The cost of cleaning your cab

Just wondering how much if anything you lot spend on cleaning your cab, whilst I like to keep on top of it as it’s my home in the week, I do begrudge buying stuff to clean something that isn’t mine. Some of the products you see in the shops cost a few bob, I did buy that chrome once but thought it was better in my car.

I spent about £50 last week on products. Last probably 6 months. So I would say around £100ish per year.

Few pound a week on wetwipes and and about £10 a month on polish.

Keeps everything nice and fresh and shiny.

Will also buy the relief driver a drink (coffee of course) if he don’t crap in the fridge whilst I’m on holibobs.

Edit: To be fair the relief driver should get a lot more for sleeping in my bed.

■■■■, I’d better get me hand in my pockets, I’m a tight sod.

tin of furniture polish, soft cloth and antibacterial wipes. maybe an air freshener. I’ve yet to be allocated a motor so get rotated around 3 or 4 different ones, can’t stand a dirty cab (day cabs) so I just keep them all clean. Wont spend much for that reason, and i’ll just book extra OT to cover the cost, however that is all you really need, current vehicle I’m driving is gleaming.

I pay nothing company supplys all the stuff inside and out.

Colin_scottish:

Mines the same. Although I do have a fondness for Lemon Sherbet magic trees which costs me £1 a week.

From what I’ve seen at various job’s, the cost is probably zero.

Fat, stinking, unhygienic pigs seem to proliferate in this job sadly :unamused:

harrawaffa:

Colin_scottish:

Mines the same. Although I do have a fondness for Lemon Sherbet magic trees which costs me £1 a week.

We get cans of air freshner supplyed aswell all the stuff we get is from auto smart.

Colin_scottish:

harrawaffa:

Colin_scottish:

We get cans of air freshner supplyed aswell all the stuff we get is from auto smart.

Oh and we are all so jealous of you and your free cleaning products. Thanks for sharing that, you are such a contributor aren’t you.

I don’t keep much except for glass cleaner, micro fibre clothes, quick dash detail, leather cleaner and conditioniner, anti bacterial wipes and a mop and bucket…Etc etc

We get sweet fa,for inside or out, though management are quick to point out that a unit needs a wash, I throw mine through the truck wash and stick it on DKV once a month.

UKtramp, why are you complaining about Colin Scottish stating his company supplies all materials so his cab cleaning is free?

The OP did ask how much people were spending, CS answered the question, a bit like the late Maggie Thatcher in some ways in that you might not like the answer but you got one.

If it comes to it my company will supply anything we need, most decent companies will.

I am lucky that no one else drives my allocated truck (except on my holidays), therefore cleaning is easy since I dont smoke or have to clean up after someone.
I use just anti bacterial wipes and a clean micro-fibre cloth rinsed with just fresh water, it is all I use. I’m not a fan of fake smelly ‘air fresheners’ prefering the real thing so I spend literally nothing. The cab is cleaned out several times a week while unloading, swept out and an air gun to finish off.
The other drivers truck is like a grow bag inside, you could plant vegetables in the dust on the dashboard!

Juddian:
UKtramp, why are you complaining about Colin Scottish stating his company supplies all materials so his cab cleaning is free?

The OP did ask how much people were spending, CS answered the question, a bit like the late Maggie Thatcher in some ways in that you might not like the answer but you got one.

If it comes to it my company will supply anything we need, most decent companies will.

Dont worry there trampy will be there to bully me because i called him a troll.I really dont care but if trampy wants complain then he can or he can just troll along since hes not the greatest thing since sliced bread.

UKtramp:

Colin_scottish:

harrawaffa:

Colin_scottish:

Oh and we are all so jealous of you and your free cleaning products. Thanks for sharing that, you are such a contributor aren’t you.

Yes trampy you should be now run along and go play with you toys.

Not much at all. Not a fan of wiping things down as all it does is spread any dust about. I just use my Dyson with the dusting brush tool, this gets in all the nooks and crannies, air vents ect. Used everyday keeps the inside like new. Tbf though i dont do dirty work , its only trailer swops i do at each end. Iy youre in and out of the cab all day in muddy work places/ tipper work ect and its going to cost a fair bit more in cleaning products…

like colin Scottish, company supplies everything & they make sure you use it!

Dipper_Dave:
Few pound a week on wetwipes and and about £10 a month on polish.

Keeps everything nice and fresh and shiny.

Will also buy the relief driver a drink (coffee of course) if he don’t crap in the fridge whilst I’m on holibobs.

Edit: To be fair the relief driver should get a lot more for sleeping in my bed.

Psst Dave, didn’t they tell you, he does

Juddian:

His company supplies his because you may have not noticed, he isn’t actually a driver, he is actually a car Valeter.