That call has made my weekend:)

Just had my mum ring me up to give me the news I was holding out for that the DVLA have given me my HGV entitlement back :grimacing: I can’t explain how over the moon I am at this news as being on the road tramping is a way of life to me and I have missed these last 5 month on the road like a kid missed his favourite teddy bear :smiley:
Yes admittedly I have to go for a test every 3 year but my consultant told me my eyes would not get any worse so I should be fine in that respect. Some of you will probably think I’m mad when I say how much I’ve missed the open road and tramping but I couldn’t care less! Haha :smiley: When you are working in the warehouse day in day out seeing the lads you saw all the time on the road setting off with a Scotch or Cornwall and you are just sat doing doughnuts on a forklift it gets you down.
I must also thank my company who have been great and kept me in a job when they didn’t have to and allowed me to still earn a wage, on that respect I can’t thank them enough. Hope to see you on the A and B roads and motorways of our great country when I get back on the road and maybe have a natter to you all. Might get ■■■■■■ as a newt tonight now!!! :grimacing: :grimacing:

Thats fantastic news Steve, congratulations and about bloody time they saw sense

Congratulations i’ve been following your story and i’m glad it all worked out eventually, happy trucking.

Congratulations

You could almost make a case for using Rog’s crappy 1980’s design fireworks image here :grimacing:

As one who has had the same sort of thing in the past I’m very pleased for you. It’s surprising how much you miss driving when you carnt do it.
Evan thought you will hate it again in a few weeks lol

Well done mate, this has dragged on for what seems an eternity now.

Hope you get back behind the wheel soon. :smiley:

Congratulations Steve, don’t get ‘Blind’ Drunk tonight !
(Sorry, couldn’t resist that one)

Congratulations , Steve, I’ve followed your posts with interest over your enforced layoff, definetey cause for a ■■■■ up !
Enjoy
Jim
Ps how do you spell definetley ■■?

JFC999:

Definitely not like that. :smiley:

I just love a happy ending - makes me go all dewey-eyed! Seriously though mate, really pleased for you that you got the conclusion you deserved. Onwards!!

Great to hear such good news. Congratulations.

Nice one mate you fought it and won, how many drivers don’t fight the dvla when they declare them unfit?
Glad your back on the road mate :smiley: do you work for mallinsons?? Il watch out for you

That’s brilliant news Steve :smiley:
Why not name & praise the Co you work for, sounds like they stood by you and backed you all the way
Well done that company :wink:

Cheers for the replies lads :smiley: yeah I do YT however I’m not going back on the road until the 10th of March as I’m going to Antuiga in 3 week to watch the England vs West Indies one day series plus I don’t want to leave the 2 warehouse lads in the ■■■■ and it’ll give them a few week to find a replacement.

Thats great news. Dont think I’d miss driving but would miss the weekly cash infusion to my bank account.

Nice 1 Steve, great news.

A lot of drivers moan about the job, but we all chose it, and continue to choose it, as a way of life.

Wouldn’t worry too much about the warehouse bods, I see scally’s in tracksuit bottoms all over the place everyday, so you’re easily replaced :smiling_imp:

the maoster:

JFC999:

Definitely not like that. :smiley:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

great to hear a good news had loads of trouble a while back with eyes and dvla
on a 3 year like you but was so happy the day I was told I couldcarry on
driving diesel in the blood with me. good luck

SBT

That’s good news, shows what you can do when you dig your heels in. Well done.

Bassman

Well done steve