of the M1 at night, he just sits there watching the diesel pumps :question:

Anyone else noticed these or others ?

rockape2620:

dukeofdirt:

Awesome, i love seeing odd things like that whilst out and about.

There was always a guy in a Picasso parked up on the A14, in the layby where you turn off the A14 at Huntingdon to continue going west, no matter when i passed that layby he was always there, sat there watching the traffic pass, it did my head in so much wondering why he was always there i was tempted to stop in the layby and ask him, never did though.

While im on it theres a guy in a silver Fiesta always parked up at the services at J9 of the M1 at night, he just sits there watching the diesel pumps :question:

Anyone else noticed these or others ?

what does the bloke with the fiesta look like?

mickyblue:
what does the bloke with the fiesta look like?

Im not sure what he looks like, i always position myself so that he cant sit there staring at me, and ofc i then cant see him.

Tell me more about the bag-pipe man please. A couple of years ago (maybe a bit more) I saw a bloke on the A40 headed towards Brecon playing the bag-pipes. Might this have been the same person??

Just found this link on google. Doesn’t explain much but it’s still pretty cool eveningstar.co.uk/news/weird … r_1_205192

I used to run out of Bolllington near Macclesfield, if I was heading south the best way was to cut over the tops through leek and to the a50. If I left The yard at about 7 I’d always get stuck behind some old guy in a clapped out red Peugeot 205. He’d do about 10-15 mph through corners where you couldn’t overtake and do about 50mph where could overtake. He used to do sort of a 10 mile loop. I used to get annoyed at first but I started to humor him eventually, even looked forward to getting stuck behind him. He even started letting on when me or one of the other lads got stuck behind him. Never moved over to let us pass though. His car was in ■■■■ state too! Weird old ■■■■■■■■ Takes all sorts though eh?

rockape2620:

I used to workin Huntingdon. We had trucks running past there and he was always writing our reg numbers down.

Gaffer wanted to know why, so told plod he was worried Picasso man was organising a hi-jack. Came back he was just a truck-spotter.

I think he now has a Ford and sits on one of the bridges near St Ives.

Ive not seen bagpipde guy this year, saw him once last year near Cambridge, think i posted on here asking if i had imagined it :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

flying_fenman:

Hang on, it’s not ‘wardg’ who posts photos on here is it?!

any one remember the black guy always dressed in a leopard skin cat suit with matching ribbon weave in his dreadlocks and a tail often hithchig (or trying to) around A12 area about 15 years or so ago. saw him a few times

chester1:
any one remember the black guy always dressed in a leopard skin cat suit with matching ribbon weave in his dreadlocks and a tail often hithchig (or trying to) around A12 area about 15 years or so ago. saw him a few times

Question is… did you ever pick him up :wink:

flying_fenman:
I used to workin Huntingdon. We had trucks running past there and he was always writing our reg numbers down.

Gaffer wanted to know why, so told plod he was worried Picasso man was organising a hi-jack. Came back he was just a truck-spotter.

That is awesome, thanks for putting one of lifes mysteries to bed for me :smiley:

flying_fenman:

rockape2620:

Is that the guy in the Focus that sits on the bridge near the Shell garage?