the good old days

sammym:
Stop whining like a baby and leave if you don’t like it.

I love being paid to do nothing. I read, I catch up with friends, and I use it as my pleasure time.

You keep complaining and do nothing. It’s pathetic. I’m sorry to be so blunt - but life is too short to just spend it whining,

Spot on,he’s constantly telling us he doesn’t need the money blah blah blah but puts up with an incredible amount of crap…if he didn’t need the money any normal person would jack it in yesterday.
I was surprised when he told the class he was in his 50s,from his posts I’ve always assumed he was a newly passed,didn’t know better,keen as mustard new member to the trucking community.

There’s comes a time though where you get fed up of waiting though surely?

I done my one drop in Central London then headed out to High Wycombe for my scheduled collection but it wouldn’t be ready until 3pm so had a good few hours in a layby thinking this is great I’ll get paid to get my head down but after four hours I was pulling what’s left of my hair out lol

sammym:

I love being paid to do nothing. I read, I catch up with friends, and I use it as my pleasure time.

You keep complaining and do nothing. It’s pathetic. I’m sorry to be so blunt - but life is too short to just spend it whining,

but I’d rather stay in bed for 6 hrs unlike you would rather sit in a works canteen reading a book for 6 hrs :exclamation: :exclamation:

Dozy, try being without a truck due to MOT and sorting rubbish in a transfer station, breathing in dust and being covered in it. Utterly soul destroying, feels like community service.

toonsy:
There’s comes a time though where you get fed up of waiting though surely?

I done my one drop in Central London then headed out to High Wycombe for my scheduled collection but it wouldn’t be ready until 3pm so had a good few hours in a layby thinking this is great I’ll get paid to get my head down but after four hours I was pulling what’s left of my hair out lol

yes your like me , want to get going and home , unlike these who think works canteens , lay-bys & God knows where else are wonderful places to be , stick in a book and they’d rather be there than at home , God zb help us

I think Ol’ Merrydown is pulling our legs. I bet his rant last Friday at 3pm was posted from a picturesque pub beer garden somewhere in rural Lincolnshire where he was relaxing and enjoying the weather with his lovely wife. Nice wind-up Ady, you got us good! :smiley:

Rob K:
I think Ol’ Merrydown is pulling our legs. I bet his rant last Friday at 3pm was posted from a picturesque pub beer garden somewhere in rural Lincolnshire where he was relaxing and enjoying the weather with his lovely wife. Nice wind-up Ady, you got us good! :smiley:

rob I would of been down the pub if I’d of done what I first intended which was get in the car with the Mrs , drop the Lorry keys off at work , get my car and go home , but planners , there’s 2 drivers here , van , be with you in no time and you can then get your car just sounded as easy ( saved the Mrs driving up to work ) , but I’d not counted on the 2 drivers ( not so sure drivers is the right word ) getting lost and taking 1 1/2 to do a 20 min journey , then of course I chucked dummy out of pram and chucked the keys at them and went home with Mrs which then was worse really as I had to fetch car sat .
i guess it is hard to believe , because you’ll not here it from the vast majority of esl drivers as they think running in on a Sat morn for £30 is like winning the zb lottery :unamused: , yes , yes I’ll spend a night at gonerby services when I only live 10 mins away :unamused: , bring a empty tri down then I can do some hours on sat :unamused: , so there you go rob , I won’t run in , I won’t spend 11 hrs out fri night 10 mins from my house , and I don’t want extra shifts as 70 hrs is enough,
. and it cost me £150 in clothes as the lovely wife said while we’re at Newark we might as well have a walk round the shops (I’m not moaning as she got it in the head at the services even though she’d just come down to get me but I was zb raging with the depot / planner and them 2 clowns .

dozy:
I’d rather stay in bloody
bed than sit in a bloody canteen

Wouldn’t we all? I have however re read your op a number of times and nowhere could I see that that option was offered to you by ESL. What they did offer you though was payment for doing sweet FA for a few hours. I’ll give you a little tip that just may keep you out of the cardiac ward a while longer grasshopper; the path to true enlightenment lies in changing the things one can change and accepting the things that one cannot.

