The Drivers getogether in The Toon

Just to remind everyone concerened its on the 28th of Dec, In the Labour Club Im looking forward to it & hope there is a good turnout, Merry Xmas & a Happy New Year to all on TNUK,Regards Larry.

Harry where are you ■■, I hope your taste buds are in top condition my friend, I have some fine stuff from Scotland for you to sample at the do, Hope you are keeping well & look forward to seeing you again, Regards Larry.

Right, listen up you Men of Malt, my kids are trying to kill me :wink:
After yesterday I am now the owner of a bottle of Aultmore Single Malt…62.5% :open_mouth: “get a drop of that down you dad” :astonished:
I’ve never heard of the distillery so my question is…do you lads know of this brew? is it a bit of class? any info. is welcome before I take the cork out. :smiley:

grumpy old man:
Right, listen up you Men of Malt, my kids are trying to kill me :wink:
After yesterday I am now the owner of a bottle of Aultmore Single Malt…62.5% :open_mouth: “get a drop of that down you dad” :astonished:
I’ve never heard of the distillery so my question is…do you lads know of this brew? is it a bit of class? any info. is welcome before I take the cork out. :smiley:

Hi GOM It sounds good to me my friend, I haven’t had this one but I do know that their Distillery is at Kieth Banfshire, So have go and Im sure you will enjoy it, I will get a bottle to try myself, Regards Larry.

Thank you sir, it’s going to get a “seeing to” this evening and I will report back.
Last evening I was in love with a bottle of Laphroaig, the evening went well, just myself and Mrs GOM (she gave the Tanqueray a “seeing to”) :smiley:

it seems to me that there has been considerable backsliding since the last visit of the temperance society to yorkshire , it may be necessary to dispatch a missionary quite soon . i did enquire about the ponteland area , but apparently the last missionary to go there vanished without trace .

rigsby:
it seems to me that there has been considerable backsliding since the last visit of the temperance society to yorkshire , it may be necessary to dispatch a missionary quite soon . i did enquire about the ponteland area , but apparently the last missionary to go there vanished without trace .

I wonder where their supplies are coming from in the first place Dave, they aint exactly renowned for getting their wallets out over the border? :confused: :wink:

Pete.

you know what they are like up there pete "if tha does owt for nowt . do it for thee sen "more chance of a freebie off a scotsman .

rigsby:

Not Guilty rigsby, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Regards Larry.

Hmn, remarks have been “noted”. :sunglasses:

WE ARE NOT TIGHT, WE ARE THRIFTY. :imp:

i know all about thrifty , we have a close friend in stairfoot , "don’t throw those teabags out , i’ll dry them for later " , cupboards full of things that might come in for something , sometime . it’s just a pity you don’t get money back on empty bottles any more , you’d be a millionaire . dave

Credit where it’s due, in the Barnsley/Stairfoot area they’ve got the “thrifty” concept down to a fine art. Highly skilled. :smiley:

How do you define a Yorkshire man? Like a Scotsman but with the generosity removed , Ex Bradford Lad ,

Well I hope its a good turnout on Monday at the do, Im defo not a Scot, I just like their Malts and buy them at the right price & keep them in a job,Mind you Malts from any Distillery in Scotland IMO Are simply the best, The Welsh ones come very close I may say, I drink them both & enjoy them, Happy New Year to all, Regards Larry.

Well here go Ive just come home from this Drivers do, And it was a great turn out IMO, The crack was spot on And of course the drinks Kev, and his Cameras were flowing at a very high level, I did enjoy seeing lots of old (Proper Drivers) Whom I worked with in the old days, Plus Ang was there supported by two walking sticks, And looking good after her mishap,Im looking forward to the Mid Summer Event, Plus Kev and his camera once again, So heres wishing you all a very happy new year, Regards Larry.

" Wor me Lads you should have seen the NE TN members ganna’n, ganna’n alang the Scotsward road to the Labour Club for the annual ■■■■ up! A’ll the Lads and “Lass” wor there a’ll he’d smiling faces ganna’n alang the Scotsward road but not to see the races !! :wink:All the Best to you all for 2016 Cheers Dennis.

Bewick:
" Wor me Lads you should have seen the NE TN members ganna’n, ganna’n alang the Scotsward road to the Labour Club for the annual ■■■■ up! A’ll the Lads and “Lass” wor there a’ll he’d smiling faces ganna’n alang the Scotsward road but not to see the races !! :wink:All the Best to you all for 2016 Cheers Dennis.

Hello D, My good friend, It wqas a good night out along with the old proper drivers, The whiskeys were flowing in full force, And of course my hip flasks that were charged with the jump start stuff would have fired the old Perkins P 6s up on one turn :laughing: :laughing: So heres wishing you and yours a very happy new year, And perhaps you might be able to attend the next Do in July 2016, Because Im sure you presence would be very welcome IMO, & Of course the drinks would be on me Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:

Bewick:

Hello D, My good friend, It wqas a good night out along with the old proper drivers, The whiskeys were flowing in full force, And of course my hip flasks that were charged with the jump start stuff would have fired the old Perkins P 6s up on one turn :laughing: :laughing: So heres wishing you and yours a very happy new year, And perhaps you might be able to attend the next Do in July 2016, Because Im sure you presence would be very welcome IMO, & Of course the drinks would be on me Regards Larry.

Your last few words are sorely tempting Larry !! but like you mate I’ve always been happier buying the drinks than scrounging them eh! Glad to hear you all enjoyed the “do” and trust you can look forward to many more. Here’s wishing you and your Family and all the other NE Lads a very Happy and Healthy 2016 ! Cheers hic! hic! Dennis.

Blimey, it’s finished early!! :open_mouth: Do the bus passes expire at 8 pm or have you all got chucked out on your lug holes for unruly behaviour? :confused: I thought that you would stay until last orders at least. :laughing:

Pete.

windrush:
Blimey, it’s finished early!! :open_mouth: Do the bus passes expire at 8 pm or have you all got chucked out on your lug holes for unruly behaviour? :confused: I thought that you would stay until last orders at least. :laughing:

Pete.

Hi Pete, When ones gets to my age 80, You must realise that the curfew rule comes into force My daughter Dawne & my son Nigel follow Their Mams rules ,So Daddy must confirm otherwise my pocket money gets stopped & I get kept in for not being a good boy, Do you think that Im a worried retired Foden Driver would be botherd about such as this Eh, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Regards Larry, Hic Hic, Roll on 2016.