That Sinking Feeling. [Merged]

A truck rolled into Bristol Harbour this morning.
Reading the article, it seems that the driver may have jumped out without applying the handbrake.
A witness in the area told Bristol Live: "It must have been about 6.30am. I heard a huge bang and a splash and then someone shouting. It sounded like he was saying, ‘No no no!’ or something.

62B96F2B-A706-48A2-87C6-20CDEE593C1B.jpeg

weeto:
A truck rolled into Bristol Harbour this morning.
Reading the article, it seems that the driver may have jumped out without applying the handbrake.
A witness in the area told Bristol Live: "It must have been about 6.30am. I heard a huge bang and a splash and then someone shouting. It sounded like he was saying, ‘No no no!’ or something.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/lorry-sinking-bristols-floating-harbour-6091490

Wet costumes for the cast

The new drivers have arrived.

Going by the comment it’s looks like they were hooking it up. From someone who it seems must have seen it.

I’m guessing trailer brake wasn’t applied parked close to the edge, driver hooked up without checking park brake and pushed wheels over the edge and the rest is history.

A lesson in always checking the park brake is applied to a trailer before hooking up to it I guess.

Once the wheels were over the edge then gravity did the rest.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

A new Convoy intro.
Early morning Bristol the habour lights were dim first a crash and then a splash oh zb it’s fallen it.

simcor:
Once the wheels were over the edge then gravity did the rest.

Look on the bright side the headlines could have been truck collides with and sinks numerous boats in Bristol harbour Smit salvage have been called in to deal with the recovery operation.

Reminds me of when they would frequently film Casualty scenes round there. This time the drama is off script though. I wonder if it took any boats down, the harbour is pretty heavily subscribed.

Probably the left wing blm supporting crusties who threw the Colson statue into Bristol harbour. Saw a pure white lorry and decided it was racist so in the drink it goes

Filming the new Bond movie…

ladbible.com/news/uk-lorry- … r-20211021

A few more pics from the recovery. Was summut to do with a TV film company and sounds like the theory about forgetting brake while hooking up was right.

ArcticMonkey:
Probably the left wing blm supporting crusties who threw the Colson statue into Bristol harbour. Saw a pure white lorry and decided it was racist so in the drink it goes

With these woke muppets thinking of things to get offended about that really wouldn’t surprise me

Can’t park there mate.

Is it not true that all new trailers now have trailer breaks that automatically come on now when the airline is removed?
I’ve only driven artics for like 4 years but I have yet to have a trailer that wont move unless the airline is connected.

ArcticMonkey:

:grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

ArcticMonkey:

:grimacing: about right for Bristol

adam277:
Is it not true that all new trailers now have trailer breaks that automatically come on now when the airline is removed?
I’ve only driven artics for like 4 years but I have yet to have a trailer that wont move unless the airline is connected.

You would think so wouldn’t you but unfortunately not

Stupid Brexit

Already posted trailer brake most likely left off.

Comment from someone in paper mentioned they were hooking it up, pushed trailer back til wheels went over the edge and gravity did the rest most likely.

Case solved [emoji23]

adam277:

It is astounding in this day and age that it isn’t a mandatory requirement for all trailers to have park brakes that come on when the airlines are removed tbh. But as said not currently but you can have them.