The MIGHTY Volvo F7

Totally unrelated to this thread I know, but you’ve just thrown a Molotov cocktail into the old memory bank there Trooper. Just out of curiosity, Is Ken Miller still operating ? I remember their yard at Wheelton very well. When I drove for Steetley Transport out of the Ravenhead brickworks at Upholland, my transport manager at the time, Alan Rathbone, was quite pally with Ken, and as the T11 engine in my Leyland Octopus could be somewhat temperamental, it could often be found over their pit, while his time served Leyland mechanic, a cracking bloke called John … Something … I’m sorry, I can’t remember his surname, but I’m sure it’ll come back to me the very second I click onto the submit button. Ashworth, that was his name, got to grips with the problem. I’ve actually got a couple of photos of John working underneath my motor. Anyway, if it was built in Leyland and this guy couldn’t repair it, it’s next port of call would have been George Cohen’s yard.

I remember a few of their drivers, one lived on Pall Mall in Chorley, but I forget his name, another one named Harry lived in Leyland, just off Golden Hill Lane, and there was another bloke called Mick. This lad snapped his leg as he was climbing up onto the trailer in Ravenhead brickworks and his foot went through the skids stacked across the landing leg support brackets.

I’m going back to about 1986 here, so it may have been a bit before your time, or maybe not.

Cheers. Eddie.

Suedehead:

Moose:
If you’re wanting to split hairs yes they are F6’s
They share the same cab as an F7

So did Renault/Saviem,still not an F7 though is it.

and your point is?
I would of thought that they are well worth putting on this tread as they share many parts unlike the other makes that share the club of four cab

greek:

Couple of Interior me on the bunk few yrs ago now

Those pictures of the interior take me back to my teenage years going out with dad during the summer holidays, the interior was like a palace compared to his F86 but I have fond memories of both as I passed my class1 in an F7 (God knows how) and I was given a FL7 so I am abit of a Volvo fan.

Moose:

Suedehead:

Moose:

and your point is?
I would of thought that they are well worth putting on this tread as they share many parts unlike the other makes that share the club of four cab

Its not an F7,

Suedehead:

Moose:

Suedehead:

Moose:

and your point is?

Its not an F7,

I don’t recall anyone saying it was, having owned and operated and repaired Volvos for years I am more than aware of the model range, also like many others on here I like to see the pics and read any info posted about either f6 or 7’s!
if they bother you to the point of nit picking and pointing out the obvious you could have a word with the thread police and have all mention of F6’s moved to another thread for the sake of just over a litre in engine capacity!

Stefan Bloemen:

Good article on this lorry,trailer and driver in the new issue of CLASSIC TRUCK :sunglasses:

just leaving a brilliant day at the retro truck show

This roof rack was kindly sold to me by stefan, he also delivered it to me , a rare find.

buy this copy of classic truck a really good feature , but I would say that .

Late 80s, my trusty old F7 :smiley: Just got her back from a full tart-up, all cab-rust been treated (being a Volvo that was the biggest job :unamused: ), had a night-heater fitted :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: , & a full re-spray, cab curtains missing because they were being washed having had a cab valet thrown in as well :smiley: .Chris

My dads F7 on its first day out.

the same truck at 2 years old.

Me aged 4

2 of London Brick Buildings F7’s

I know it is an F6 or what is left of one!

5815931565_d8f1fec7c5_b.jpg

volvo f6:
I showed my volvo f6 at gaydon , I met Roy miles he was quite taken back when he saw b607 Png he’s sent me some photos when she was new , I told him that I’d been chatting to you , but I didn’t know your name , it’s brilliant knowing all this history , and now it will hopefully stay with the truck forever.

Just seen this post sorry for the time delay. Pleased you met Roy he was a great guy and loves trucks B607PNG has a special place in his heart because it was driven by his late brother Roly and son John. If you see him again tell him it’s Tony, Billy’s son and he’ll know who you mean. [emoji4]

Hi, I’m going to try and get a magazine feature for the f6 it will be great to get all this history in the feature. I hope to see Roy again at gaydon this year so I can get his photo with it , he sent me some photos when it was new which I put in the windscreen at shows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saw this tidy F7 on eBay, would be good to see her saved, :sunglasses: :smiley:

image.jpeg

If I had the room is buy it, just needs a lick of paint

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk