The North East...

…gonna be taking a drawbar + moffet combi up there in a couple of weeks providing a bit of holiday cover for my firm.

Passed my C+E 6 weeks ago and, despite 10 yrs on rigids, have never been up in the north east in a wagon (about the only part of the country i’m not familiar with).

Am I in for a treat up there or is it nowt special?

While i’m on ere, are there many drivers looking on in that drive a similar set up - i.e. six wheel rigid, plus tri trailer and moffet? Just don’t see many about on these ere roads…

your in for a right treat when you come up to my part of the world…especially as you come from the midlands :wink:…however if your looking for a decent truckstop,secure,safe,and good grub,dont come past the m62,cos there are none up here. :unamused:

How’d u mean Mr Rogers - “A right treat”?

Scenery wise? The endearing locals?

hiabman:

There is a good publication about the lifestyle, a life study of San and Tray and Roger Mellie, Johnny Fartpants and Billy the Fish. :stuck_out_tongue:

hiabman:

the scenery isnt bad(keep away from sunderland)
the endearing locals(keep away from sunderland) will usually do anything for a bag o chips and a ■■■. :wink:
newcastle is a good night out(keep away from sunderland),and you can park more or less in newcastle.
we have local history,like hadrians wall(which should have been built to include sunderland).
and you can get ace fish and chips from the coast(keep away from sunderland).i prefer tynemouth or whitley bay(also good for a night on the lash).
finally,keep away from sunderland if i havent already mentioned it.

buck rogers:
the endearing locals(keep away from sunderland) will usually do anything for a bag o chips and a ■■■. :wink:
newcastle is a good night out(keep away from sunderland),and you can park more or less in newcastle.
we have local history,like hadrians wall(which should have been built to include sunderland).
and you can get ace fish and chips from the coast(keep away from sunderland).i prefer tynemouth or whitley bay(also good for a night on the lash).

Wise words. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Ken.

Avoid that Tadcaster Brown Ale like the plague :imp: :imp:

Saw a poster recently down the local Irish pub in town which says it all:

Newcastle Brown Ale
Brewed in England since 1927

■■■ :imp: :imp:

(The Dog’s been undrinkable for years, mind. Give me a pint of Radgie Gadgie anyday :wink: )

hiabman:

While it may no longer have a truckstop, it is most certainly the most beautiful part of this country, and without question has the friendliest people. Even the mackems can be friendly.

And being a midlander, if you have trouble with the accent, my translation services are available on 07900… :laughing:

Ken.

Northumberland is beautiful, I first stayed there at a Youth Hostel in Kielder when I was about 15, it’s now under 44 billion gallons of water, and I’ve loved it ever since.

buck rogers:

hiabman:

Buck, did you start this

facebook.com/group.php?gid=84721484239

Or are you a member? :wink:

If you visit Hartlepool, you will find the natives intelligent and friendly, so don’t forget to ask them about the monkey :wink:

Harry Monk:
If you visit Hartlepool, you will find the natives intelligent and friendly, so don’t forget to ask them about the monkey :wink:

All together now… :laughing: :laughing:

Harry Monk:

My home town :smiley:

buck rogers:
your in for a right treat when you come up to my part of the world…especially as you come from the midlands :wink:…however if your looking for a decent truckstop,secure,safe,and good grub,dont come past the m62,cos there are none up here. :unamused:

Even though the signs are still up on the motorway for Birtley Truckstop!

zippy!:

buck rogers:

hiabman:

Buck, did you start this

facebook.com/group.php?gid=84721484239

Or are you a member? :wink:

no,i didnt start it…and no im not a member.

BUT I AM NOW :laughing: :laughing:

and this one…

facebook.com/pages/I-bet-thi … 249?ref=ts

garnerlives:
and this one…

facebook.com/pages/I-bet-thi … 249?ref=ts

joined(and i urge you all to do the same).any political party reading this,you will get my vote for ever,if you promise to chainsaw sunderland off the rest of the country(around the a19 will do),and push it off into the north sea,where we can then use it for bombing practice.

I think its a great part of the country, got some family up there.
Oh by the way you cant wear jackets or coats when you are up there! :grimacing:

where abouts in the north east yer going to…or where do yer think you will be night out

hiabman:
…gonna be taking a drawbar + moffet combi up there in a couple of weeks providing a bit of holiday cover for my firm.

Passed my C+E 6 weeks ago and, despite 10 yrs on rigids, have never been up in the north east in a wagon (about the only part of the country i’m not familiar with).

While i’m on ere, are there many drivers looking on in that drive a similar set up - i.e. six wheel rigid, plus tri trailer and moffet? Just don’t see many about on these ere roads…

Plenty good spots to park round sunderland area, keep away from Birtley county of durham
cheers mark