In other words, take the money, ■■■■ it up and stop whining. Unless of course you are prepared to actually carry out your cry wolf threat of actually leaving Stobbies?

dozy:
rob I would of been down the pub if I’d of done what I first intended which was get in the car with the Mrs , drop the Lorry keys off at work

And this is EXACTLY why they keep treating you as they do,think about it they push you beyond your limit and the worse they expect from you is for you to leave the wagon there and drop the keys off for them…Have a think about how you are actually approaching the situation.

dozy:

Rob K:

rob I would of been down the pub if I’d of done what I first intended which was get in the car with the Mrs , drop the Lorry keys off at work , get my car and go home , but planners , there’s 2 drivers here , van , be with you in no time and you can then get your car just sounded as easy ( saved the Mrs driving up to work ) , but I’d not counted on the 2 drivers ( not so sure drivers is the right word ) getting lost and taking 1 1/2 to do a 20 min journey , then of course I chucked dummy out of pram and chucked the keys at them and went home with Mrs which then was worse really as I had to fetch car sat .
i guess it is hard to believe , because you’ll not here it from the vast majority of esl drivers as they think running in on a Sat morn for £30 is like winning the zb lottery :unamused: , yes , yes I’ll spend a night at gonerby services when I only live 10 mins away :unamused: , bring a empty tri down then I can do some hours on sat :unamused: , so there you go rob , I won’t run in , I won’t spend 11 hrs out fri night 10 mins from my house , and I don’t want extra shifts as 70 hrs is enough,
. and it cost me £150 in clothes as the lovely wife said while we’re at Newark we might as well have a walk round the shops (I’m not moaning as she got it in the head at the services even though she’d just come down to get me but I was zb raging with the depot / planner and them 2 clowns .

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I’m not sure which is funnier :

1. your already ruined weekend was further ruined by your wife fleecing you out of £150 for some new togs :smiley: which wouldn’t have happened if you’d told your planner that you’d be too tight on time to do the Ashford collection, or
  2. you actually believed your planner when he told you that 2 drivers were already on their way :smiley: . Are you sure you’ve not just passed your test and are new to the job? :unamused: Anyone that’s been doing tramping work for more than 5 mins knows the “there’s a driver on his way” line is a crock of [zb]. They tell you that so that you think you’ll be on your way home in half an hour. The reality is that they haven’t got anyone available to come out at all and they only start working on it once you’ve stopped and ring in to say your time is up. Other drivers that have just finished their shift will wander into the office over the course of the next hour or so and they’ll be asked if they want any overtime. If they do then that’s your recovery sorted. If they don’t, well you can sit there are stew a bit longer until it reaches the point where they’re forced to send the next driver that walks in the door because you’re screaming at them down the phone.

I bet you haven’t rung round any of the jobs today either, and nor have you put in your notice at Stobrats. It’ll be the same story again this Friday and you’ll be on here ranting that you’re stuck on the M25 with only 30 mins left all because you didn’t have the balls to say no to your planner when he sent you into London for a collection at lunchtime.

the maoster:

dozy:
I’d rather stay in bloody
bed than sit in a bloody canteen

Wouldn’t we all? I have however re read your op a number of times and nowhere could I see that that option was offered to you by ESL. What they did offer you though was payment for doing sweet FA for a few hours. I’ll give you a little tip that just may keep you out of the cardiac ward a while longer grasshopper; the path to true enlightenment lies in changing the things one can change and accepting the things that one cannot.

In other words, take theshould money, ■■■■ it up and stop whining. Unless of course you are prepared to actually carry out your cry wolf threat of actually leaving Stobbies?

but the option could of and should of , if you know truck is in for a service and it won’t be back then why not txt the driver and say don’t come in for x y z hours as your truck isn’t ready , easy isn’t it .
but they won’t do that because they think everyone wants to sit in a works canteen reading a bloody book for hour after hour which is strange as we’ve always drivers bleating about sitting in rdc etc waiting rooms :exclamation: :exclamation:
anyway I ( after Mrs getting me a application ) have applied for a job as a porter at Grantham hospital , if I get that it will do me for the 3 yrs until I retire , that’s what I need , not a change of job but a change of career , or direction

robroy:

dozy:

the maoster:
You’re getting paid to ■■■■ about on the internet the same amount as your colleagues who are pulling their hair out at the usual Monday morning traffic jams. You’ll have a maximum of half a shift left when you finally park your arse in a lorry. Personally I’d call that a win win situation.

my life doesn’t zb revolve around money I’d rather stay in bloody
bed than sit in a bloody canteen , and as for my colleagues after 6 hrs they’d of done there 1 trailer change and be about 2 hrs from the bloody yard from what I read on here / and my mates keep telling me :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Ok sorted then, if your life ‘‘doesn’t [zb] revolve around money’’ why are you working for that shower of [zb] that continually humiliate and take the ■■■■ out of you??
Get a job with fewer hours that pays less, there are plenty builder’s merchants and the like that do 8 to 10 hours a day, start time finish time…and you are home every night.

You’re welcome. :sunglasses:

thanks but as my Mrs said , do something different , so I’ve applied for a porters job at hospital , hopefully I’ll get that and you can have some peace :wink: :laughing:

dozy:

sammym:

but I’d rather stay in bed for 6 hrs unlike you would rather sit in a works canteen reading a book for 6 hrs :exclamation: :exclamation:

Dozy - you are being paid. I drive a truck to earn some money. I like the money and don’t do it for the love of it. Although I have to say I do generally find it enjoyable. Partly because I say no to any jobs I don’t fancy and don’t go back to those that were rubbish.

Does it matter if you are being paid to sit on cruise control? Sit in traffic? Or sit in a canteen? You are still being paid.

If you want to spend more time in bed jack it in and go and work through an agency… You can pick which days you work like I do. You can tell the agency to get you a new client if you don’t like it. You can even decide to take as much time off as you want or can afford. You are 100% a better driver than me. You are more experienced. You are more valuable to an agency - so if I can do it you sure as hell can do.

To top it off… You could probably work 4 days a week with all the nights at home with your Mrs and still take home more money. So you’d have more time in bed.

Dance…

Lil puppy…DANCE!

yap yap yap

Porters job OMG what can possibly go wrong, youl still be out Friday night with a ridiculous collection of Mrs Miggins for her hystericalrhectomy operation when she is the wrong end of the hospital.

All the other porters will be just doing trolley swaps while they let you do all the work… :wink:

Dipper_Dave:
Porters job OMG what can possibly go wrong, youl still be out Friday night with a ridiculous collection of Mrs Miggins for her hystericalrhectomy operation when she is the wrong end of the hospital.

All the other porters will be just doing trolley swaps while they let you do all the work… :wink:

good Dave , very good , trolley swaps :wink: :laughing: , I’ll miss you when I’m on the porters forum having a good winge :wink:

Back when I was on agency in North London 8 hours spent at in Iceland canteen because there were no trucks or in summer the crap fridges couldn’t get temp down was seen as a good day as then we could head off for a second (or occasional third :wink: )shift elsewhere. Good times, good times indeed

dozy:
I’ll miss you when I’m on the porters forum having a good winge :wink:

I need to talk with my superiors about this but I can’t help but feel obligated to pre-warn PortersNetUK of the impending onslaught of doziness, it’s like a professional courtesy kind of thing…

Starting salary is about 14k doze. 7.80 hour (min wage) for a night porter.
Oh, but you said your life didn’t revolve around money didn’t you.
Sounds a bit drastic mate, surely a van driver must be on more than that, and a better proposition.

Dozy you won’t apply anyway.

In a few days we will read about next Friday ■■■■ up.

Be happy you get £9 per or more on night rate hour for sitting around.
Ok it’s not the best rate but others get a salary of around £30.000 and have to work 71 hrs per week, every week, no o/t rate, no early starting rate, no night rate either + rush rush rush, 3-4 collections and deliveries, all curtainsider work.
If you compare that with your rate you will soon find out that you got the better end of the stick.

And if I were you and would be sitting in a canteen for up to 6 hrs, I would work as much as can be achieved for this day, but I wouldn’t rush around like a maniac on duracell batteries, to get all the jobs done in 1/2 shift what is planned for a full shift. To be honest sometimes I only get half or a quarter of the workload done in 15 hrs, due to traffic, waiting etc.
And■■? Not my problem, let the office worry about it.

In your case the office e.g. your planner thinks the following:
“Look at Dozy the numpty. Sitting 6 hrs in a canteen, still got a full days work done. Well he worked on his break and he’s falling asleep behind the wheel, but who cares. Tomorrow we give him even more work.”

You trying to achieve everything all the time, will kill you and somebody else at some point.