The cost of cleaning your cab

UKtramp:

Juddian:
UKtramp, why are you complaining about Colin Scottish stating his company supplies all materials so his cab cleaning is free?

The OP did ask how much people were spending, CS answered the question, a bit like the late Maggie Thatcher in some ways in that you might not like the answer but you got one.

If it comes to it my company will supply anything we need, most decent companies will.

His company supplies his because you may have not noticed, he isn’t actually a driver, he is actually a car Valeter.

If im just a car valeter why would i be loading bags of shredded plastic to then take away for recycling

For Christ’s sake lads it’s getting bloody boring, can see why the regular posters seem to be disappearing.

Juddian:
For Christ’s sake lads it’s getting bloody boring, can see why the regular posters seem to be disappearing.

Sorry i will behave again am not trying to be funny or that.

Not much. An air duster, a brush, some AutoGlym, some cloths, some glass cleaner, some air freshener.

Really isn’t hard or expensive to keep a cab clean.

A.

Having two fast growing kids I get an ample supply of old clothes to use as rags. Quick wipe once a week is all my cab gets. If I had a sleeper cab I’d be a bit tidier mind you.

Only thing I regularly used was wetwipes,they leave the dash dust free and more importantly not shiny like that silicon ■■■■■ does, they’ll also remove fifth wheel grease and dirt from most surfaces including the seats, when I was washing the outside of the truck I’d also give the floor a once over with an old wet well wrung out beer towel I had, but because I never wore my boots in the cab or whilst driving the floor never really got dirty anyway.

+1

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

vikingpete:
Just wondering how much if anything you lot spend on cleaning your cab, whilst I like to keep on top of it as it’s my home in the week, I do begrudge buying stuff to clean something that isn’t mine. Some of the products you see in the shops cost a few bob, I did buy that chrome once but thought it was better in my car.

Once you’ve bought the stuff, take the receipts into your office and ask for them to pay for it. Might not get it all, but anything is better than nothing.

Colin_scottish:

Juddian:

Sorry i will behave again am not trying to be funny or that.

To be fair I dont think it’s CS who’s being a ■■■■ here,but the 10 cubic metre big headed fridge fixer …

Can of cheap furniture polish and glass cleaner every now and again that’s it. No more than 20 quid a year

I may be going extravagant with a £100 per year, tbh I really don’t care as I do it for me and not my company. They service and run it but I clean it so I can live in something clean. As for furniture polish etc, I honestly wouldn’t use that on plastics. I use Auto glym stuff as it lasts and is particular for cars etc. My truck is a 2012 and not a mark in the interior. As I say it is my living space.

I’m not really sure how much I spend, but I treat the lorry as if it is my own. It makes for a depressing first shift each week when I come back and find that it’s a state inside and out, but the rest of the week is fine.

Pledge does the glass inside and out.
Rubbing alcohol cleans the dash/doors/floor.
Baby wipes are good for cleaning the steering wheel during the day, and for dealing with smudges of fifth wheel grease kindly deposited at random by the relief driver.
I have a can of febreeze but only use it at the end of the week when I leave.
A cheapo paintbrush dusts the nooks and crannnies of the dash and vents.
Handbrush for the floor.
Microfibres for floor, dash, inside glass, outside glass and one as a doormat for my boots.

Outside, its washing up liquid to clean and I have a telescopic wash brush I bought. Plus a different handbrush for the wheels, and a longer handle brush to reach as much of the frame as I can. And a sponge for wiggling into the air deflectors.
Chrome Ultra Tyre Shine for the tyres and plastics.
Chrome Fast Wax occasionally on the outside.

Packet of floor wipes from Asda once a fortnight, so I’m probably wasting about £26 a year wiping up other people’s footprints off the engine hump etc. That and the £3 I spent on a hand brush & a duster. I can’t work around dirt in my eye line though.

If you don’t have your own unit you’ll drive yourself mad trying to keep them spotless. I just brush out the crumbs, wipe up the spillages & accept that the unit is otherwise just a tool.

vikingpete:
[zb], I’d better get me hand in my pockets, I’m a tight sod.

No you’re not, you are just careful :wink:

pound shop,simple

UKtramp:
I spent about £50 last week on products. Last probably 6 months. So I would say around £100ish per year.

Pity you didn’t spend a few quid on a can of this…

slowlane:
I’m not really sure how much I spend, but I treat the lorry as if it is my own. It makes for a depressing first shift each week when I come back and find that it’s a state inside and out, but the rest of the week is fine.

Baby wipes are good for cleaning the steering wheel during the day, and for dealing with smudges of fifth wheel grease kindly deposited at random by the relief driver.
Handbrush for the floor.

Microfibres for floor, dash, inside glass, outside glass and one as a doormat for my boots.

Outside, its washing up liquid to clean and I have a telescopic wash brush I bought. Plus a different handbrush for the wheels, and a longer handle brush to reach as much of the frame as I can. And a sponge for wiggling into the air deflectors.

Someone badly needs to get a life
I love the part where you only spray fabreaze at end of week when leaving cab Why

Glass cleaner out of the cleaners cupboard when she isn’t looking, cleaning the dash I water down the traffic film remover that’s used in the jet wash, gets rid of all the grime n it’s free.if you want a good cleaning product though you can’t go wrong with the chrome range, that what I use on my car

nightline:

slowlane:

Handbrush for the floor.

I love the part where you only spray fabreaze at end of week when leaving cab Why

Because since I live in it during the week, what’s the point - it doesn’t smell of anything to me as I’m immersed in it, but giving it a bit of a spray down to sort out the smell of cooking etc makes sure it’s a nice environment for the relief driver to get into when I’m off.

As for getting a life, I keep my lorry in a condition that makes me happy. What’s it to you whether I put in more or less effort than anyone else?

I’m not really sure how much I spend, but I treat the f it is my own. It makes for a depressing first shift each week when I come back and find that it’s a state inside and out, but the rest of the week is fine.

Because since I live in it during the week, what’s the point - it doesn’t smell of anything to me as I’m immersed in it, but giving it a bit of a spray down to sort out the smell of cooking etc makes sure it’s a nice environment for the relief driver to get into when I’m off.

As for getting a life, I keep my lorry in a condition that makes me happy. What’s it to you whether I put in more or less effort than anyone else?

The above is why, it’s a sad man that would make sure his cab smelled nice for someone who’s going to leave it back in a state, you should be using your spray to make it nice for yourself, sure don’t you spend enough of your own money on it