The end of rh freight

and good riddence.

roadtransport.com/Articles/2 … s-view.htm

jessicas dad:
and good riddence.

roadtransport.com/Articles/2 … s-view.htm

Hi JD rh freight are they green trailers being pulled by eastern europeon units?

Yes, and iirc, they also hold the franchise for Renault trucks in Nottingham.

Ken.

any reason for the good riddance? although i have never had the pleasure of tipping at their places i had heard from other who had…

Yeah JD, why good riddance? British company which has been around for a lot of years, provided employment to lots of people within the transport industry, now taken over by foreign competition.
Why good riddance?

yeah why :question:

commonrail:
yeah why :question:

RH means Rennie Hogg and is RH Freight and also a truck dealer who sell Renault Trucks

Rennie Investments has sold the company to Kuehne & Nagel

why the good riddance?

I worked for RH for 8 good years, excellent family run company.

They went down the foreign driver route, wasn’t popular decision at the time but with hindsight now probably saved the company.

stuh:
why the good riddance?

They went down the foreign driver route, wasn’t popular decision at the time but with hindsight now probably saved the company.

I’m so happy for them. Saved the company for who exactly?

stuh:
why the good riddance?

Answered your own question.

i personally dont like their attitude and as rob had quoted it is the foreign driver route.

at one time i always thought of rennie hogg as the creme de la creme but then they switched to the foreign invasion. i remember when they first started using the foreign subbies at 50 ppm.

another thing i dont like is the idea of sending their own drivers all smartly dressed with thier new magnums into customers to tip and load putting across the company image just to run the trailer back to the yard and give it to a lituainuan or bulgarian, it just seems like a big fraud.

its just my personal opinion i thinkit stinks.

jessicas dad:
another thing i dont like is the idea of sending their own drivers all smartly dressed with thier new magnums into customers to tip and load putting across the company image just to run the trailer back to the yard and give it to a lituainuan or bulgarian, it just seems like a big fraud.

Why does it matter though? The customer certainly doesn’t care! The customer simply pays to get one or more items of freight moved from point A to point B, and they don’t give a flying ■■■■ which passport the driver has, so long as the goods get delivered safely at the best price possible. If the customer wanted the hassle of dictating the specifics of the transport chain, they would just run a truck themselves!

People are so quick to slag off the foreign subbies because they can do the job for a lower rate, but surely that just shows that UK hauliers have got their head stuck too far up their own arses! If we can’t get our costs down to a level that allows us to compete with johhny foreigner then that’s just tough luck, it’s just simple business! The foreigners buy the same trucks as us, which still run on the same diesel, travel on the same ferries, pay the same tolls and they still need a man behind the wheel! The only cost saving is from the drivers wages, and lets be honest is caused more by UK truck drivers with a god-complex, who want rock-star wages to do what is basically a minimum wage job.

It’s not fraud my friend, it’s simple business.

FH16Globetrotter:
[ The only cost saving is from the drivers wages, and lets be honest is caused more by UK truck drivers with a god-complex, who want rock-star wages to do what is basically a minimum wage job.

i wouldnt say our general costs of living are the same as bulgaira or lituania so therefore the driver needs more money just to live on.

now i think i think the british business and persons attitude to money stinks… you cant get a plumber, electricain,plaster ect ect… too come out for less than £100 and the whole attitude of " i wouldnt get out of bed for that " stinks as work is work.

then there’s shopping… that has rocketed up over the past few years to ridiclous prices and all we have had wage and hours cuts across the board

fuel… say no more on that subject.

its not the case of rock star wages, its money to live on plus its not a minimum wage job i view it as a semi skilled job with the costs of training, medical ect…

you seem to be a manager/owner how much do you pay your drivers then are they on minimum wage.

FH16Globetrotter:

jessicas dad:

Why does it matter though? The customer certainly doesn’t care! The customer simply pays to get one or more items of freight moved from point A to point B, and I don’t give a flying [zb] which passport the driver has, so long as the money keeps going into my bank account.{/color]. If the customer wanted the hassle of dictating the specifics of the transport chain, they would just run a truck themselves!

People are so quick to slag off the foreign subbies because they can do the job for a lower rate, but surely that just shows that UK hauliers have got their head stuck too far up their own arses! If we can’t get our costs down to a level that allows us to compete with johhny foreigner then that’s just tough luck, it’s just simple business! The foreigners buy the same trucks as us, which still run on the same diesel, travel on the same ferries, pay the same tolls and they still need a man behind the wheel! The only cost saving is from the drivers wages, and lets be honest is caused more by UK truck drivers with a god-complex, who want rock-star wages to do what is basically a minimum wage job.

It’s not fraud my friend, it’s simple business.

