The Copenhagen Farce

While you are all working I am watching various reports from the Copenhagen climate conference on tele.10’s of thousands of experts,delegates and back up staff from around the world,none I am sure would have walked there to save the planet,talking about saving the planet.At the same time trying to play down e mails from scientists [Climategate]advising colleagues to bull…t.I might begin to take all this rubbish seriously if the tolls were removed from the Dartford crossing,which during the working day must be Britains most polluted area.Even EU emission standards for our vehicles,what an excellent wheeze to keep European truck manufacturers,none are British these days,building and selling vehicles we are replacing prematurely.Yes!the earth is flat and a one sided conference in Copenhagen,no arguments, does not have me believing ‘climate change’ is man made.

They don’t believe the bs themselves.If they did they’d be holding the conference in the open air on the ‘melting’ Arctic ice sheet or in Siberea this winter with their tables and chairs out there surrounded by birds in bikinis.But if they do get rid of all the CO2 we’ll all be choking because the trees won’t have anything to breath and then they won’t be able to breath out any oxygen for us to breath.But that commie comrade Brown likes it because it means that he’s got another excuse to raise the tax on road fuel while the People’s Commie Republic of China and the british rail industry gets carte blanche to burn as much tax free fuel as they like at our expense. :unamused: :laughing:

41,000 tonnes of CO2 generated by the conference - the same as the whole of Middlesborough for the same period.

If man made climate change was real and the threat they claim, carbon trading wouldn’t be allowed to exist.

I’ve just checked the soles of my boots, and can say in all honesty that I dont have a ‘carbon footprint’ to worry about :open_mouth: :smiley:

Tiger.

Does anyone else see the irony of taking a frozen polar bear to Copenhagen in a fossil fuel burning vehicle with 2 engines? :laughing:

Only when the ‘good of the planet’ comes before ‘economics’ will anything really change, especially from the likes of the USA & China.

Other countries like our piddley litle one may do their bit but it will only delay the inevitable a little longer so is not worth doing without the ‘big boys’ leading the way.

Oh well, it gives the anarchists for change here something to do… :wink: :laughing:

ROG:
Only when the ‘good of the planet’ comes before ‘economics’ will anything really change, especially from the likes of the USA & China.

Other countries like our piddley litle one may do their bit but it will only delay the inevitable a little longer so is not worth doing without the ‘big boys’ leading the way.

Oh well, it gives the anarchists for change here something to do… :wink: :laughing:

The ‘inevitable’ what ROG ■■.Most of the yanks are’nt stupid enough to believe the theory and the chinese are happy to go along with it so long as they can burn our share of the cutbacks.

We are getting a change in the climate and the ice is melting - as to WHY seems to be the point of disagreement - I’m no expert as to give a view on that but climate change has happened quite often during the history of this planet and that had nowt to do with emissions from planes. cars etc etc …

I have to have hours of science lessons on the stuff. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :neutral_face:

ROG:
We are getting a change in the climate and the ice is melting - as to WHY seems to be the point of disagreement - I’m no expert as to give a view on that but climate change has happened quite often during the history of this planet and that had nowt to do with emissions from planes. cars etc etc …

Rog when they talk about the ‘melting’ ice have you noticed how they always show the Antarctic ice sheet breaking up every year at this time of the year and the Arctic every year during our Spring and Summer which is what sank the Titanic.It’s just as cold in Russia,Canada and the States every winter as the ones before and the British winter weather just depends on which way the wind blows.

ROG:

As John Redwood has said, the surface of Mars is heating up, but they haven’t yet found the 4x4 SUV’s that must be causing it

TC

Here’s the week’s weather forecast for russia I wonder why they’re not holding the meeting there?. :laughing: :laughing:

meteo.infospace.ru/russia/html/index.htm

Carryfast:
Rog when they talk about the ‘melting’ ice have you noticed how they always show the Antarctic ice sheet breaking up every year at this time of the year

In the 1980’s, the panic was about the hole in the ozone layer above the Antarctic. So we followed the Climate Scientists advice, banned loads of CFC causing chemicals and now the hole is closing fast. Now they’re finding out their consequent man made closure has now screwed up all the weather patterns around the Antarctic. In their own words: “We knew that, when we took away this blanket of ozone, we would have more ultra-violet radiation. But we didn’t realise the extent to which it would change the atmospheric circulation of the Antarctic.”

So now as a result of mass panic in the 1980’s and the subsequent removing the layer of Ozone which was supposed to be the last “we’re doomed” climatic event, the Antarctic will be subject to more UV rays and a potential 3C rise. In short, our messing about has actually WORSENED the effects of global warming by removing the very thing that was shielding Antarctica from the worst of it.

