Thats gotta hurt!

hi lads i pulled into corley services today to get me a massive burger king proper starving anyway got my grub came back to my wagon and another driver came past me on foot just got some food himself he unlocked his m.a.n and climbed up to my horror i see him miss-foot himself on the step and he went flying back down to the ground,i put my burger king down jumped out to assist him i said you all right bruv he said its me ankle drive,so i took a look OW MY GOD the bone had come out of his shin some how but he was so calm,i then rang for an ambulance and made him as comfatable as poss.i by that time had lost my cherry burger king in revearse not good the paramedics arrived in no time said he will not be driving for a while now.you just dont know whats around the corner do ya.

Did he try climbing into the cab with the food in one hand which therefore meant he had reduced hand gripping capacity :question:

ROG:
Did he try climbing into the cab with the food in one hand which therefore meant he had reduced hand gripping capacity :question:

yes he had left hand on grip bar and some sort of balancing act that went wrong :open_mouth:

ROG:

carpboy:
yes he had left hand on grip bar and some sort of balancing act that went wrong :open_mouth:

That’ll get some comments…

He wouldn’t have been wanting his food I guess, did you have it? :wink:

lol rog

those steps can be brutally sore if you bang your leg off them

Coffeeholic:
He wouldn’t have been wanting his food I guess, did you have it? :wink:

lol,when i think of food all i see is burger king,still abit tom ■■■■ :frowning: :confused: i think he has scared me for life.not eating a burger again!!!

Compound fracture tib and fib. Probably get a pin down the bone - six months off work and no chance of a compo claim :cry: .

Could have been worse - ankles can take a year to mend.

I was lucky fell out the cab of a FH16, was trying to get all my stuff out.

Had a rucksack on my back with a sleeping bag in it, was trying to grab my laptop, and had my motorbike helmet on my arm, fell off backwards but landed on my back on the rucksack so was embarressed more than anything else.

i fell out of an erf ec11 backwards onto a metal fencepost ,limped home and got a rollocking from the missus and a long wait for an x ray at soton gen. hospital ended upwith the rest of the week off ooouch

I fell out of an FH12 when I thought I was in an FM. Even I didn’t bounce much but it made a mess of my head :smiley:

Wheel Nut:
I fell out of an FH12 when I thought I was in an FM. Even I didn’t bounce much but it made a mess of my head :smiley:

Been there done that… should be a warning on FM’s :blush: This vehicle is closer to the ground :unamused: :smiley:

Tiger.

Wheel Nut:

I’ve done the same thing only it was getting out of an FM that I thought was an FL.

quote=“carpboy” so i took a look OW MY GOD the bone had come out of his shin some how

And you never thought to get ya camera phone out and take a few piccies, Some of us like a bit of blood n gore you know :open_mouth:

well for any of you who are out of work, there’s a job going somewhere. :laughing:

carpboy:
… i by that time had lost my cherry.

:confused: :open_mouth: :confused: :open_mouth: :confused: :open_mouth:

You don’t mess about do you?

Stan

Santa:
Compound fracture tib and fib. Probably get a pin down the bone - six months off work and no chance of a compo claim :cry: .

He has every chance of Winning a Compo Claim if the Employer cannot produce a Risk Assessment form along with a signature off the driver saying he was shown the correct procedure for getting in and out of the Truck Correctly.

Silly but true, but the EU Regs have got the law on the employees side.

Stanley Knife:

carpboy:
… i by that time had lost my cherry.

:confused: :open_mouth: :confused: :open_mouth: :confused: :open_mouth:

You don’t mess about do you?

Stan

Agreed :open_mouth: I’ve heard of “kicking” a man when he’s down but …

Still I guess trampers gotta get what they can :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Davey Driver:

Santa:

He has every chance of Winning a Compo Claim if the Employer cannot produce a Risk Assessment form along with a signature off the driver saying he was shown the correct procedure for getting in and out of the Truck Correctly.

Silly but true, but the EU Regs have got the law on the employees side.

Nothing whatsover to do with EU regs, in any country in Europe apart from the UK a claim for not have being shown how to get in or out of the cab would be laughed out of court supposing it even got there in the first place.

Vascoingles:
Nothing whatsover to do with EU regs, in any country in Europe apart from the UK a claim for not have being shown how to get in or out of the cab would be laughed out of court supposing it even got there in the first place.

Thats just it Vas they dont get to court, I Tore the ligaments in my right ankle due to the employer not fixing lights that were knackered, making the pot holes hard to see, only because they intended moving premises 4 months later, it cost them £6,500 without going to court.

The employer has a legal obligation to carry out Risk Assessments on everything regardless what it is, ( Check the EU Regulations For Employers) you’ll be surprised what you find out.

As an Ex Employer believe me, the EU Regs are out of this world, did you realise that ANY employee can request Flexi Time and the employer Must consider it? and give a valid reason for refusing it, and valid reasons must be genuine not even the excuse of how it could cause detrimental affect to the business is strong enough to decline it.

Your in Transport management now, I suggest you start reading up on the EU Regs for employers, It cost me £5300 for refusing to allow a 1 month pregnant woman to take every monday off work, she resigned but was awarded unfair dismissal because she was pregnant, and only worked for me for 7 months. My argument was that most pregnant women were happy to work until 2 months before the birth without any problems and never needed every monday off work.

Why she wanted every monday off made no difference despite the fact it was accepted by the tribunal in the end that she wanted the monday off to work part time at a call centre.

Now there’s true EU Justice so never discount anything when it comes to EU Regulations & Laws. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: