The Easiest money Be Earned Hgv 1 ,2

As the post says what’s the Easiest cushiest money a driver can Earn with the exception of Sea containers as very rarely the driver does nothing only open the doors I’ve been out of the haulage game for a few years have my Class 1 but with traffic the way it is I wouldn’t mind class 2 work with no handball or even muckaway tipper work what are my expectations of Earnings as a Hgv driver

you do not earn money being a lorry driver, you make a living of it

If its easy the pay will be crap

it depends what you call easy? are you talking physicality of the job, stress free driving, no pressure from the office? Not going the same place all the time? etc… depends on your preferences

For me personally I do the easiest job going, supermarket deliveries. I find it easy because after 5 years from the same depot I know all the routes inside out, all the shortcuts, & most of the staff everywhere I go. For some people that would be a hard job because they get bored ■■■■-less with it. its because of this I put up with the physical side of things which in all honesty is a bit too much these days (knackered shoulders).

Its the good thing about this industry, there are so many different parts or opportunities & its good to explore some to you find your place…

drover:
it depends what you call easy? are you talking physicality of the job, stress free driving, no pressure from the office? Not going the same place all the time? etc… depends on your preferences

For me personally I do the easiest job going, supermarket deliveries. I find it easy because after 5 years from the same depot I know all the routes inside out, all the shortcuts, & most of the staff everywhere I go. For some people that would be a hard job because they get bored [zb] with it. its because of this I put up with the physical side of things which in all honesty is a bit too much these days (knackered shoulders).

Its the good thing about this industry, there are so many different parts or opportunities & its good to explore some to you find your place…

+1 Well said sir.

I would go for tipper work. It just about loads/unloads itself. I drive buses for the same reason!

alamcculloch:
I would go for tipper work. It just about loads/unloads itself. I drive buses for the same reason!

Untill that last 2 tonne of muck/stone/seed gets stuck in the corner and you have to get in there and did it out!

SHYTOT:

Yep ,

Met a driver a few years ago, worked for a company relocating empty trailers around the country. Open back door, make sure it was empty, hook it up and move it. No loading/unloading. :smiley:

SHYTOT:

That was a busy week it really was :laughing: Spend most of my shifts on rest watching television, reading a book, whatever I want. And the money is not bad either on course for just under 50k this tax year.

SHYTOT:

Not on own contract work.

£53k where I’m at for a salaried 52hr week including breaks which you never do on nights literally driving from A to B, trailer swap, sometimes then onto C, another trailer swap then back to A.

My run last night was a physically demanding one. Howden to Ecclefechan, sit there for an hour and half watching Netflix on £19.50/hr waiting for my trailer swap to turn up, back to yard and then, shock horror, I had to take 12 ratchets and 6 straps off the load before going off to fuel and wash the unit and park up.

Days have it harder. They have to do 2,3,4 or 5 drops where they turn up, have to open the curtains and take the internal straps off. Sometimes they’ll have to do a collection. Hardest collection is chipboard where you’ll have to strap it down but it only takes 15 minutes. There is one run on days which is a bit of a pig, basically because you end up strapping down 4 loads of board, but it’s given out on rotation so you’ll only do it one or two days every few weeks.

Quite funny really. There’s quite a few of them who’ve been there for years who ■■■■■ and whine about how hard it is who have clearly either never worked anywhere else or ever done general haulage.

msgyorkie:

alamcculloch:

Untill that last 2 tonne of muck/stone/seed gets stuck in the corner and you have to get in there and did it out!

Been there, done that. When you want some thing to stick it just wont. The mysteries of life!

alamcculloch:

I’d disagree with that, had 7 tonnes of gravel frozen to the trailer that I’d loaded the day before. 4 hours chipping away at it, definitely got a sweat on that morning.
I’d say easiest is on the milk, not farm collection though

^^^^^^
Do you mean pushing a trolley full of milk, you know the one with the broken wheel, along the smooth and level pavement to get to the shop? :smiley:

alamcculloch:

msgyorkie:

alamcculloch:

Been there, done that. When you want some thing to stick it just wont. The mysteries of life!

I once collected some sewerage cake and ran it up to a quarry. 6 of us all with artic tipper load of the ■■■■ stuff. When we all tipped about half of the load was stuck. I was in the back of mine for over 3 hours digging out then tipping then digging out, repeat over and over. Our back load was 20mm gravel from the quarry but by the time we got the cake out the buck was a mess so we had to find somewhere to wash out.
Needless to say our boss didnt send us back in there for more cake.

Screened top soil in a wet steel body, there would be a six inch layer left on the entire body surface, all to dig out.
Had interesting episodes on land fill sites, changing prop / half shafts, especially if the bin wagon had just tipped on the same spot.
Front wheel blow outs was sometimes like jacking the wagon up in the middle of a chocolate pudding.

Tyneside

Loaded coal dust…

Out of Kent and parked it up for the weekend. Got to tipping it on Monday morning and the whole lot stuck. Over two hours with a shovel and I ended up coming out darker than me mudflaps.

Started with a fridge firm the following week.

yourhavingalarf:
Loaded coal dust…

Out of Kent and parked it up for the weekend. Got to tipping it on Monday morning and the whole lot stuck. Over two hours with a shovel and I ended up coming out darker than me mudflaps.

Started with a fridge firm the following week.

:laughing: :laughing:

SWEDISH BLUE:
^^^^^^
Do you mean pushing a trolley full of milk, you know the one with the broken wheel, along the smooth and level pavement to get to the shop? :smiley:

Nooo, that’s a young man’s game. No I mean led in the bunk in the dairy while the intake man does his thing :smiley: