The Bah Humbug Club!

rigsby:

pete smith:
Pete,
Buxton must be situated in a stockbroker belt if they are riding around in a Lexus!
Dave have you been on one of ROF’s courses?

Said Lexus is 15 years old Pete , nice and comfy , and I don’t have to grovel round under some cheap French bangers mending them . Never had the honour of one of ROFs expensive courses , speaking of the southern immigrant , he ponces round in a Jaguar these days so the courses must have paid off .

Cheap? :open_mouth: How dare you Dave! :unamused: They cost me almost two grand to purchase the pair of them, that’s almost a months pension, but my “grovelling under vehicles” days are long gone since my health problems started. I now have to top up my meagre pension by doing easier work for folk. :cry: Luckily my car doesn’t require much work, it only did 243 miles between the last two MOT’s and hasn’t needed fuel for 18 months so far. It’s worth nowt so I keep it ‘just incase’. :laughing: However the van has done over 8000 miles already this year, luckily it is very good on fuel! :wink:

Animal obviously like birthday cake if she has all those birthdays in one month? :exclamation:

Pete.

rigsby:

pete smith:
Pete,
Buxton must be situated in a stockbroker belt if they are riding around in a Lexus!
Dave have you been on one of ROF’s courses?

Said Lexus is 15 years old Pete , nice and comfy , and I don’t have to grovel round under some cheap French bangers mending them . Never had the honour of one of ROFs expensive courses , speaking of the southern immigrant , he ponces round in a Jaguar these days so the courses must have paid off .

Just to put the record straight, the “immigrant” is poncing around in a jaguar for two reasons-

1. It’s the X-type “Baby Jag” that was introduced when Ford bought Jaguar and realized that there was neither an entry model or a diesel in the Jag range. It’s powered by a reworked Transit engine and is based on the Mondeo chassis.
  2. It was a reduced-price offer from my step daughter who had just taken delivery of her new motor.
    Having said that, I must admit to liking the old beast. It’s a tad comfier than heaving up & down the M5 & M6 in a French van!
    I refuse to put a Christmas tree on the dashboard. Bah, Humbug!

Who the hell re-lit the Bah Humbug topic so early ? :imp: was it Pete windrush ■■ because whoever it was I am thinking of putting a fatwa on him (or at the very least a mild curse. :unamused:

It was actually that PV83 I believe , he thinks he’s safe hiding in the EU but I’ve a mind to have a word with Fergie47 . Mrs Fergie strikes terror into him , he’ll be sleeping in the woodshed next time he visits them .

rigsby:
It was actually that PV83 I believe , he thinks he’s safe hiding in the EU but I’ve a mind to have a word with Fergie47 . Mrs Fergie strikes terror into him , he’ll be sleeping in the woodshed next time he visits them .

You are correct Dave, it was young Whips, I have already reported him to the Duke of Brittany and he already sleeps in the woodshed for reasons I cannot divulge on here!

grumpy old man:
Who the hell re-lit the Bah Humbug topic so early ? :imp: was it Pete windrush ■■ because whoever it was I am thinking of putting a fatwa on him (or at the very least a mild curse. :unamused:

Mmm, don’t worry GOM, I will accept the heartfelt apology coming from you (that you are obviously taking time to word correctly before posting :unamused: ) with the usual good grace that I use when Mrs Windrush apologises for her mistakes. :wink: Anyway no more mention of yuletide from me now until at least next week.

Getting some more cards tomorrow by the way.

Pete.

One of the partners at the garage I use in Wakefield (I’m too old to be rolling about under motors now) , his good lady is making (again) some slabs of sticky treacle parkin cake. It will be delivered to our little geriatric social event that we have on Wednesday lunchtime.
Last year at this time I took some home and never saw a piece of it, the grandkids demolished the lot. “Is there any more granddad”?

As Pete windrush says…“it’s that time of year again”…BONFIRE NIGHT :smiley:

pete smith:

rigsby:

You are correct Dave, it was young Whips, I have already reported him to the Duke of Brittany and he already sleeps in the woodshed for reasons I cannot divulge on here!

You two happy now?! Just had word, I’m not getting any Xmas presents this year… apart from some new nappies for some reason…

grumpy old man:
One of the partners at the garage I use in Wakefield (I’m too old to be rolling about under motors now) , his good lady is making (again) some slabs of sticky treacle parkin cake. It will be delivered to our little geriatric social event that we have on Wednesday lunchtime.
Last year at this time I took some home and never saw a piece of it, the grandkids demolished the lot. “Is there any more granddad”?

The kids probably thought that your false gnashers would only get stuck in the parkin so actually did you a favour. That apology still hasn’t arrived yet by the way… :confused:

Pete.

windrush:

grumpy old man:

The kids probably thought that your false gnashers would only get stuck in the parkin so actually did you a favour. That apology still hasn’t arrived yet by the way… :confused:

Pete.

It’s in the post. Post will have been delayed by folk posting piles of Christmas cards. :stuck_out_tongue:

And I’ll have you know that my knashers (as you so eloquently put it)…are all my own :smiley:

grumpy old man:
It’s in the post. Post will have been delayed by folk posting piles of Christmas cards. :stuck_out_tongue:

And I’ll have you know that my knashers (as you so eloquently put it)…are all my own :smiley:

Ah, so it will be in with my card then? Hope there is no cash in there though. My teeth are my own as well, they cost me £28 back in 1983.

Pete.

pv83:

pete smith:

rigsby:

You two happy now?! Just had word, I’m not getting any Xmas presents this year… apart from some new nappies for some reason

Oh god :unamused: What have you been doing? C’mon, speak up man. :unamused:

windrush:

grumpy old man:

Ah, so it will be in with my card then? Hope there is no cash in there though. My teeth are my own as well, they cost me £28 back in 1983.

Pete.

Card ? :open_mouth: Postage ? :open_mouth: Now you really are being very silly. I only buy cards for Mrs GOM, (50p maximum) she lives here so no postage costs.

:wink: :smiley:

My neighbour has had her tree up since 1st November ( far too early ) mine might go up on 24th December only because I have the grandkids coming for a couple hours

animal:
My neighbour has had her tree up since 1st November ( far too early ) mine might go up on 24th December only because I have the grandkids coming for a couple hours

Hi Ang, Nice to see you posting your views again, The drivers bash in the Labour Club in Dec. Is getting nearer I hope to see you there since you missed the last one, Hope you are keeping well, Regards Larry.X

Greetings from Tyneside

Merry Xmas my arse , it’s Bah Humbug to the lot of you .

Not long now lads, are we getting all excited? Last of the cards written and posted yesterday, only 63 of them this year, busy hanging garlands etc today and distributing pressies around the area to needy folk. Just one to give to my last gaffer tomorrow. Have recieved a card today though and we haven’t a clue who sent it? Addressed solely to me, and using our full address that very few folk know, no postmark as it was franked at the post office but signed by four different folk who’s signiatures neither of us can read. Obviously I have at least four secret admirers? :laughing:

Pete.

:cry: I’m hobbling about on a walking stick after my surgery ( my crutches have been ‘confiscated’ by the physio lady,…she’s trying to kill me :open_mouth: ) so BAH HUMBUG

Right forum for this, I guess:

Happy Birthday Pete!

Steve.