The MIGHTY Volvo F7

My first truck after passing my class 1 21 and living the dream

Has anyone got photos or info on the Chinese six F7s built for shell?
I’m also after truck mag, august 1982 (whole mag or a scan of the article) as there is an article in it on them. Looking at building a scale model of one!
Thanks

richellis78:
I’m also after truck mag, august 1982 (whole mag or a scan of the article) as there is an article in it on them. Looking at building a scale model of one!
Thanks

Off Ebay,

Just joined the site as I’ve decided to take the plunge after 25 years of being out of HGV driving and get back in to it… christ, things have changed! Mid 80’s, The F7 was my ‘own’ unit - although I worked for a general haulage company and they owned it, I looked at it as mine :laughing: . Would often tramp back to base Fridays and if it was late, would pop in saturday mornings off my own back to get the jetwash and polish out. Didn’t like having to use other lads units or trucks if I was told to… just not the same, you know where everything is in your own unit and could customise it somewhat.

I’ve done the medical, got my entitlement back, got the digi card and just have the CPC lark to do next week now. Mixed feelings about it all at the moment as there seems to be a shed load of ‘stuff’ you need to know now.

Hey,

Some weeks ago in Northern Germany, with about 400hp behind it was a bit less. :smiley:

Eric,

1982 Model - 40ft Container Hauler.

Volvo F717012.jpg

Looks like its just come out of the old mans paint shop at South Moor Phil Butler?
Still going Whittfields

Gunnings of Ayrshire Volvo F7

matt watson:
Gunnings of Ayrshire Volvo F7

bet alex miller drove that.

Hi gingo, Alan Lamont was telling me he drove this tanker and said he made a fortune on it then he came to us at p&o.

Cronus:

Blagden experimented with this colour scheme for a while before reverting back to blue. Note the name Rheemco changed to Blagden Packaging. The transport was run from Bristol but I was based at Trafford Park factory. Pics taken in 1989.

We used to run coils to Bristol from port talbot with blue line transport you could only reverse in to tip cheers John

pete smith:

richellis78:
Thanks

Off Ebay,

Commercial motor archives,my dad drove for shell in till 1980s he drove a volvo F7 chinese six on the gas out of early depot in the West Midlands

Express-Auto not far from Le Touquet , later was in a British group.

Richellis78 wrote; Has anyone got photos or info on the Chinese six F7s built for shell?
Thanks Here’s the article Rich bit old in the tooth but should be readable and it shows both sides of the Tractor. Franky.

Ideal truck for car transporters I drove one for a couple of years and I loved it, a bit under powered but not enough to worry about.It was nice and low and so easy to drive and comfortable inside. Plenty of all round vision for blindside reversing.

22.jpg