One thing that perpetually annoys me is being told to replace working things with new things because they’re marginally more efficient. I’m sick of being told that replacing my 25 year old perfectly working boiler with a brand new one that’ll barely make 5 years before needing replacing and will need multiple callouts in the meantime is somehow more environmentally friendly because it uses “up to” 10% less gas. Likewise the same with the car, my fridge freezer, my TV…

Funny how all these environmentally friendly low emission devices seem to result in lots of perfectly working older stuff going to landfill. Try asking someone selling you a low energy appliance how much pollution is caused in its creation and the disposal of the old one. Nobody yet has given me an answer.

And don’t even get me started with that supposed environmentally friendly solder they’re using nowadays. Its resulted in so much electronic waste from devices under a year old that’ve failed purely due to soldering issues (Xbox 360 and many models of laptops for a start) that the benefits are completely outweighed by the downsides.

Then there’s that hypocritical arse Paul McCartney who bleats on that cutting out meat one day a week is like saving the equivalent of 1000 miles of car journeys per year whilst travelling between his multiple homes spread throughout the world and such publicity opportunities in his private jet and limo.

On top of all this, the Beard is sending up his Virgin Galactic Challenger Two. I wonder what happened to number one :open_mouth:

A trip into space for anyone rich enough to afford 121k for a day trip.

I said to my missus, I wanted to go, she said I would lose my disability benefits if I was away from home.

I asked “Why” Stephen Hawking is going :laughing:

Wheel Nut:
On top of all this, the Beard is sending up his Virgin Galactic Challenger Two. I wonder what happened to number one :open_mouth:

A trip into space for anyone rich enough to afford 121k for a day trip.

I said to my missus, I wanted to go, she said I would lose my disability benefits if I was away from home.

I asked “Why” Stephen Hawking is going :laughing:

But could even Mc Cartney and the bearded one afford it if they were paying £5 per gallon for aircraft fuel :laughing: :laughing:

IMHO, the whole bloody thing is a scam on a global scale.

As soon as someone is generating income by a “Punative levy/tax” then you have to ask who is truly benefitting from what many people, myself included, believe is a natural phenomenon.

Does anyone remember the tale of “Chicken Licken” ? Y’know, the one where the sky is falling in ! :smiling_imp:

-A conservative estimate of the total cost of Copenhagen is £130 million ($215 million, €143 million).

-This estimate is based on the Danish government budget and the costs to participating governments of sending 15,000 delegates — including flights, accommodation, food, conferencing facilities and salaries paid to delegates while they are at the conference. It is a conservative estimate as it leaves out costs such as the need for supporting work by staff in the home countries.

British researchers said the 12-day U.N. climate change summit in Denmark will generate as much greenhouse gas as an African nation.

U.N. officials conceded the Copenhagen summit, which began Monday, will generate at least 41,000 tons of carbon dioxide, more than the average created by Malawi, Afghanistan or Sierra Leone during the same time period, the Daily Mail reported Monday.

Britain’s Taxpayers’ Alliance also criticized the conference for its estimated $214 million price tag.

“The politicians and bureaucrats going to Copenhagen seem to think it’s unlikely that they’ll reach a deal and they know that even if they can get something signed, an increasingly skeptical public aren’t going to accept ever more expensive climate change policies,” said Matthew Sinclair, research director at the Taxpayer’s Alliance. “This means that a huge amount of money is going to be spent on the summit, and thousands of tons of carbon dioxide emitted to get there, just to give the delegates a good photo opportunity.”

The summit is aimed at curbing climate change through reducing global greenhouse gas emissions from farming, manufacturing and transportation

Today it got worse as a leaked document showed that a “closed circle of nations” are intent on ramming through an agreement which gives more power to the rich nations, sidelines the UN, ignores the Kyoto treaty and more importantly, restricts the CO2 per capita of developing nations to 50% of that of the richest western nations. In short, the closed circle get to continue as before and the poor countries have to suffer.

More on the farce here:

guardian.co.uk/environment/2 … anish-text

Ban private jets,huge motor launches,stop going between Brusseles and Strasbourg every month to hold the EU parlament ect ect and I may start to take notice

we should ask the russians to become the USSR again.
well no one worried about climate change back then. we just waited for the 8 minute warning. and you could guarantee lots of ■■■ when the sirens were tested.
or we could just nuke iran, iraq, afghanistan, and libya. then no one would give a [zb] about climate change. they would have something else to worry about.

if they were so worried about burning fossil fuels and the climate, then all mail would go overland instead of by air.