The dreaded nodding head syndrome

10-11:30 AM is the killer for me if I’ve not had enough sleep the night before.

Once I get to midday/1 PM, I know I’ve made it, then I feel wide awake!

It’s funny how you can drag yourself out of bed after 5 hours, swearing blind that you’ll be asleep before you hit the pillow when you get home 14 hours later… But after a few hours of work you’re wide awake again :smiley:

4head.png

dont put it on the forehead, inhale it.

toby1234abc:
A bit of 80’s music on fall blast.Can not beat a bit of Howard Jones,King,Big Country,The Alarm,Tears for fears,The Cure,Gary Numan,OMD,The Smiths,Morrisey,Hazel Dean and Kajagoogoo.Too Shy.

To right Toby have 3 or 4 box sets of eighties find it brill for waking you up a bit kings of Leon helps a bit do pity about my dodgy singing lol. :smiley:

Ahhaaa, some more thought about my lunchtime flagging, its Jeremy Bloody Vine on the radio.
Thanks guys more cd’s being brought to work tomorrow :laughing: :laughing:

Red bull or sportsmix.

P.s. just sniff a few lines, that’ll sort ya out :stuck_out_tongue:

Nodded off at the wheel in the early hours going over Brecon Beacons in the late 1960’s,frightened myself to death when the lorry touched the grass,and luckily I got away with it.
Only thing to do if you feel drowsy, is pull up and spend five minutes walking up and down the roadside.

BIGGEE:
stop and have a power nap.you can fight it as much as you want but it will win and you will crash !!!

+1

When I pull over it’s no messing about. Brake on, engine off, lock doors, seat back, close eyes. What every the radio is playing, it stays on, might turn volume down a smidgen.

I wake up, depending on tireness, after 10 to 20 mins.

Did it twice on Friday, once after 5 and bit hours at work and then again approaching 13 hours!!!

It’s the only way imo.

I just stop and have a nap.
I would rather explain being a hour late,
than not get there at all.

Its a sign you are working too many hours CUT them down or die, its your call. The replys above are NOT a solution, reducing your daily fatigue is the only solution. Long hours is not macho its stupid and the sooner drivers realise it the better for all road users.

Javiatrix:
P.s. just sniff a few lines, that’ll sort ya out :stuck_out_tongue:

what of?.. Snuff? :smiley:

toby1234abc:
What are the ways to combat this?

Working afternoons. Goodbye alarm clock :grimacing:

Unless you’re doing 15s.

Bung the truck in a lay-by throw a red bull down your neck get on the bunk for a bit wake up feeling amazing

Tipper Tom:
get on the bunk for a bit wake up feeling amazing

Whats her number? :laughing:

Power nap

Chewing. . . . . . . . . .GUM! I always find as long as I’m chewing, I’m able to keep powering through these dark hours. Good for your teeth too!

Reubs766:
Chewing. . . . . . . . . .GUM! I always find as long as I’m chewing, I’m able to keep powering through these dark hours. Good for your teeth too!

Makes my nose itch, that said that would keep me awake :laughing:

Stop and have a nap. Just get in somewhere safe, engine off, doors locked, seat back and let nature take its course. Getting out and walking around, having a brew etc will wake you up for a few minutes (just long enough that you don’t feel the need for sleep) but 10-20 miles later and you’ll be nodding again. If it’s a one-off, then fair enough - but if it’s happening a lot then you need to reconsider your daily/nightly sleep arrangements

anders66:

toby1234abc:
A bit of 80’s music on fall blast.Can not beat a bit of Howard Jones,King,Big Country,The Alarm,Tears for fears,The Cure,Gary Numan,OMD,The Smiths,Morrisey,Hazel Dean and Kajagoogoo.Too Shy.

To right Toby have 3 or 4 box sets of eighties find it brill for waking you up a bit kings of Leon helps a bit do pity about my dodgy singing lol. :smiley:

80’s zb is ok if you’re only half asleep but it takes some decent 70’s when you’re really knackered.

If you go off the road with this at full blast at least you can tell the law you tried when they arrive on the scene. :smiling_imp: :laughing:

youtube.com/watch?v=rLIbVdNNSwU

A nap is the only answer as my grandad used to say " better to be 20 minutes late in this world than 20 years to early for the next one".