The french....

…Snowplough drivers going on strike…I am so loving them.
A small window of opportunity not to be missed.
Then the ferry guys come out as well!

I love the French, they know how to bring a supply chain to it`s knees.
We have much to learn grasshopper :wink:

Oh…And the tunnel was shut…Can it get any better.

You gotta love them.

In Sussex 3" of snow and the councils couldn`t even grit the roads…The brits must be the biggest batch of spineless ■■■■■■■ going I reckon :grimacing:

■■■■ it up wonderboys.

The Frogs always have more balls in theses things, while all we can ever do is grumble to ourselves.

I killed Mels motor on Friday :laughing:
The cam followers and shaft made a bid for freedom through the block!
I woulda posted piccies on here of the recovery, but the armchair arse bandits on here woulna bin able to take it :laughing: :wink:

att:
I woulda posted piccies on here of the recovery, but the armchair arse bandits on here woulna bin able to take it :laughing: :wink:

good and proper job by the sound’s of it… :smiley: :smiley:

philgor:

att:

good and proper job by the sound’s of it… :smiley: :smiley:

:laughing: Common fault on a Scania the fitter told me…And it must be, new plate and all fixed up and back in the yard this AM :open_mouth:

Yep, the French stick together which is why 99.99% of French trucks are driven by French drivers, it’s a shame that Brits despise French militancy while watching our own transport industry being given away to the eastern Europeans.

I think a lot of British drivers are still suffering “Stockholm Syndrome” from Mrs Thatcher’s time in office and are prepared to bend over and take it to this day.

Meanwhile on the A1 direction Paris …

My mate colin shows them what he thinks !!!

Well said Harry !

I know of one French firm that has got Brits,Poles and even Romanians running out of their main French depot. It seems the tide is turning even for them now though.

Harry Monk:
99.99% of French trucks are driven by French drivers,

Testicles they are :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: and when they get grief they flag them out and slap flip flops in em anyways :laughing: :laughing:

att:

I noticed you were late leaving on Fri. That truck doesnt usually go over 39mph !

att:
…Snowplough drivers going on strike…

Care to give a link, as I have seen or heard nothing?

billybigrig:

Harry Monk:
99.99% of French trucks are driven by French drivers,

Testicles they are :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: and when they get grief they flag them out and slap flip flops in em anyways :laughing: :laughing:

Yea i think your a bit out of date with that one. All and sundry driving french motors now.

Notbert isn’t taking on any more Frenchman as one of their drivers told me they can get 3, bulgos I think it was for the cost of a Frenchman. So the worm is turning even for them.

Cie La Vie…if you owned a company, would your loyalty be in the country you work from, or in the profit margins, mine would be profit, and seeing as profit margins are getting slimmer every minute, can you blame them, i dont believe you can get 3 drivers for the price of One though,. but with Bulgarians, they dont need to earn so much, because their overheads are lower, so they will turn around quicker, work more hours, stay in the cab for longer periods/away from home, and dont care about getting home for that long weekend, like the french. I dont believe that the french have a minimum wage ( not sure ) so they can employ cheap labour, whereas dear old blighty, has to abide by the rules ( so im told ) ( in fact the government is going to clamp down on farm labourers who are living in rented caravans, and earning a much lower wage because of it, so their bosses are going to feel the pinch, and have to pay them a good living wage ) so i think a lot will head back home, because it will be cheaper to employ brits, well thats my stance on it anyway. And its not alright slagging off foreignersfor coming here for a better way of life, for they are migrating to far flung places, just the same way the brits have been doing for centuries, they are no different, and the majority of drivers on here, who sayTheyre taking our jobsorTheyre ruining the transport industry ` are in fact working, and it hasnt affected them one bit.

Douanes clamping down very heavily on this

lloydsloadinglist.com/freigh … UB0VtaeNOE

truckyboy:
I dont believe that the french have a minimum wage ( not sure ) so they can employ cheap labour,

There is a minimum wage in France currently 9.43€ (about £8.20).

Brits wont work on farms picking, just like they wont work as a cleaner, its all seen as being beneath them and even if you can get one working for you they’ll go off sick within the first ill due to knee ache or some other bullzb excuse they come up with.

Saaamon:
Brits wont work on farms picking,

I’m sure they would, if the work paid enough for them to live in a farm labourers cottage as it did in the Victorian era. :wink: