the good old days

4/5/6 hrs sat in the canteen waiting for a truck , as always I’m sure my work will be planned accordingly , not

You’re getting paid to ■■■■ about on the internet the same amount as your colleagues who are pulling their hair out at the usual Monday morning traffic jams. You’ll have a maximum of half a shift left when you finally park your arse in a lorry. Personally I’d call that a win win situation.

^^^^^^
Exactly !.
Just because you aint sat in a truck you have still started your shift…(unless you’re daft enough to start a 13 hour when you get your keys that is)

robroy:
^^^^^^
Exactly !.
Just because you aint sat in a truck you have still started your shift…(unless you’re daft enough to start a 13 hour when you get your keys that is)

13hrs?!..they won’t give him a short day on a Monday :laughing:

Are you sure there going to pay you, make sure you get your timesheet signed,or you’ll be doing a 15 on the card, and not payed for sitting on your ■■■■.

Started at 0500, drove 4hrs been sat watching films since, happy days…

So maybe we are just trying to wind Dozy up, but hanging around in a canteen or RDC waiting room for hours on end with the tacho/ manual entry recording break or POA, does not leave anyone fit and ready to go out and work for 6hrs or drive for 4.1/2 hrs straight off because it’s OK to do so. Even more so if there is then pressure applied because the computer says that it is still possible to make the rebooked delivery time/ get the lorry back to the yard. Factor in a wee small hours get out of bed unecessarily and anyone is rightly ■■■■■■ off.

You’re on duty so need paying. A Manuel entry when you get in the truck will sort it out on the card.

… ¿Que?

the maoster:
You’re getting paid to ■■■■ about on the internet the same amount as your colleagues who are pulling their hair out at the usual Monday morning traffic jams. You’ll have a maximum of half a shift left when you finally park your arse in a lorry. Personally I’d call that a win win situation.

my life doesn’t zb revolve around money I’d rather stay in bloody
bed than sit in a bloody canteen , and as for my colleagues after 6 hrs they’d of done there 1 trailer change and be about 2 hrs from the bloody yard from what I read on here / and my mates keep telling me :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

robroy:
^^^^^^
Exactly !.

reply as above

cav551:
So maybe we are just trying to wind Dozy up, but hanging around in a canteen or RDC waiting room for hours on end with the tacho/ manual entry recording break or POA, does not leave anyone fit and ready to go out and work for 6hrs or drive for 4.1/2 hrs straight off because it’s OK to do so. Even more so if there is then pressure applied because the computer says that it is still possible to make the rebooked delivery time/ get the lorry back to the yard. Factor in a wee small hours get out of bed unecessarily and anyone is rightly ■■■■■■ off.

I agree , I’ve still got to go to Barton under needlewood , grave send , rugby , portmouth in 1/2 a shift whilst from what I gather the vast majority of the rest of the drivers get a full shift to do a trailer change in :unamused: :smiling_imp: , I’m sure if the other
drivers had spent 1/2 a shift in the canteen they’d get signed up and spend the rest
of the day on the sun lounger in the sun at home .
it’s shameful to treat a old man like this , years ago we had respect for our elders :exclamation: :unamused: :smiling_imp: not now obviously .

xichrisxi:

robroy:
^^^^^^
Exactly !.

13hrs?!..they won’t give him a short day on a Monday :laughing:

they don’t give me a short day any day, I’m not one of the blue eyed 99.9 % of the depot / esl drivers , 1 trailer change in a bloody shift, I tesco store , bloody ■■■■ take :unamused:

biggriffin:
Are you sure there going to pay you, make sure you get your timesheet signed,or you’ll be doing a 15 on the card, and not payed for sitting on your ■■■■.

Started at 0500, drove 4hrs been sat watching films since, happy days…

God knows , you don’t get a pay slip anymore , it’s online and I’ve never got my- drive to work on my phone so unless my
girl does it on here phone / sends it to me it I’ve just got to take what the bank statement as gospel , I’m sure there robbing me blind but what can you do :frowning:

I thought you had an allocated truck dozy because you left it in services Friday night and went home? So why are you sat round waiting for it? Don’t tell me they plan trampers alllocated units to go out when that driver is due in for the week?

i work at Newark done Goole Lutterworth Goole back home in sun after 9 hrs :smiley: .

dozy:

cav551:

I agree , I’ve still got to go to Barton under needlewood , grave send , rugby , portmouth in 1/2 a shift whilst from what I gather the vast majority of the rest of the drivers get a full shift to do a trailer change in :unamused: :smiling_imp: , I’m sure if the other
drivers had spent 1/2 a shift in the canteen they’d get signed up and spend the rest
it’s shameful to treat a old man like this , years ago we had respect for our elders :exclamation: :unamused: :smiling_imp: not now obviously .

Now YOU are taking the ■■■■. So, starting from somewhere near to Goole isn’t it? to Barton under Needlewood (never heard of, it sorry Black Country lads) and Gravesend would see me done for the day in 13 hrs let alone 1/2 a shift. That would be I’m guessing back to Rugby for another delivery to Portsmouth which would get done the next day - except I don’t do nights out so it would more likely be Barton and back home again, or Barton and into Rugby for somewhere near to Goole, which might well just get run back into the yard.

DickyNick:
I thought you had an allocated truck dozy because you left it in services Friday night and went home? So why are you sat round waiting for it? Don’t tell me they plan trampers alllocated units to go out when that driver is due in for the week?

yes it goes out most weekends, but was in for service this weekend and for whatever reason didn’t get back for my starting time

pawel66:
i work at Newark done Goole Lutterworth Goole back home in sun after 9 hrs :smiley: .

yes I know , it’s a zb pis stake , you should be embarrassed a 57 yr old man has to do extra work to pay all your wages :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

cav551:

dozy:

cav551:

Now YOU are taking the ■■■■■ So, starting from somewhere near to Goole isn’t it? to Barton under Needlewood (never heard of, it sorry Black Country lads) and Gravesend would see me done for the day in 13 hrs let alone 1/2 a shift. That would be I’m guessing back to Rugby for another delivery to Portsmouth which would get done the next day - except I don’t do nights out so it would more likely be Barton and back home again, or Barton and into Rugby for somewhere near to Goole, which might well just get run back into the yard.

yea well looking at this lit before dartford crossing I’ll be suprised if I get to grave send

dozy:

the maoster:

my life doesn’t zb revolve around money I’d rather stay in bloody
bed than sit in a bloody canteen , and as for my colleagues after 6 hrs they’d of done there 1 trailer change and be about 2 hrs from the bloody yard from what I read on here / and my mates keep telling me :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Ok sorted then, if your life ‘‘doesn’t ■■■■ revolve around money’’ why are you working for that shower of ■■■■ that continually humiliate and take the ■■■■ out of you??
Get a job with fewer hours that pays less, there are plenty builder’s merchants and the like that do 8 to 10 hours a day, start time finish time…and you are home every night.

You’re welcome. :sunglasses:

Stop whining like a baby and leave if you don’t like it.

I love being paid to do nothing. I read, I catch up with friends, and I use it as my pleasure time.

You keep complaining and do nothing. It’s pathetic. I’m sorry to be so blunt - but life is too short to just spend it whining,