The latest h&s idea

These knobs in their H&S dept non jobs making x no. of K a year must be runniing out of ideas to justify their existence ny now you would think.
We have drivers walking round their trailers with zimmer frames with orange lights on at plasterbord factories, wearing clown suits, hard hats with ■■■■ great big plastic visors on the front like bike farings, hard hats covered with hi viz covers and now this.
At Travis Perkins tipping, gave him my keys, told to sit in passenger seat (ok not too hard) but instructed to put this over my steering wheel before he could start,…AND he jumped in and checked. :neutral_face:

Scraping the ‘‘desperate ideas’’ barrel or what eh? :laughing:

What are you gonna do? Hot wire it?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

For the next stupid idea what about wearing a safety harness when climbing into cab or onto catwalk.

I would ask for it to be de-flea’d and disinfected before placing it over my steering wheel. [emoji23]

robroy:
At Travis Perkins tipping, gave him my keys, told to sit in passenger seat (ok not too hard) but instructed to put this over my steering wheel before he could start,…AND he jumped in and checked. :neutral_face:

You’re winding us up, right? :open_mouth:

waddy640:
For the next stupid idea what about wearing a safety harness when climbing into cab or onto catwalk.

Oh yeh my flatbed was covered in crap when empty, told I had to sweep from each side not climb on trailer, just pulled outside with his brush and swept as normal, when I returned it he told me in a very serious way that ‘’ I should not have took co. equipment out of gate’'…a ■■■■ brush. :unamused:
Wished I’d nicked the ■■■■ thing now. :smiley:

Rob K:

robroy:

You’re winding us up, right? :open_mouth:

No not at all, last time there was a garden type shed to sit in, so things have improved. :smiley:

robroy:

waddy640:

Oh yeh my flatbed was covered in crap when empty, told I had to sweep from each side not climb on trailer, just pulled outside with his brush and swept as normal, when I returned it he told me in a very serious way that ‘’ I should not have took co. equipment out of gate’'…a [zb] brush. :unamused:
Wished I’d nicked the [zb] thing now. :smiley:

:unamused: You should have shoved it up his arse.

Wheel Nut:
I would ask for it to be de-flea’d and disinfected before placing it over my steering wheel. [emoji23]

Joking apart…You could ask to see the H&S risk assessment regarding the curtailment of infectious diseases and or other communicable bacterium, especially since some bacteria/virus can live off the host for up to 20 minutes, sometimes more if the environment is damp and warm and not smooth…Just like that steering wheel cover, I would be willing to bet that it has more bacteria on it than a pair of underpants…Seriously, that is a step beyond and needs looking into by a microbiologist, in fact they should have a sampling regime and record it daily with the use of swabs.

I would refuse on that basis alone.

Rob K:

robroy:

waddy640:

Oh yeh my flatbed was covered in crap when empty, told I had to sweep from each side not climb on trailer, just pulled outside with his brush and swept as normal, when I returned it he told me in a very serious way that ‘’ I should not have took co. equipment out of gate’'…a [zb] brush. :unamused:

:unamused: You should have shoved it up his arse.

:laughing: :laughing:

Do they have a special cover for any MAN’s that turn up?

robroy:

waddy640:

Travis ■■■■■■■■■■ seem to go out their way to employ helmets that think they have authority.

I reversed about 3 feet to straighten the unit and trailer and Mr Self Importance marched over to tell me “Do NOT reverse without a banksman.”

“Or what?”

“Bluster, bluster, huff puff, you can be banned from site.”

“Ban me then.”

He made a huge show of writing down my reg and all sorts, the sad creep.

