The dvla think they're untouchable and their slowly killing me

I really need help the dvla has been ripping me apart for 3 years and I can’t sign in to tn it’s saying I may already have an account but my head isin bits. Basically I got done in 2021 for drug driving, which I absolutely disagree with, but I had a joint the night before so I took the 12 month ban and fine on the chin. Then they sent me for two drugs tests I never heard back from the 1st one but the 2nd one had 6 positives which were metabolites of my prescribed medication I pointed this out to them but their doctor insisted I’m wrong and
my doctor at the time didn’t want to argue with the dvla doctor so this has dragged on for 3 years. I lost my wife of 30years last year and I’m pr
actically incapable of walking can’t take my daughters to bereavement counselling and all the other important things your licence brings. I’m totally innocent like a man in prison for something I’ve not done, it’s absolutely horrendous I’ve considered taking my life but have to keep going for my teenage daughters. I’ve been treated like a piece of dirt by the dvla. Please can someone help Kind Regards Sean Agnew :pray:Found account i opened it last week but had kid problems but in account so that’s the least least of my problems sorted

Sorry to hear of your troubles.

I’m afraid that I don’t have any first-hand knowledge of dealing with the DVLA as regards licences being returned after such events.

I certainly have heard that dealing with the DVLA can be a long drawn-out process, possibly because of a backlog where cases need someone to have a look at them more in-depth.

Edit: oops spelling mistake

You say you had a joint but disagree with testing positive for cannabis? It only has to be in your system, you don’t actually need to be stoned at the time for it to be an offence, so I would drop the “innocent man” bit, it isn’t going to help your argument for having your licence returned.

These DG codes (as well as DR 80 and 90) stay on your licence for four years, (see section 7.6 of link #3) so it’s too soon to be forgetting about it.

And it’s not just the DVLA, the TC would probably want to have words with you, so don’t rule out the possibility of a Driver Conduct Hearing.
There are Case Examples in link #3. True these are for people who were disqualified and you have not explicitly said that happened to you, but it’s suggested by what you wrote about “things licence can bring”, so it’s worth reading Case Example 10 & 13.

You need to speak to your doctor, he needs to read the guidance for medical practitioners and he needs to put forward your case for you.

specific to drug driving

You didn’t read it properly or I didn’t write it properly lol my heads in such a bad place. I’ve no issue at all with the conviction like I said I took it fully on the chin but I was fully compos mentis has stated Im totally anti d/d or drk/d.My problem is when I went to get my licence back and they sent me for a drug test and it came back with 6 postives 2 of which were my prescribed medication and the other 4 were their metabolites which the dvla doctor without a doubt knows this but I haven’t driven since june 21 because my licence is suspended till next month but then they’re going to make me strart jumping through hoops again, I’m disabled I live in the middle of nowhere. It’s a total miscarriage of justice. I’m going to have more drugs tests which will show the exact same results because my doctor prescribed me them, am I going to suspended yet again for nothing. Has I’ve stated I’ve just lost my wife of 30 years and my teenage daughters lost their mum my heads in bits just dealing with this without all this let being persecuted dvla for nothing. Oh and thanks for your sympathetic view guy

Thanks for your reply any noremac.In a sentence I’ve provided 6 positives on a drug’s test but two were my legally prescribed medication from my GP and the other 4 were their metabolites so absolutely should be counted as a clean test but the dvla doctor disagrees and there’s not a dam thing i can do about it I’ve been off the road for 3 year’s and its really affecting mental position obviously.

I can i drop the innocent man bit, really.I only claimed to be an innocent man after the dvla doctor said my 6 positives were nothing to do with my prescribed medication when they absolutely are so how am i not an innocent man .Ive bombarded them with screenshots of government web sites to no avail .It looks like the dvla doctor is all powerful and knows everything when he knows nothing which seems unlikely the only other option is im being victimised by the dvla, obviously.

To be blunt, your posts seem to me to be as genuine as a nine-bob-note. If you were genuine, then you’ve had sound information from my original post and should be having sensible, non-emotional conversations with your GP.

there are prescribed medications that do not show on a drug test if your doctor cannot or will not give you one that wont affect your job then he/she should sign you off. If the dvla don’t want you driving with the drug or drug byproducts in your system you cant drive period.

I haven’t read your tags yet because you seemed to totally misunderstood my case i will take a look later as Im under the cosh atm.I m assuming you understood I’ve just lost my wife of 30years and got to deal with my kids losing their mum at such a young age so if its not beyond you could you please be a little less aggressive in your posts. But i thank you for trying to help but constructive help is what im after. Kind regards Sean Agnew

There is constructive information in my first response for anyone that might find it useful, so if that was what you wanted, you’ve had it already.
I’m out.

