The Nimby post.

Slackbladder:
I would like to thank all you suvveners for taking in all the people of the world flocking to this country in search of a better life. It is the main reason you are down there near the channel after all. The longer you keep them away from us oop north the better. God bless you all. :smiley:

Flack jacket applied methinks.

Ken.

It certainly seems like there has been a long term plan to concrete over the entire county of Kent. After all what is it here for? merely as somewhere to dump undesirable residents from London and their brats so as to overstretch our own facilities. Somewhere to build whatever racetrack is need to get all the imports from abroad oop norf, and to enable the ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  up suits to get to and from the channel crossing 20 minutes quicker.

The money men with the Ā£1 note signs rolling round in their eyeballs like a one armed bandit, see every field near a motorway as their own personal property on which to build: a road to rail container terminal, a retail park, or an industrial estate. Every village is a potential site both for some megastore: because ā€™ the brand doesnā€™t have sufficient representation in the areaā€™, even though there is a perfectly adequate competitor next door, and for ā€˜overspill developmentā€™ of housing that most canā€™t afford. Never a mention however, that a condition of this licence to make money ought to be offset by a substantial contribution to upgrade main trunk sewers, road surface and foundations, the electricity distribution network etc, etc- oh no that all comes out of the inhabitants council tax etc. Oh ,and where does the rainfall run off from all this concrete end up? yes thatā€™s right in Joe see you next tuesdayā€™s kitchen and front room.

Meanwhile the suits and the politicians trouser a nice little earner.

Next projects are a new Thames crossing and an international airport - and the sweetener? more jobs for the immigrants building whatever and more reductions in train services to leave slots in the timetable for the super-duper non stop services. Sorry Iā€™m forgetting the benefit of having our towns and back roads jammed solid every time either someone falls over on the motorway or the channel has a hiccup.

So - no, go and stick your plans where the sun donā€™t shine.

cav551:
It certainly seems like there has been a long term plan to concrete over the entire county of Kent. After all what is it here for? merely as somewhere to dump undesirable residents from London and their brats so as to overstretch our own facilities. Somewhere to build whatever racetrack is need to get all the imports from abroad oop norf, and to enable the ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  up suits to get to and from the channel crossing 20 minutes quicker.

The money men with the Ā£1 note signs rolling round in their eyeballs like a one armed bandit, see every field near a motorway as their own personal property on which to build: a road to rail container terminal, a retail park, or an industrial estate. Every village is a potential site both for some megastore: because ā€™ the brand doesnā€™t have sufficient representation in the areaā€™, even though there is a perfectly adequate competitor next door, and for ā€˜overspill developmentā€™ of housing that most canā€™t afford. Never a mention however, that a condition of this licence to make money ought to be offset by a substantial contribution to upgrade main trunk sewers, road surface and foundations, the electricity distribution network etc, etc- oh no that all comes out of the inhabitants council tax etc. Oh ,and where does the rainfall run off from all this concrete end up? yes thatā€™s right in Joe see you next tuesdayā€™s kitchen and front room.

Meanwhile the suits and the politicians trouser a nice little earner.

Next projects are a new Thames crossing and an international airport - and the sweetener? more jobs for the immigrants building whatever and more reductions in train services to leave slots in the timetable for the super-duper non stop services. Sorry Iā€™m forgetting the benefit of having our towns and back roads jammed solid every time either someone falls over on the motorway or the channel has a hiccup.

So - no, go and stick your plans where the sun donā€™t shine.

^ +1

You can add Surrey and Sussex to that.

Yes but look at all the multi cultural diversity we are missing out on up here. Anyway, if you look at a map of the uk as a barrel & you lot are at the bottom, then itā€™s obvious that thatā€™s where all the crap should be. As I was taught at school, do you know why Geordies live up north & cockneys live darn sarf? Because Geordies had the first pick. Haw Haw.

The whole scam will obviously keep working until the point when the South Eastā€™s MPā€™s finally decide that weā€™ve had enough of being seen as mugs.But cockneys are Londoners which is even worse than being Geordies not suvverners and itā€™s dan Saf not darn Sarf. :laughing:

toby1234abc:
Is the UK the only country that is full of Nimbies.
They are against everything,including the following;
Trucks.
Solar panel farms.
Wind turbines in fields.
Wind turbines at sea.
Extending runways.
New container ports.
New this and new that.
If you buy a house near an airport,clue in the name,there will be flying machines.By preventing expansions,trade is lost to modern hubs like Schipolā€¦
If you live by the road,clue again,that means traffic.Buying goods,you have contributed to making that traffic.
If you object to lorries,do not buy anything.And move to Iraq.

This clamping down by the residents of the weight limit on that bridge you where on about is really ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  you off isnā€™t it? :laughing:

Carryfast:
The whole scam will obviously keep working until the point when the South Eastā€™s MPā€™s finally decide that weā€™ve had enough of being seen as mugs.But cockneys are Londoners which is even worse than being Geordies not suvverners and itā€™s dan Saf not darn Sarf. :laughing:

From what Iā€™ve seen most of the south east MPs are from immigrant families anyway so nothing will change anytime soon. Anyone south of the kingdom of Yorkshire is classed as a ā– ā– ā– ā–  a nee up here btw. :wink:

Slackbladder:

Carryfast:

From what Iā€™ve seen most of the south east MPs are from immigrant families anyway so nothing will change anytime soon. Anyone south of the kingdom of Yorkshire is classed as a ā– ā– ā– ā–  a nee up here btw. :wink:

Itā€™s Dan Saf if youā€™re from Kent, and Darn Sarf if youā€™re from Surrey.

ā€œDin Sithā€ on the other hand, might be tatooine for all I know. :smiley:

Nowā€¦ Is TitsOot from Borders, Northumberland, or inner city Newcastle? :unamused:

ā€œThe man who had been killed to death, was pronounced ā€œdeadā€ at the scene.ā€ as opposed to ā€œdeedā€ from north of the border or ā€œdeyaedā€ from south of another border.

biffabacon.jpg
penelope pitstop.jpg

Stop and consider Australia & New Zealand 90% immigrant, some parts of the UK donā€™t suffer immigrants, Iā€™m not sure why.

Just a thought, we have high speed trains from London to Devon, ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  Scotland, Wales we seem to have a lot of people who work in London weekend in Devon, brings in lots of money.

I can say that locally I can only think of one family that would be classed as immigrant they are from Turkey, funny, I had never thought of this, at our doctors everyone is called an English style name.

So if Iā€™ve never voted am I allowed to be politically incorrect ?
Just realised my best mate & my daughter in law have polish surnames, their grandparents were born here. are they immigrants or does immigrant cease if you were born here?

Iā€™m not bothered by immigrants, drug dealers, wind farms, HS2, building of new roads because non of them happen in my back yard.
I love the UK, I think upto now itā€™s been a great place, safe. I think things are going to change, I donā€™t think we will feel so safe in 2 years time. We are allowed to move, trouble is youā€™d need to find a country thatā€™s better than this one.
Switzerland, Denmark, Finland thatā€™s all I can think of.

Mike C; The lorry watch brigade are in the local paper every week bragging how fantastic they are in nicking nasty lorries polluting BOA.
The editor seems to have a permanent hard on by running full page spreads of the brigade with their hi viz and clip boards with digital cameras.
Why does the paper never take the drivers side of the story.
On the Lorry Watch website,they said the road was shut at Melksham and lorries were diverting via BOA.
Bet they had ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  that day.
A young kid wrote to the paper saying about all lorries should be banned and they are nasty and smelly.His parents taught him well.