Fixed that for you. I’ll send my lad round to you for a job then as he’s on minimum wage. He doesn’t have the licence though or experience obviously but he’ll pick it up I’m sure.

jessicas dad:

FH16Globetrotter:
[ The only cost saving is from the drivers wages, and lets be honest is caused more by UK truck drivers with a god-complex, who want rock-star wages to do what is basically a minimum wage job.

i wouldnt say our general costs of living are the same as bulgaira or lituania so therefore the driver needs more money just to live on.

now i think i think the british business and persons attitude to money stinks… you cant get a plumber, electricain,plaster ect ect… too come out for less than £100 and the whole attitude of " i wouldnt get out of bed for that " stinks as work is work.

then there’s shopping… that has rocketed up over the past few years to ridiclous prices and all we have had wage and hours cuts across the board

its not the case of rock star wages, its money to live on plus its not a minimum wage job i view it as a semi skilled job with the costs of training, medical ect…

you seem to be a manager/owner how much do you pay your drivers then are they on minimum wage.

He was a bean counter in another life. People like him are largely responsible for bringing the job down to where it is now.

P.S. And he inherited the firm, still does his bean counting so the haulage is a hobby so it doesn’t need to earn too much unlike guys who started from scratch and struggled up.

FH16, you’re the kind of operator who’s the cause of the problems in this industry. We don’t want “rock star” wages, just a livable wage, which also reflects a substantial investment in training. Tescos checkout is a minimum wage job, lorry driving isn’t. If you’re a quid a mile and a mars bar glory boy, then give up, or if as your username eludes to, you run top spec motors, at the expense of paying your drivers a livable wage, then shame on you. I bet your pleading poverty to your drivers while you drive around in a flash car too! :unamused:

jessicas dad:

But that’s not Johnny Foregner’s fault is it? Why should he raise his prices just because poor old Joe Bloggs from twickenham has to pay more for a pint of milk? In the business world thats called price-fixing, and the authorities take a very dim view of it. :laughing:

jessicas dad:

I pay a salary of £425 p/week for 5 days, £23 night out money and £5 meal allowance - drivers are paid monthly and typically take-home around £1900 a month. The weekend lads get £90 per shift, plus the same N/O and meal allowances. As I have said in other posts, I’m not scared to post real figures!

44 Tonne Ton:
Fixed that for you. I’ll send my lad round to you for a job then as he’s on minimum wage. He doesn’t have the licence though or experience obviously but he’ll pick it up I’m sure.

Firstly, I don’t have any subbies, foreign or otherwise. And just to lay your other point on it’s arse - of the 5 full-time drivers I currently employ, I paid for the licences for 2 of them!

44 Tonne Ton:
He was a bean counter in another life. People like him are largely responsible for bringing the job down to where it is now.

Again, wrong. I’ve never been a ‘bean-counter’ - I may have an accounting qualification, but I’ve never used it in anger outside of my own companies.

44 Tonne Ton:
P.S. And he inherited the firm, still does his bean counting so the haulage is a hobby so it doesn’t need to earn too much unlike guys who started from scratch and struggled up.

Again, you are letting your arse do the talking. I have never inherited anything as of yet. I bought the assets of a failing haulage firm, started it again from scratch with a new company and o’licence, and grew the business from there. I knew sweet F.A about haulage when I started, but started from scratch and struggled in the beginning just like everyone else! And whilst the haulage firm may not take up the majority of my time, it does in fact make more money than my IT company currently, and if it wasn’t providing a decent return would have been gone long ago!

Now, have you got any more delusions I can straighten out for you? :sunglasses:

jessicas dad:

FH16Globetrotter:

things are bloody cheap in bulgaria, alot less than here.

OVLOV JAY:
FH16, you’re the kind of operator who’s the cause of the problems in this industry. We don’t want “rock star” wages, just a livable wage, which also reflects a substantial investment in training. Tescos checkout is a minimum wage job, lorry driving isn’t. If you’re a quid a mile and a mars bar glory boy, then give up, or if as your username eludes to, you run top spec motors, at the expense of paying your drivers a livable wage, then shame on you. I bet your pleading poverty to your drivers while you drive around in a flash car too! :unamused:

No offence, but you don’t know anything about what kind of operator I am. I pay a wage which my drivers are happy with, and which is above average among hauliers in this area.

As for the quid a mile and mars bar bit, I’m happy to bow to your superior knowldge on what my customers get charged by me for doing the work I quote on, I’m sorry I’ve been such a fool all this time! I should just have diteched all the cost modelling and revenue projections, and given you a call! How many trucks do you run out of interest? :sunglasses:

As for the flash car, surely what I spend my income on is my business? Does anyone dictate to you how you spend yours? :unamused:

i once attented a meeting were the management were praising an influx polish employees and the cost savings incurred.some one thought it would be a good idea to employ an extra member of staff as a translator(£25000 pa) .i said why not follow this project through all the way,there must be bi-laungual jr managers and traffic operators who could be employed at approx half of what you lot get paid.FOR SOME REASON THEY WAS"NT KEEN ON THIS.As for mr fh16 gobby i think hes one of ■■■■■ on here just fishing for a reaction.with his attitude he should change id to fm7 because he thinks everything is about getting down to basics