Dont want to sound harsh mate, but are you surprised on a truck drivers forum that there are harsh answers?
Me for instance,.I am the least touchy feely type symapathetic bloke you could meet…and especially if I think somebody is looking for sympathy, by listing their life’s trials and tribulations for instance, (which although serious, are irrelavent to what you come on here to ask)
We all have em to differing degrees, but stop at putting them forward to a load of strangers.
On the other hand if somebody is actively helping themselves,.I will be right behind them.
If it is (pseudo) sympathy, try all the b/s on Facebook, which I personally cba with.

On the other hand if you are helping yourself good luck with DVLA, you will need it, the whole organisation reeks of over officialdom and incompetence.
Try getting legal advice instead of off blokes who drive trucks who know as much as you on this sort of stuff.
As for your other problems,.I have always found family and friends a good source of help.
Good luck anyhoo.

Sympathy is the last thing I’m looking I just put that in because that’s what I’ve informed the dvla doctor so many times ive lost count apart from all the screen shots of government sites proving my innocence I just bumped into this tn and thought it maybe able to help cause I really am at the end of my tether and yeah I think I need more than good luck with them I need a miracle even though, I’ll say it again lol,I really am an innocent man but thanks for your input

If you’re incapable of walking then you’re not fit to drive a lorry. Take it from someone who had a spinal injury and took it to the point of walking to my car one day to go to work, it went big time with me losing any ability to control my left leg ending up in hospital the following morning having an emergency spinal operation that it won’t do you any good being in one, in fact it’ll make things worse. You’re legally required to notify them of any health issues like this so the DVLA medical board would want checks doing. And to be honest with the place your head is in you don’t want to be in a truck, it’s not a good place to be for people with mental health issues, especially ones like depression. The driving both on days and nights has got a whole lot worse than it was in 2021, in fact much of the job has.

Also as others have said the Traffic Commissioner is likely to want a word and even if you got your licence back it’s got a DG offence code on it and no employer will touch you with a barge pole, even the crap ones aren’t likely to basically because their insurance company won’t cover people with a recent one.

The best thing you can do for now is go to www.entitledto.com and make sure you’re getting all the benefits you’re entitled to then have a sit down with a cup of tea, figure out what you can and can’t physically do with your health as it is, your commitments to looking after the kids, working on the fact you’re not going to be driving for a living, looking at what skills you have outside of driving and doing something like that. I had to do that in 2008 when my back went pop and I had to stop driving trucks for a few years. We all have something we can do to earn money.

I can’t help the OP with the specifics but can comment on the efficiency of the DVLA. I was stopped by poilce in the middle of the night in Cornwall and accused of speeding, they realised for several reasons that that was not the case (they were sat on a bridge and a very fast sports car overtook me as we both went under). Then they made out that my French EU licence was not legal in Britain and even said that only UK licence holders could drive on UK roads. Plainly ridiculous which they realised when I brought up the case of thousands of foreign holiday makers.

After half an hour of this nonsense they let me go but advised a call to DVLA when I got home. Turned out that the fault was with the local French office that swapped my UK licence for a French one 24 years ago and should have sent the UK one back to Swansea. They didn’t, and so after I got to 70 Swansea assumed I had decided to terminate it.

Their response to my email was almost instant and the whole thing was sorted with the explanation put on my file with them.

The only thing the OP can gain from this is that if you put your case clearly and succinctly to them, without any extraneous attempts to what they may consider unrelated attempts at sympathy, you may get a better result. You have my best wishes for success. :grinning:

There are limits even for prescription drugs. Your GP cannot really be of assistance if he/she is prescribing at a dose that should keep your under the limit.

Anyone driver that takes Drugs, Do Not Need Anyone to help them, Should be a Life Ban end of. Don`t come on here for sympathy you Waster.

1 Like

I take it you don’t drink then?

Not in my back yard, how dare you

Thank you very much sir much appreciated.

I’ve been on this medication for 37 year’s believe it or not and I’ve had no problems with it till now has I’ve stated i think the cops that have victimised me for goodness knows why and to be honest it’s scary what some people in positions power really do abuse it all my tests show was my prescribed medication and their metabolites but the dvla are saying no ive gone out on the street and purchased them and as you know whatever they say is correct its really messed-up I feel helpless. Thanks for your reply