You weren’t in Leicester area at this place, were you? That happened at one I think in Leicester, near a low bridge.

not just us , car drivers are getting the same h&s rubbish

I work for tp , December before last I had a half day 12 o clock finish booked for a appointment. I get back to the yard 12.20 and there isn’t a soul to be seen so as im already late I back the wagon approx. 15 feet into a corner so as not to block the yard up. sort card and defect pod, remove my hi viz and change my footwear and set off towards the office with my notes and go home. when the clown (allgedely) in charge appeared and started hollering wheres your ppe !! (I swear he had a stiffy ) your on a disciplinary!!. anyway drop my notes in the tray leave. the following day a number of "charges " were presented (some of which were made up ) and I was told I was suspended (with pay ) while a investigation would take place . four weeks later (in the new year) I was told to attend a meeting at another branch chaired by a manager from yet a different branch. the ppe charges and the iffy others weren’t even given a mention, however the reversing without a banksman was recorded on cctv ( I freely admitted to it anyway) the result being I got a written warning , to be on my file for 12 months . plus my booked and statutory holidays to be reinstated (I already had 4 weeks paid leave ) :smiley: :smiley: . you couldn’t make it up .

syramax:
I work for tp , December before last I had a half day 12 o clock finish booked for a appointment. I get back to the yard 12.20 and there isn’t a soul to be seen so as im already late I back the wagon approx. 15 feet into a corner so as not to block the yard up. sort card and defect pod, remove my hi viz and change my footwear and set off towards the office with my notes and go home. when the clown (allgedely) in charge appeared and started hollering wheres your ppe !! (I swear he had a stiffy ) your on a disciplinary!!. anyway drop my notes in the tray leave. the following day a number of "charges " were presented (some of which were made up ) and I was told I was suspended (with pay ) while a investigation would take place . four weeks later (in the new year) I was told to attend a meeting at another branch chaired by a manager from yet a different branch. the ppe charges and the iffy others weren’t even given a mention, however the reversing without a banksman was recorded on cctv ( I freely admitted to it anyway) the result being I got a written warning , to be on my file for 12 months . plus my booked and statutory holidays to be reinstated (I already had 4 weeks paid leave ) :smiley: :smiley: . you couldn’t make it up .

Of course, the endless Travis Perkins adverts in the “logistics job shop” wanting drivers are purely coincidental… :bulb:

Not whilst I worked on HGV’s but at my previous employer I gave a woman CPR who had had a heart attack and saved her life.

2 years later, yes TWO YEARS, she put a complaint in stating I had ■■■■■■■■ assaulted her by touching her breasts whilst I gave CPR.

I was suspended for 3 weeks on full pay. My boss went round telling everyone now was their chance to get me and to make up statements against me. Good thing my work colleagues were loyal (and reported back to me)

RESULT: I got 3 weeks full pay, 2 weeks holiday reinstated, my D Head or a boss got sacked and the original complainant got forced out before she was sacked.
To think I saved her life as well

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

If you had to do that at Travis Perkins its because several rocket scientist truck drivers were incapable of following basic instructions so they’ve had to resort to that to make it obvious to the thickos.

Every H&S thing done at a firm has usually been brought in as a result of a braindead thicko not applying common sense and the truck driving community is full of bell end braindead retards from top to bottom and its getting worse.

Conor:
If you had to do that at Travis Perkins its because several rocket scientist truck drivers were incapable of following basic instructions so they’ve had to resort to that to make it obvious to the thickos.

Every H&S thing done at a firm has usually been brought in as a result of a braindead thicko not applying common sense and the truck driving community is full of bell end braindead retards from top to bottom and its getting worse.

Not all the time. I once worked for a firm early 1990’s just when all this H&S culture was getting started. We hadnt had an accident in ages but had a new manager start with the all too familiar title these days of H&S Manager. Within days he started sprouting H&S rubbish and made a difficult job nigh on impossible.

When the work output was visibly getting less and less due to his H&S rules we all thought the boss was going to sack him. But no they are like ticks that dig in and are hard to get out. More and more rules came out just to keep himself employed.

I left a couple of years later as I wanted to try different things and 2 years after I left the company went bust. The word on the street was this moron basically choked the small haulage firm to death with H&S bullshine!

Conor:

Other firms seem to survive with much less faff than Travis Perkins, although a steering wheel cover is probably not a bad sort of reminder device.

And are drivers really becoming so bad?

What happens if the driver can’t read English (or simply can’t read)?