The Irish

So we all have our own version of what we think about Irish lorries. A friend of mine got a job working for one and all the stories of running bent ect became a reality. So my question to you guys is this. Can the all be the same or do some of you work for a decent Irish firm. I have heard of one that is quite laid back but bays buttons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All them fancy trucks dont pay for themselves yaknow.

pickandmix:
So we all have our own version of what we think about Irish lorries. A friend of mine got a job working for one and all the stories of running bent ect became a reality. So my question to you guys is this. Can the all be the same or do some of you work for a decent Irish firm. I have heard of one that is quite laid back but bays buttons

No, there is not one single Irish haulier who runs legal, not one single one.

:unamused:

A.

Adonis.:

pickandmix:

A.

My thoughts as well :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Adonis.:

pickandmix:

A.

To be sure to be sure…

pickandmix:

Catch yourself on

i think there are a few legal ones, but as said, pays a lot less than the others, just got to remember, that its your licence and not theirs, drivers are after all 10 a penny. :wink: :wink:

Aye, catch yerself on, they’re all the forken same so dey arrr.
:smiley:

Love a nice tarmac driveway/tree surgery/burglars/vandals/blarney stone :wink:

I tried the ’ grabbing scene ’ once, ended up with Mrs B. This was a number of years ago before her arse lived in a different postcode to her torso.

Now I run a bloody mile when she tries to grab me :frowning:

apart from the few major players that now have to run legal,then irrespective of whether you mean the paddys in the south,or the northern ireland troops,then the answer is…yes,they all run bent,its only a question of by what degree…i know its fri night,but trolling like this is no fun when its too easy…the norm here is similar to the fun to be had in 1980…its all how you want to play with the wires,and magnets.( not forgetting the bulgarian black boxes that dont work…(allegedly) :wink:

its in the blood from day 1

youtube.com/watch?v=Cm82ATd … BQ&index=5

youtube.com/watch?v=rC6NYv5 … 0MB6alHxBQ

this dude does NOT work for morgans… :smiley:

youtube.com/watch?v=lOIJzo4 … 0MB6alHxBQ

Because an english firm would never run bent

dieseldog999:
apart from the few major players that now have to run legal,then irrespective of whether you mean the paddys in the south,or the northern ireland troops,then the answer is…yes,they all run bent,its only a question of by what degree…i know its fri night,but trolling like this is no fun when its too easy…the norm here is similar to the fun to be had in 1980…its all how you want to play with the wires,and magnets.( not forgetting the bulgarian black boxes that dont work…(allegedly) :wink:

Its not running bent its just a variable interpretation of the ‘rules’ and these are made to be broken… :grimacing:

The intention to run legal is certainly there amoung all irish hauliers large and small, the biggest offenders nowadays are the subbys for sum of the fridge operaters from the north. Im currently doin europe for a small family outfit iv never been asked to break the law, stopped 3 times already this year by vosa the lastest been tuesday night at buckley, never had a problem, the moneys not in it anymore to run bent, those that are, are only kidding themselves.

TheYoungTrucker:
The intention to run legal is certainly there amoung all irish hauliers large and small, the biggest offenders nowadays are the subbys for sum of the fridge operaters from the north. Im currently doin europe for a small family outfit iv never been asked to break the law, stopped 3 times already this year by vosa the lastest been tuesday night at buckley, never had a problem, the moneys not in it anymore to run bent, those that are, are only kidding themselves.

Needs to be a definition of “irish” i:e yellow plate nordys & “staying in the eu irish”

shouldnt be long now before this turns into another catholic/proddy,north,south,ireland is irish and northern irish is british pointless thread hijack being a perfect example of why ireland north and south will remain in the timewarp its aways been…being neutral myself,then i belive jimmy carr hit the nail on the head when he performed at dublin and has the crowd in a standing uproar within the first few mins…with the immortal words

…i think ireland both north and south should be under the one rule…the queen…

if your not concerned with geography,then the island is ireland to the rest of the world that dont know or care,except for the part that is northern ireland which apparently is britain,british,british islands,united kingdom etcetc…thats why they gave it a BT postcode…British Territory.its only the ones on each side over here that are bothered about it,and theres not so many of them nowadays compared to what it used to be like… i do love a good pointless debate myself. so hijack the thread for a while till someone else clicks on and locks it again… :slight_smile: .

Very rare for any irish firm to run bent going across the water now and a lot of the drivers working for the big irish truck companys are british from n/ireland and uk, if your into it the job is a walk in the park now 9 hours drive and stop

Irish_neris:

Of course they do but the Irish have a reputation for it that’s why I ask

pickandmix:

Irish_neris:

Of course they do but the Irish have a reputation for it that’s why I ask

Get yourself on a main road leading to a ferry port. Drive at 88kph. Now count how many trucks of different nationalities you overtake, and how many overtake you. If you overtake next to none of any particular country, but get lots of them flying past you, then its easy to see how a reputation is won. Speed limiters arent everything, but do drop a few hints about the “Corporate Ethos” of those going that way.