The dreaded nodding head syndrome

What are the ways to combat this?
Opening the cab windows with the heater off for an Artic blast does not work.
Lots of caffeine does not work.
When you have a siesta on the bunk you do not want to sleep but when drive again you start head nodding again.
Always at this time of the year too.Dark mornings/afternoons.
There was an alarm you fit to your ear.
It would go off if your head tilted too much.
It was like an ear piece sold at truckstops.

Tobes.

You might be suffering from SAD, seasonal affective disorder.

I find at this time of year with short days and long nightimes, I feel crap, and could just curl up and hibernate, whereas in the summer I feel like a spring lamb.

Talk to your doc about it.

Ken.

Get out and run around the wagon, stop first though tobester!

stop for a brew :open_mouth:

Eating a banana and driving barefoot has helped me in the past

Wiping over your face with baby wipes to freshen up helps

Just pull up somewhere get out and have a brief walk around in the fresh air. Seems to reset everything. Also, try to get more sleep when you aren’t working.

Sleeping.

There is no cure for tiredness except sleep. :smiley:

I took Stevy’s advice and stuck it on cruise control and had a jog around in the cab to keep the blood flowing.
The truck came to a sudden halt when it hit the railway bridge.
The look on the train passengers faces was priceless.
But on a serious note,where can you get these lights that brighten up a room and lift the spirits/moods.
Even driving the car to work i get dopey like a dwarf.
All the drivers at work and people you meet on the road say they get a few hours sleep and once awake do not get back to sleep.

I actually fell asleep driving to Denmark earlier this year, I knew because I was dreaming. That’s when I knew it was time to hang up the van driving Euro gloves! :open_mouth:

Truckulent:
Sleeping.

There is no cure for tiredness except sleep. :smiley:

I agree. I’m usually on the trot about 4.00am for a 3-4 hour drive & like to be in bed by 9.00pm at the latest. I also find a couple of energy drinks like red bull help en route. (Morisons own brand, 6 cans for £3 do the trick)

I flag around lunch time then have my energy drink and I am good to go.
I dont drink tea or coffee as I dont like them so the energy drink gives me the kick I need.

However lashing down trucks on the back of my wagon in the nissing down rain or baltic freeze helps to blow out the cobwebs too :laughing:

Dont eat too much either as that will make you tired.

Proplus pills are good and last longer.Red Bull cana seem to be getting bigger.There is a half a litre can.

Getting enough sleep before work is a big factor.

Put on some AC/DC and turn it up full blast !! :sunglasses: Highway to Hell… :smiley:

yep…its amazing how much more enjoyable your day is when youve actually had enough sleep.

7 hours does it for me

A bit of 80’s music on fall blast.Can not beat a bit of Howard Jones,King,Big Country,The Alarm,Tears for fears,The Cure,Gary Numan,OMD,The Smiths,Morrisey,Hazel Dean and Kajagoogoo.Too Shy.

Tooz:
Put on some AC/DC and turn it up full blast !! :sunglasses: Highway to Hell… :smiley:

Didn’t know Dr Mosh was a TN member.

Ken.

toby1234abc:
But on a serious note,where can you get these lights that brighten up a room and lift the spirits/moods.

Your talking about cognative light therapy.

Google it. You can buy them from t’internet, but do see the doc first like I said at the beginning.

Ken.

stop and have a power nap.you can fight it as much as you want but it will win and you will crash !!!