The latest h&s idea

Vid:
What happens if the driver can’t read English (or simply can’t read)?

They get a job at stobarts lol

They told me to put one of those on my wheel at TP in Gloucester, I took one look at it (after he’d picked up off the floor) and told him there was no way I was putting that filthy thing on my wheel. Was told I wouldn’t be tipped. His mate soon came over and tipped me anyway saying he wouldn’t put it on his steering wheel either. Making you wear a hard hat while tipping also bugs me, no other person in the yard has to wear one!

Conor:
If you had to do that at Travis Perkins its because several rocket scientist truck drivers were incapable of following basic instructions so they’ve had to resort to that to make it obvious to the thickos.

Every H&S thing done at a firm has usually been brought in as a result of a braindead thicko not applying common sense and the truck driving community is full of bell end braindead retards from top to bottom and its getting worse.

This 100%.

I was tipping at Gill Mill quarry about 2 weeks ago and one of Smiths’ drivers shouted out that he was reporting me to management for not wearing hi viz trousers and for using a hammer and a piece of re-bar for opening the roro bin door. I had to ask when did he actually get concerned with health and safety, as he wasn’t concerned when we worked together on the flour when he got fired for road rage with a cyclist.

H&S is the main reason I left a decent job after 12 years! I just got fed up with the insidious load of crap basically making the job almost impossible to do with some Bell end trying to catch me out just to get brownie points. I was working for wincanton and delivering to all the TP branches as well as brackmills so got the worst of it from both ends.
Having said that ‘drivers’ are probably to blame for not using a bit of common sense and doing stupid things meaning we all have to be dragged down to their ■■■■■■ level [emoji34]

nomiS36:
H&S is the main reason I left a decent job after 12 years! I just got fed up with the insidious load of crap basically making the job almost impossible to do with some Bell end trying to catch me out just to get brownie points. I was working for wincanton and delivering to all the TP branches as well as brackmills so got the worst of it from both ends.
Having said that ‘drivers’ are probably to blame for not using a bit of common sense and doing stupid things meaning we all have to be dragged down to their ■■■■■■ level [emoji34]

Indeed, can the industry not see that they are concentrating the “hard of thought” brigade in their organisations and that anyone with a brain is leaving…It can only go one way.

Whilst I agree that some drivers are prone to putting themselves and sometimes others at risk, there are two sides to the coin. I used to load at two places owned by the same Company. At one you would have to manoeuvre under the supervision of a banksman whilst the forklifts carried on regardless. At the other site I was told, by the forklift driver, that I couldn’t strap the load until loading was complete, the reason being, “supposing I come flying round the corner and don’t see you”

These site operators need to get their own house in order and ensure that everyone complies with H&S rather than just the visitors.

nomiS36:

My experience of Wincanton was the same. Office staff with non jobs used to spy out of the window & then take great delight in pulling you aside because they caught you without your high viz zipped up at the front or other such criminal transgressions. Next day the ‘incident’ would be proudly displayed on the health & safety board with mention of what the heroic office bod did to “make the situation safe” :unamused:

Then you had the driver trainers who parked around the corner spying whilst you were tipping at shops.

Tedious.

Muckaway:
one of Smiths’ drivers shouted out that he was reporting me to management for not…

I ■■■■ hate arse wipes like him with a vengeance. :smiling_imp:

‘‘I’m going to report you’’ :smiling_imp:

‘‘Well here’s my name and no to make it a bit easier for you, …you ■■■■, shove it, and blow it out of your ■■■■ arse’’

Nosey ■■■■ tossers! :unamused: :smiling_imp:

Not H&S, but “green” in this case: One of our older drivers has the same regular run - He starts around 10am, drives a Sprinter van to make a couple of deliveries then goes to the company’s manufacturing base in Norfolk where he waits for his backload of (medical, chilled) product. He often has to wait an hour or more while the order is assembled then brought out to his van. So the other day he’s sitting there with the engine idling and one of the pointy-shoe brigade comes out to him and starts chatting to him, then reaches into his cab and turns off the engine. “Just doing our bit for the environment,” he says. “Well done,” says our driver, “you’ve just turned the fridge off…”

Roymondo:
Not H&S, but “green” in this case: One of our older drivers has the same regular run - He starts around 10am, drives a Sprinter van to make a couple of deliveries then goes to the company’s manufacturing base in Norfolk where he waits for his backload of (medical, chilled) product. He often has to wait an hour or more while the order is assembled then brought out to his van. So the other day he’s sitting there with the engine idling and one of the pointy-shoe brigade comes out to him and starts chatting to him, then reaches into his cab and turns off the engine. “Just doing our bit for the environment,” he says. “Well done,” says our driver, “you’ve just turned the fridge off…”

That figures, my comment above relates to a Company in Norfolk.

stuwozere1:
What are you gonna do? Hot wire it?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

No - ‘you’ are gonna give him some spare keys so that you can run the radio or just to be bloody minded. These rules come in because they have to cater for the terminally stupid.

Santa:

stuwozere1:

No - ‘you’ are gonna give him some spare keys so that you can run the radio or just to be bloody minded. These rules come in because they have to cater for the terminally stupid.

Don’t need keys to operate the radio in any lorry I’ve driven in the past decade or so.

Roymondo:

[emoji23]

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Santa:

stuwozere1:

I remember as a newbie in the 90’s we used to do Tesco magor a lot. They used to have the hand your keys in when you were on a bay so we used to carry random spare truck keys from trucks that were no longer on the fleet and hand those in.

robroy:

Muckaway:
one of Smiths’ drivers shouted out that he was reporting me to management for not…

I [zb] hate arse wipes like him with a vengeance. :smiling_imp:

‘‘I’m going to report you’’ :smiling_imp:

‘‘Well here’s my name and no to make it a bit easier for you, …you [zb], shove it, and blow it out of your [zb] arse’’

Nosey [zb] tossers! :unamused: :smiling_imp:

Yep nothing I detest more than these busybody drivers who think they are feathering their own nest by brown nosing the bosses.

Just the other day whilst discussing ■■■■■■ relations with a like minded colleague the resident friendly fire candidate spots us and scuttles over pointing at my boots saying “are they steel toe capped as I have to report anyone with no safety boots”.

Anyway after instinctively reaching for my gun which unfortunately I didn’t have on me I informed this advert for contraception that they where indeed steel toe capped whilst politely asking him to go forth and multiply.

Trueish story…

robroy:
These knobs in their H&S dept non jobs making x no. of K a year must be runniing out of ideas to justify their existence ny now you would think.
We have drivers walking round their trailers with zimmer frames with orange lights on at plasterbord factories, wearing clown suits, hard hats with [zb] great big plastic visors on the front like bike farings, hard hats covered with hi viz covers and now this.
At Travis Perkins tipping, gave him my keys, told to sit in passenger seat (ok not too hard) but instructed to put this over my steering wheel before he could start,…AND he jumped in and checked. :neutral_face:

Scraping the ‘‘desperate ideas’’ barrel or what eh? :laughing:

Haha rob I was given one of them at SIG a few weeks back…looks like it’s catching on then

Kind of On Topic …
Bought a door from B&Q a few weeks back & asked if they cut wood in-store ?, yes we do and its over there.
Morning just bought this and can you take aroung 4/5 mm of the bottom please ?, he looks at it and tells me he needs to check with big sir (WTF)
No sorry but big sir says its more that are jobs are worth as cutting that is a fire hazard, but its wood is it not I ask, yes sir but that is treated wood & that is the problem ?
Ok but treated with what ?, its just a narrow louvre pine door as far as I can see … left it with him and never took it through the till.