The Nimby post.

Is the UK the only country that is full of Nimbies.
They are against everything,including the following;
Trucks.
Solar panel farms.
Wind turbines in fields.
Wind turbines at sea.
Extending runways.
New container ports.
New this and new that.
If you buy a house near an airport,clue in the name,there will be flying machines.By preventing expansions,trade is lost to modern hubs like Schipol…
If you live by the road,clue again,that means traffic.Buying goods,you have contributed to making that traffic.
If you object to lorries,do not buy anything.And move to Iraq.

Which pressure group did you say you represented?

You cant please all the people all the time. :wink:

would say not, however…Many of us are fed up with constant change, once we get comfortable with a situation/environment someone comes along to change it, so we never quite get true contentment.

So…We will fight against anything that majorly affects our lives or quality of life, because all we really want is a few moments of peace & quiet…Or…We will all go mad.

att:
would say not, however…Many of us are fed up with constant change, once we get comfortable with a situation/environment someone comes along to change it, so we never quite get true contentment.

So…We will fight against anything that majorly affects our lives or quality of life, because all we really want is a few moments of peace & quiet…Or…We will all go mad.

Agreed.

There are numerous problems but the elephant in the room is the (10) million (hmm, more like 7.5 million, apologies) or so immigrants that arrived in the last 15 years…and still coming in torrents.

These people have to be housed somewhere, hence where there might have been a patch of green, allotment or similar there are now housing estates spreading like a cancer, its not just houses, all these people need servicing, everything from food and shops to hospitals to roads to transport, to police and courts and of course their own work if they do any, which may or may not produce tax revenues.

Blair and Mandleson started the mass immigration wave in order to bring in Labour voters and change forever the country they appear to detest, but politicians before, starting with Heath who conned us into the EU, share their part in the blame for setting it all up and allowing all that has happened, and it continues under Cameron the unstoppable flow of people.

The irony is that NIMBY’s, turkey like, just as millions of others, voted for their very own Christmas because they voted in the politicians responsible for this, so they as most here, are to blame for their own misery.

Is there a finer example of national lunacy than voting the same career politicians, (without a genuine principle between them), in every five years, and expect them to do the right thing this or the next time?

Trouble is many people are terrified, and justifiably, to say anything, if an employee in the public sector posted this, and was discovered, their career and social standing would be over, hence they become NIMBY’s and jump up and down at the effects unlimited immigration has had (carefully avoiding any reference to cause) and not the real cause of the problem.

Britain is a pint pot, they have forced a quart into it and they won’t be happy till its standing room only…with them in control.

It’s more a case of people in some parts of the country like here in the South East being pished off with being expected to take more than their fair share of the country’s development while other parts of the country stay like a wilderness.The usual NIMBY accusations being a case of Northerners wanting to keep that situation going to save their own areas from being built on as much as ours have.So if we really must have loads more houses for immigrants and massive airport expansion then put it all in the North in places like North Yorkshire,■■■■■■■ and Northumbria etc because we’ve already taken more than our fair share of it all.

ever heard of bradford carryfast ? or leeds , dewsbury , the list goes on . the whole country is awash with immigrants , you’ll have to put up with your share .

I thought government induced mass immigration started in the 50’s from the Caribbean, due to the lack of manual labourers caused by WW2 ?

What’s the most tenuous acronym you’ve ever heard a NIMBY group call themselves (bless them, they do tend to try a bit too hard to make their initials spell a word)

Add the “I’m against HS2 just because there won’t be a station built near me” idiots to the list.

raymundo:
I thought government induced mass immigration started in the 50’s from the Caribbean, due to the lack of manual labourers caused by WW2 ?

Whoops, don’t tell them that… :smiley:

The French have coped with their TGV or train de grande vitesse.Train of high speed.
Compulsory purchase order on land to build the lines.
It goes by so fast ,you can hardly hear it or blink and you will miss it.

Don’t forget that the main qualification to be a NIMBY is being “consideraablaly richar than yauoo!” :smiley:

No one pulls the ladder up like a Tory-voting, working-class hating monied Daily Mail reader. :angry:

raymundo:

very true. London Transport Went there in the 50’s looking for staff for buses and the tube

“Winseer”/i:
:smiley:

No one pulls the ladder up like a Tory-voting, working-class hating monied Daily Mail reader. :angry:

Indeed, Thatcher couldn’t close grammar schools quickly enough, once she’d taken advantage.

Not needed any more it would appear, our leaders almost exclusively get chosen at the better universities (via the Bullingdon Club fast track) after their exlusive and expensive private educations.

Carryfast:
It’s more a case of people in some parts of the country like here in the South East being pished off with being expected to take more than their fair share of the country’s development while other parts of the country stay like a wilderness.The usual NIMBY accusations being a case of Northerners wanting to keep that situation going to save their own areas from being built on as much as ours have.So if we really must have loads more houses for immigrants and massive airport expansion then put it all in the North in places like North Yorkshire,■■■■■■■ and Northumbria etc because we’ve already taken more than our fair share of it all.

My Dear Carryfast,
The reason there’s so many houses & people in the South East is simple. That’s where the work, the money & the Government millionairs are based. The North is being kept scenic because the beauty of the countryside outside the cities is the only asset they have left after all the work was devastated by successive Governments re-investing the wealth originally generated by the hard working population of the Northern Cities in the south instead of where it was generated.
And breathe…

Juddian:

att:

Agreed.

There are numerous problems but the elephant in the room is the (10) million (hmm, more like 7.5 million, apologies) or so immigrants that arrived in the last 15 years…and still coming in torrents.

These people have to be housed somewhere, hence where there might have been a patch of green, allotment or similar there are now housing estates spreading like a cancer, its not just houses, all these people need servicing, everything from food and shops to hospitals to roads to transport, to police and courts and of course their own work if they do any, which may or may not produce tax revenues.

Blair and Mandleson started the mass immigration wave in order to bring in Labour voters and change forever the country they appear to detest, but politicians before, starting with Heath who conned us into the EU, share their part in the blame for setting it all up and allowing all that has happened, and it continues under Cameron the unstoppable flow of people.

The irony is that NIMBY’s, turkey like, just as millions of others, voted for their very own Christmas because they voted in the politicians responsible for this, so they as most here, are to blame for their own misery.

Is there a finer example of national lunacy than voting the same career politicians, (without a genuine principle between them), in every five years, and expect them to do the right thing this or the next time?

Trouble is many people are terrified, and justifiably, to say anything, if an employee in the public sector posted this, and was discovered, their career and social standing would be over, hence they become NIMBY’s and jump up and down at the effects unlimited immigration has had (carefully avoiding any reference to cause) and not the real cause of the problem.

Britain is a pint pot, they have forced a quart into it and they won’t be happy till its standing room only…with them in control.

Can’t find any holes in that!

rigsby:
ever heard of bradford carryfast ? or leeds , dewsbury , the list goes on . the whole country is awash with immigrants , you’ll have to put up with your share .

I think you missed the reference to ■■■■■■■■■■■■■ Yorkshire and Northumbria amongst other similar virtually untouched Northern wilderness.I think the home counties including those parts of them which now form ‘greater’ london’ have taken a lot more than their fair share over the years unlike the Norf in general.As I’ve said the whole bs NIMBY thing is just a load of Norvenors trying to put all the country’s development in the South East to keep their barren treeless wilderness as it is.

Fat Controller:

Carryfast:

My Dear Carryfast,
The reason there’s so many houses & people in the South East is simple. That’s where the work, the money & the Government millionairs are based. The North is being kept scenic because the beauty of the countryside outside the cities is the only asset they have left after all the work was devastated by successive Governments re-investing the wealth originally generated by the hard working population of the Northern Cities in the south instead of where it was generated.
And breathe…

Next you’ll be trying to tell me that there were/are no working class people in the South East and there were never any coal mines in Kent and that we haven’t had loads of industry wiped out just the same if not worse.Then to add insult to injury we’ve had Norvern MP’s like Prescott telling us the same thing while the zb tried to concrete over what countryside we’ve got left and turning the place into an unsustainable zb hole for it’s residents.Now it’s just a case of Cameron and Clegg trying to do the same thing in the case of wanting to build even more housing and rail and airport capacity to the point where no one with any sense would want to live in the place.Bearing in mind that there’s no such thing as a ‘Nimby’ while the freedom to move away exists.

Carryfast:

rigsby:

I think you missed the reference to ■■■■■■■■■■■■■ Yorkshire and Northumbria amongst other similar virtually untouched Northern wilderness.I think the home counties including those parts of them which now form ‘greater’ london’ have taken a lot more than their fair share over the years unlike the Norf in general.As I’ve said the whole bs NIMBY thing is just a load of Norvenors trying to put all the country’s development in the South East to keep their barren treeless wilderness as it is.

Its good to see you are a well balanced individual ie a chip on both shoulders !

thehairyarsedtrucker:

Carryfast:

rigsby:

Its good to see you are a well balanced individual ie a chip on both shoulders !

No just someone who knows when one area of the country is being taken as mugs by another.

I would like to thank all you suvveners for taking in all the people of the world flocking to this country in search of a better life. It is the main reason you are down there near the channel after all. The longer you keep them away from us oop north the better. God bless you all. :smiley: